HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS has sunk to a new low...

Old
11-19-2008, 04:39 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
good lets get that racist clown off the air, he is an idiot ... sooooooooooo dumb its not even fun.

and while you're there , get the other dumb guy out, I don't know his name,stephane, w/e, the guy who thinks he is an actor and plays a role of a guy that is outraged by europeen born players... his role playing is poor , anyways ... he just looks like a fking prostitute who repeats everything that is out of line...

ignorant mofos who think that minsk is in siberia ... I am an european ******* as well , and I know I'm not entitled to love the habs or know as much about hockey mr. Therrien, but the fact that your ignorance and racism actually earns your pay check every week is beyond my grasp.

hope to see you someday , after a couple of beers in a cage aux sports ... lol , you're in for a good one.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:40 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Well, yeah, it depends on the comments. I didn't hear it.

If it's general neanderthal hockey talk, fine.

If it's actual racist slurs....they may well have a problem.

The "go to siberia" posted here and the like may well be a problem.
Well, if he said something along the line of "these drunk lazy Russians are, as always,..." that could be considered racism...

A lot of posters on HF, were fast on the "lazy Russians" the last few years, so we might have to monitor our conversation first...

Therrien comments showed more ignorance than anything on Russia... and the funny part in all that is that the pictures from supposedly Siberia could have been easily talking in Gaspesia or Abitibi...

It's just pure moronic comments that's all...

But, what are we expecting from intellectually challanged people like Therrien, Chantelois, Brunet, and the other ones that I don't know their names...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:40 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I am really curious, I don't live in Quebec, does the population in Quebec share the same opinion ...just a minority or this is something common, a popular opinion?

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:43 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
You know what though, If i'd go on CTV and say "Qubecers are a bunch of ignorant racists" I'd get rip to pieces by the population and this should be no different.
The argument he uses isn't logical. The reason why those players aren't working hard (Kostitsyns, Pleks, Higgins) is because they are partying too much or are injured or whatever, it's not because they come from Belarus, Slovakia and USA.

Stupid sensationalism.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:44 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I am really curious, I don't live in Quebec, does the population in Quebec share the same opinion ...just a minority or this is something common, a popular opinion?
It's just like any other nation... a minority of stupid ignorants who make us look bad...

But, at least, we're not hiding it and we're trying to find solutions...

Stupidity is universal

Old
11-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Go Habs Go

This type of prejudice must stop... I can't believe a tv station as big as RDS/TSN have staff that are this backwards. Shame on them and I hope the journalist gets fired.

Send in letters people, these types of people need to be eliminated.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:46 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
This type of prejudice must stop... I can't believe a tv station as big as RDS/TSN have staff that are this backwards. Shame on them and I hope the journalist gets fired.
I just wonder what players from Quebec he's talking about... because he's right...let's get them in the lineup if they are better!

Notice he didn't call out Kovalev or Markov. Neither of those guys are playing well. Neither was Komisarek before he got hurt. And what about Koivu?

Old
King Kovalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Are you really comparing a guy who gets almost double the ice-time than either as well as more PP time.. not to mention better players than Sergei has played with all year..
What about Andrei?

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
akratique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
good lets get that racist clown off the air, he is an idiot ... sooooooooooo dumb its not even fun.

and while you're there , get the other dumb guy out, I don't know his name,stephane, w/e, the guy who thinks he is an actor and plays a role of a guy that is outraged by europeen born players... his role playing is poor , anyways ... he just looks like a fking prostitute who repeats everything that is out of line...

ignorant mofos who think that minsk is in siberia ... I am an european ******* as well , and I know I'm not entitled to love the habs or know as much about hockey mr. Therrien, but the fact that your ignorance and racism actually earns your pay check every week is beyond my grasp.

hope to see you someday , after a couple of beers in a cage aux sports ... lol , you're in for a good one.

You guys feeling better now?

