HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS has sunk to a new low...

Old
11-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Vicious

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/talkbacks/263842/369997.html

He's on tv now... guess who he's talking about.

edit: wow was Samsonov ever offside on that goal...

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:19 PM
number 11

anyone catch the short interview with skost on sports 30 a few minutes ago? it went something like this:

reporter: carbo says some players are too comfortable and not afraid enough to go down to hamilton. do you think you are one of those players?
skost: no, maybe ask carbo
reporter: do you feel you are too comfortable here?
skost: no i try hard and help the team

sergei looked like he wanted to punch the guy in the face but was holding back. then they went on and asked latendresse the same questions. oh wait, no they didn't.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:21 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

really hard to understand, I never heard of anything like this here in BC. I never heard anyone on radio or TV making comments like that or asking the Sedin bros to go back to Sweden even when they were playing like crap. They were called sisters and stuff but all in good homour.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
anyone catch the short interview with skost on sports 30 a few minutes ago? it went something like this:

reporter: carbo says some players are too comfortable and not afraid enough to go down to hamilton. do you think you are one of those players?

sergei looked like he wanted to punch the guy in the face but was holding back. then they went on and asked latendresse the same questions. oh wait, no they didn't.
Did they actually ask him that?

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Yup.. that's pretty much verbatim.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
la25ecoupe

Here's my translation for the non-French speakers (the bad grammar is not my fault, they can't speak french properly):

Dude: "Gaston, the Kostitsyn Brothers, Chris Higgins, Thomas Plekanec, do not deliver effort, but they keep their spot in the lineup. Is it unfair for the others, and this morning we had Carbo lecturing the players at the training."

GT: "I think that now Carbo should stop talking and start acting. I've been watching the Kost. Bros. since the start of the season and we can find all kind of excuses. They are players that do not put intensity, aggressivity. A coach that respect himself and that respect his players, has nothing against missing a goal or taking a bad penalty, but when you are not working, when you do not deliver, you have to act, you have to go."

Video: Showing landscape of Russia/Siberia with bad weather.

GT: "Now we look at images from Russia/Siberia. If the Kost. Bros., because we don't let them play or we bench them, want to return to their country, then BYE BYE go away."

Dude: "But that's what's happening, seriously."

GT: "Yah, in the case of Carbo, he cannot be held hostage and be menaced all the time. Carbo has to win games, with the best players. Currently, the Kost. Bros., Plekanec and even Higgins, do not give the full potential. And they make the Quebecer players pay, that do not deserve to be benched, or have less, huhhh, ice time then the others. In the case of Carbo, he has to act, and at the moment, it's the Kost. Bros. that do not play well."

Dude: "But, Siberia seemed beautiful."

GT: "It seemed beautiful. If they want to go, it's their country, i went to Europe, I liked my country, I was happy to come back. If they want to go, BYE BYE."

My ears hurts, somebody can do the rest?

Last edited by la25ecoupe: 11-19-2008 at 05:37 PM.
la25ecoupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
really hard to understand, I never heard of anything like this here in BC. I never heard anyone on radio or TV making comments like that or asking the Sedin bros to go back to Sweden even when they were playing like crap. They were called sisters and stuff but all in good homour.
You think you are better than us don't you? Don't you?

I'm just kidding. This kind of stuff happens everywhere where there is some larger type of language/racial question. Look at how UK papers talk about continental european players. Go watch a game in a pub there. Much worse than anything here.

You guys are too mellow in BC. You guys need to get an edge man!

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
yes it was just on again . Poor Sergei the guy hasnt played 1 full yr in the NHL and we get media out for his throat .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:34 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
You think you are better than us don't you? Don't you?

I'm just kidding. This kind of stuff happens everywhere where there is some larger type of language/racial question. Look at how UK papers talk about continental european players. Go watch a game in a pub there. Much worse than anything here.

You guys are too mellow in BC. You guys need to get an edge man!
we all live here in peace and harmony

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:44 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Anyone wanna grab their pitch forks and mob/raid the station? I got my torch

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post

Even worse, Sports 30 just showed a clip of the Kost bros followed by the Carbo after-game interview yesterday and then, the Skost interview. Looks like they are 100% sure that Carbo was pointing at Sergei.

I guess that they will be very upset, because I'm sure that Carbo likes Sergei more than any of four young players in the line-up (Akost, Tender, Lapierre). He played Sergei in any game situation in his rookie season last year, and same this season. 5-5, PP, PK and even on a 2-3 shifts at D when Habs were trailing by 1 at the end of the game.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:46 PM
JrHockeyFan

It all sounds like the same Don Cherry mentality that you get on CBC. Narrow minded, opinionated, I know better than you attitude.

Why do they say that stuff? It attracts attention and gets a response. The more we respond to it the more they will do it. Ignore it and eventually the sponsors will catch up with the cretins

With these guys all players have a "fill in the blank" in front of their name: Russian player, Quebecois player, American player,etc etc. Unfortunately the "fill in the blank" part is more important to them than the player.

