HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Streit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2008, 08:09 AM
  #1
hashmi842*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Streit

Fact 1: Streit is having a great year, playing top minutes as D and PP, and hes the best defensemen for the islanders

Fact 2: Islanders are going nowhere this year, and its common sense to unload streit 5 yr deal

Fact 3: habs need PP spark, and a defensemen

Begin (1M) +Dandy (1.75) + Breezerbois (.75)= 3.5M (all ufa )
Streit= 4.25 M ( 4 more yrs left)

cap wise= makes sense, islanders get rid of contract, and fit well into both team

streit has proved he can play d this year, we can unload three plumbers for a good top 6 defensemen, also this will free up to roster spot to call up two guys from bdogs.

markov-komi
hamrlik-streit
bouillon- gorges
-obryne

I know this makes no sense whatsoever, but its funny what you come up with after speaking to your brother-in-law.


Last edited by hashmi842*: 11-20-2008 at 08:38 AM.
hashmi842* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:11 AM
  #2
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,537
vCash: 500
Your thread title is REALLY misleading. Also, no team would spit on their pride like that by trading for a player they have just left walk away.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:13 AM
  #3
playbedar
Registered User
 
playbedar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Granby, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to playbedar
There's no way that's happening. Gainey let him go, he won't trade for him that's for sure. We may need a PP specialist but not that bad.

playbedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:13 AM
  #4
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
This is a joke I hope

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:13 AM
  #5
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,978
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmi842 View Post
Fact 2: Islanders are going nowhere this year, and its common sense to unload streit 5 yr deal
This is where your logic goes very, very wrong.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:14 AM
  #6
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
in before lock

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:14 AM
  #7
Bumjoo Wang*
 
Bumjoo Wang*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Saw the thread title, told myself not to get my hopes up, rightly so..

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:16 AM
  #8
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
misleading thread title, very impossible trade...

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:16 AM
  #9
rocketlives
Registered User
 
rocketlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
No. Carbo would use him upfront and he's not worth $4M as a winger.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:25 AM
  #10
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
As much as the PP misses him his salary and term would completely screw up the Habs Salary Cap for the next few season's. His 4.2 with Markov's 5.75 and Hamrlik's 5.5 plus Komisarek's 4+mil he is going to get will destroy what the Habs have been building. Would make sense for this season but not any after. Too many young players to sign, let alone the Vets.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:29 AM
  #11
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
No. Carbo would use him upfront and he's not worth $4M as a winger.
Not just a winger, but also a pp specialist. We need a big shot at the point, not only does that shot score us goals directly, but also scores us more goals indirectly as it gives more room to the rest of the guys on the pp.

Having said that, Streit won't be coming back. But we do need somebody who can fulfill his role as well as he did.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:30 AM
  #12
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,266
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
The idea is funny.

The proposal is hilarious.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:33 AM
  #13
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
There is no way that this is happening. he was let go for a reason, not to mention that with all of the RFA's next season, this contract will affect them all.
Imagine if Streit turned into Dandenault by year 3 of the contract, there'd be no way to get rid of him without adding him to a prized player.
Bring this to the trade board, I don't think much of us want to go over this.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:37 AM
  #14
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
How about the Habs throw in a 3rd for Okposo to help even out the deal?

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:38 AM
  #15
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,537
vCash: 500

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:39 AM
  #16
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
No. Carbo would use him upfront and he's not worth $4M as a winger.
With our current problems and his salary, no he woudn't, i would be extremely happy to have Streit back, even at 5 mil at season, to us he is worth it, he would completely change our pp to what it once was, we would finally have Markov back as the passer and not the shooter

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 08:55 AM
  #17
TCIH
Registered User
 
TCIH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
One of the funnier threads I've seen in a while, well done.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:05 AM
  #18
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmi842 View Post
Fact 1: Streit is having a great year, playing top minutes as D and PP, and hes the best defensemen for the islanders
Fact 1 is pretty funny too, any team regardless of their record and current season potential would obviously love to give a guy away that's playing the way you describe. #1 defenseman are always given away.

There's next season too, and the one after that, but the Islanders wont need him for the amount of time they signed him for, just this season.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
  #19
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Well it worked in NHL 08, so it must be able to happen.


DO IT BOB

  Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
  #20
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmi842 View Post

Fact 2: Islanders are going nowhere this year, and its common sense to unload streit 5 yr deal
Sorry dude but this is not a 'fact' at all. They might be going no where but if they signed Streit to a 5 year deal, it's because they see him as being a part of their long-term plans.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:42 AM
  #21
Pnut
Registered User
 
Pnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: w. suckic
Country: United States
Posts: 7,018
vCash: 500
As an Isles fan I have one thing to say in a emoticon:



I hope that this was a joke, but none the less it was very funny

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:50 AM
  #22
Killer Carlson
Registered User
 
Killer Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Country: United States
Posts: 12,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Sorry dude but this is not a 'fact' at all. They might be going no where but if they signed Streit to a 5 year deal, it's because they see him as being a part of their long-term plans.
Absolutely. As an Isles fan, I have to say that while he won't be confused with Lidstrom or Pronger back there, his play in his own end has been much better than we were all expecting.

The Isles don't need to move him to get cap space. If anything, they'll probably try to unload UFAs-in-waiting like Comrie, Weight, Guerin, etc at the deadline and hope to pick up prospects and picks in order to accelerate the rebuild.

__________________
No more running. I aim to misbehave.
Killer Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:02 AM
  #23
Hunter07
Registered User
 
Hunter07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 7,787
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
The idea is funny.

The proposal is hilarious.
The logic behind why the Isles would trade probably their current best player is funny too.

God I love these boards!!!!

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
  #24
E_Godard
Registered User
 
E_Godard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Section 103
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
Well it worked in NHL 08, so it must be able to happen.


DO IT BOB

Now it all makes sense!

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:28 AM
  #25
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,414
vCash: 500
a) Ya, the Isles are going to trade a guy after 15-20 games although they are happy with him and gave him a 5 year deal.

b) Because of a couple/few losses Bob Gainey's going to abandon his entire plan for the team and try to TRADE for a player that a few months ago they could have had for nothing, on probably a shorter term, smaller dollar value contract.

Reminds me of a classic Simpsons moment:

Kent Brockman: Professor, would you say it's time for our viewers to panic?

Professor: Mmm, yes I would, Kent.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.