Racism? Do send that letter to the CRTC and provide them with much needed lulz.

akratique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:47 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
The argument he uses isn't logical. The reason why those players aren't working hard (Kostitsyns, Pleks, Higgins) is because they are partying too much or are injured or whatever, it's not because they come from Belarus, Slovakia and USA.

Stupid sensationalism.
You're making him say things he hasn't say... he even said that "nationnalities aren't important to him"...

Yes, you could argue that he contradics himself, but he said it...

Old
11-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akratique View Post

I sent a complaint to the CRTC and I really couldn't care less if they laughed or not. This type of journalism should not be allowed on televison. It's an attempt to rile up the fans and have them demand certain players off the team.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:48 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:

Why did he just single out the young, Euro guys? The older Euro (and NA) guys aren't playing well either...

Old
11-19-2008, 04:49 PM
BigTimer*

Don't waste your time e-mailing RDS about it... like somebody said, they cater to the lowest common denominator and for them to be as good at it as they are, they definately hire the lowest common denominator from the top down.

Isn't RDS owned by Bell?

Bell would care. They would care alot. E-mail them and the CRTC.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:54 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
thats on top of the fact that they can't understand that a guy like valetenko leaves his < 1 m contract to go back with his family and earn 4 times that. His family depends on him financially, and instead of looking at his decision in a rationnal way , they started to **** on the guy.

they are ignorant ... simple ...

the rds pannel ....

nothing to say about demers and joel bouchard .... and chantal

but seeing dave morissette say that a fight is the most important part of a hockey game, seeing brunet having nothing intelligent to say and flip floping on his positions, having gaston terrien as Prime time analyst , having that stephane guy who is just an idiot ... people arent that stupid in general here , and we are forced to endure their stupidities night after night ...

I prefer listening to a game on the radio than on rds on a 12 foot HD screen.

Old
11-19-2008, 04:58 PM
akratique

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees View Post
Why did he just single out the young, Euro guys? The older Euro (and NA) guys aren't playing well either...
Don Cherry has made a career out of singling out Europeans and Quebecers.

He's on prime time, dontcha know, and probably the best paid hockey commentator in the country.

How many letters to the CRTC have you sent because of him?

When you're writing letters because of these clowns, it's really time to break out the xanax.

akratique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post

but seeing dave morissette say that a fight is the most important part of a hockey game
I don't know how a guy with 11 NHL games have over 500 NHL anecdotes to share with the viewers.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:00 PM
usernam

I'm not even close to be surprised. RDS say such comments week in week out, sometimes it's less noticeable.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:01 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:

He's on prime time, dontcha know, and probably the best paid hockey commentator in the country.

When you're writing letters because of these clowns, it's really time to break out the xanax.
Ouch... that's got to hurt...

Still, it's not a reason to not complain about these kind of comments... but I admit that there's kind of a double standard...

Old
11-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Nobak

Although his agenda is painfully obvious, there's really no case against him.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
habdynasty

Can they not find smarter announcers in Quebec than Morrisette?

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:

There's a reason I don't watch CBC coverage..

How many times has RDS itself criticized Grapes? I clearly recall le moron chantelois bashing cherry last year. It's one of the biggest case of pot calling the kettle black.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Fido22

Quote:

Cherry and the CBC have been in hot water with the CRTC a number of times.

But you're right, Cherry type comments / Therrien type comments are the same thing. That's pretty obvious. Well, at least it should be.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Andy

See no one takes Don Cherry seriously, but there are people in this province who actually believe the crap Gaston Therrien is saying, that's the problem. He knows they'll believe him that's why he says it, he's playing with the minds of Quebecers who actually think that outside players are threatening them.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Fido22

Quote:
See no one takes Don Cherry seriously, but there are people in this province who actually believe the crap Gaston Therrien is saying, that's the problem. He knows they'll believe him that's why he says it, he's playing with the minds of Quebecers who actually think that outside players are threatening them.
Plenty of people all accross this country take Cherry seriously. It's not any different, really.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:11 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Plenty of people all accross this country take Cherry seriously. It's not any different, really.
but its sad, really ...