Ignore them.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Even worse, Sports 30 just showed a clip of the Kost bros followed by the Carbo after-game interview yesterday and then, the Skost interview. Looks like they are 100% sure that Carbo was pointing at Sergei.

I guess that they will be very upset, because I'm sure that Carbo likes Sergei more than any of four young players in the line-up (Akost, Tender, Lapierre). He played Sergei in any game situation in his rookie season last year, and same this season. 5-5, PP, PK and even on a 2-3 shifts at D when Habs were trailing by 1 at the end of the game.
the fun thing about the clip they showed was that they actually looked good on the clip

But RDS is a real joke anyway

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Gil128

Those bigots on L'Antichambre , what the H E(double hockey sticks is Le Baron anyway's, I think his toupee is to tight,he is brutal, as for Michel Bergeron, give me a break

Gil128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Carboneer

WOW, just watched the video called "les deux freres kostitsyn doivent se reveiller" on rds.ca.... this is ridiculous. first they said that Andrei had to put the puck on the net when clearly that would have led to nothing, instead he carries it in and makes a great pass to his brother, who mishandled the puck.... and they start complaining that its because of a lack of effort.... when the puck simply rolled of sergeis stick at the last second which happens like 20 times in a game to any player, especially their beloved Guillaume (which I have nothing against he deserves a spot in our lineup for sure). Then they show Samsonovs goal which resulted from the broken play and after BASHING the kost bros, they say that there is no blame to put on Obyrne's shoulders..... just as they show the replay of him getting schooled by a washed-up samsonov.... oh man this is so frustrating lets all go apply for jobs at RDS they have to take us, no? lol... who am I kidding..

Carboneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 05:57 PM
MontrealHabitant

I just watched the video and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

He's assuming that if the Kostitsyn brothers are threatening to somewhat leave if they don't play, that Carbo shouldn't put up with it and that they're welcome to GTFO.

He say's Higgins isn't working hard either.

Hell even at the end he says that Nationalities doesn't matter, if you don't work your ass off, you don't play.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Ross MacLochness

Oh man I really wish there was another team in Quebec so these clowns could go analyze and cheer for that team and leave the Montreal Canadiens the F alone.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
redmachine54

Gaston Therrien whines when Koivu loses a face-off in the dying seconds of the third with the team up 4-1. Anyone remember the end-of-game face-off, about 1 second before Carolina won the cup in '06, and Brind'Amour skated away from the draw? I'm sure if it was Montreal, he'd be complaining about how that could potentially have potentially led to a goal, and that Lapierre should've taken the draw.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Here in Toronto, you'd never ever hear a talk show discussing the Leafs bring up nationality and ethinicity in the same manner you hear about those in Montreal talking about the Habs. Would Bob Mcowan or Nick Kypreos ever start yammerin' on about "foreigners going back to their country if we don't give them ice time? Hell no. There's is only one person who does, Don Cherry, and that tells you all you need to know.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/talkbacks/263842/369997.html

He's on tv now... guess who he's talking about.

edit: wow was Samsonov ever offside on that goal...
Samsonov wasn't offside, or if he was it wasn't by very much. I managed to get this shot from the NHL highlights after lots of pausing.

Going at that speed, if the officials are that close I'm ok with that.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:41 PM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Here in Toronto, you'd never ever hear a talk show discussing the Leafs bring up nationality and ethinicity in the same manner you hear about those in Montreal talking about the Habs. Would Bob Mcowan or Nick Kypreos ever start yammerin' on about "foreigners going back to their country if we don't give them ice time? Hell no. There's is only one person who does, Don Cherry, and that tells you all you need to know.
Not so, unfortunately, just last year on Sportsnet I watched Bill Watters whine about the Leafs getting screwed by Quebec referees and how the NHL should never let Quebec referees do Habs games.
Every village has its idiot(s).

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Carboneer

It was a close one... but in your picture the puck is still on the line so it really dosnt tell us much... does anyone have a frame by frame, before and after picture of the play at the blue line?

(i remember someone posting a frame by frame shot of the Kostopoulos his on these forums, something similar would be perfect).

Carboneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Pascal

rds is a total joke. is there an email address we can complain to? would be cool to have them 200 "you suck" emails from HF posters.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboneer View Post
It was a close one... but in your picture the puck is still on the line so it really dosnt tell us much... does anyone have a frame by frame, before and after picture of the play at the blue line?
That pic shows that they are on-side. Once the puck touches the blue line, they are on side, no need the cross the line (like it is the case for a goal).

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboneer View Post

(i remember someone posting a frame by frame shot of the Kostopoulos his on these forums, something similar would be perfect).
As soon as the puck touch the line, it's considered "inside". No offside there, it was tight though.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote