HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/20/08 "Turnpike Battle Royale" - Panthers VS. Devils

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jal2155 View Post
Frolik is starting to look comfortable out there. This goal relaxed my fears that he'd develop into another Olesz; I'm sticking with my Havlat comparison. And, more importantly, Frolik makes those around him better; he created some decent opportunities for Zednik and McLean.
Looked more like Zetterberg tonight...

Old
11-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Why are you pointing out our 4th line? Our top 3 lines can't score.
Our top line had chances... That was our 3rd line

Old
11-20-2008, 09:31 PM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
Looked more like Zetterberg tonight...
... Zetterberg on steroids. I won't complain.

Old
11-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Frolik is starting to look comfortable out there. This goal relaxed my fears that he'd develop into another Olesz; I'm sticking with my Havlat comparison. And, more importantly, Frolik makes those around him better; he created some decent opportunities for Zednik and McLean.
As good a goal scorer as Frolik is, he's an even better passer. I'd like to see what he could do with Stillman and whoever once Cory gets back.

Quote:
Hm. One of the Devils (Doc or whatever his name is) said it was Booth; and I thought I saw a No. 10 on the jersey on the replay. And it seems I'm not the only one on the boards who thinks it was Booth. But it could be our mistake. Who knows.
I really think it was Zednik.

Old
11-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
Our top line had chances... That was our 3rd line
Chances, yes. But chances don't count on the scoreboard. You can't score 1 goal and expect to win. Sometimes you'll get a shutout, but not every game.

Old
11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Uhmmmm...did you read the comments that started that? Seems that we, or at least I, was being very realistic since I said that I was hoping Matthias was playing as though his play dictated him being up, not that he did deserve it. He'll turn it around, but there's really no need for the "reality" check since we were being pretty realistic.
I'm not calling you out specifically. I'm referring to the talk around here always about how Matthias needs to be called up and play on the 1st or 2nd line. The kid hasn't been top 6 in the AHL and has struggled. No other team would call up someone in that position that is a respectable organization.

Old
11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Now, we get to hear Potvin talk about how diving to block shots takes the defender out of the play.
Well, he has been doing that for a while, maybe he knows what he is talking about.

JOL

Old
11-20-2008, 10:14 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Just got back. We should have won this game. We dominated the 2nd period with chance after chance right in front of the net and could not finish. I knew at that point this game was over and sure enough, the Devils score. We hold them to 1 shot in the 2nd and still couldnt take advantage of it.

Finally the weight is off Frolik's back. What a shot on that PP. He should have had 2 with that missed chance point blank earlier. We should have had 2 points tonight, instead get 0. Cats MUST rebound in Boston.

Old
11-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
I'm not calling you out specifically. I'm referring to the talk around here always about how Matthias needs to be called up and play on the 1st or 2nd line. The kid hasn't been top 6 in the AHL and has struggled. No other team would call up someone in that position that is a respectable organization.
It irks me to no end that he's struggling so much down there. He's better than that, everyone was hoping he'd be up here making a difference, he's not even making a difference down there. He'll get his head around it, he did last year.

11-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
It irks me to no end that he's struggling so much down there. He's better than that, everyone was hoping he'd be up here making a difference, he's not even making a difference down there. He'll get his head around it, he did last year.
That Amerks team is definitely in trouble. It might even be better to have Matthias up here. I don't think I'd have any problem with him taking the spot of McLean, Pelts, or Dvo.

-ghoste

Old
11-20-2008, 10:46 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Matthias plays well every NHL game, even the one he played this year. He's been known to suck when he gets demoted (Like he did when he came back from the NHL last year but then dominated shortly after)

Old
11-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
That Amerks team is definitely in trouble. It might even be better to have Matthias up here. I don't think I'd have any problem with him taking the spot of McLean, Pelts, or Dvo.

-ghoste

Old
11-21-2008, 12:44 AM
CanadianPantherFan

Bou and Olesz can't score us a big goal in the 3rd period in this game when they get ample opportunity,but P.M. and a guy like Gionta (who is overrated in his own right) get big goals.

I hate this team on nights like this ,when he have just as much talent on the ice as the other team in a MUST WIN/SHOULD WIN type game

Closed Thread