HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cure for a "Dormant" Offense

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2008, 06:43 PM
  #51
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
In order to score more, we need to put some more pressure on the other teams. We are a very reactive team as opposed to proactive. We need to force the other teams into mistakes. Up the forecheck pressure. Just my thoughts.
exactly

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 10:22 PM
  #52
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2009 View Post
Kovalchuk, Gaborik, Frolov, anyone who is fast and has sniping ability is the key.
Like Zherdev, whom we are mishandling. Renney wants so badly to break him into being some NA power forward, which he CANNOT be. Why is it so terrible to let him play the way he knows how?

We were supposed to be more of a "free-wheeling team with defensive responsibilities" according to Sather, and we're not, it's the same old ****. What does it take for a team to realize, "hmm, maybe defense is not going to win us game."?

And it isn't chemistry, nor is it "all in their heads." It's in the coaches' heads. Why can't they allow some mistakes, and win games 6-4? We have the skill to do that, and the offense is only latent because there is 0 stimulation. They're so focused on getting back in time and 2-way character and energy.

It would make no difference to have Gaborik or Kovalchuk or even Crosby if their sense of creativity is restricted by a dysfunctional system.

BobMarleyNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 10:37 PM
  #53
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Like Zherdev, whom we are mishandling. Renney wants so badly to break him into being some NA power forward, which he CANNOT be. Why is it so terrible to let him play the way he knows how?

We were supposed to be more of a "free-wheeling team with defensive responsibilities" according to Sather, and we're not, it's the same old ****. What does it take for a team to realize, "hmm, maybe defense is not going to win us game."?

And it isn't chemistry, nor is it "all in their heads." It's in the coaches' heads. Why can't they allow some mistakes, and win games 6-4? We have the skill to do that, and the offense is only latent because there is 0 stimulation. They're so focused on getting back in time and 2-way character and energy.

It would make no difference to have Gaborik or Kovalchuk or even Crosby if their sense of creativity is restricted by a dysfunctional system.
It'd probably take a record that wasn't good enough to have us in a tie for first in the east.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 12:20 AM
  #54
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Unless we are playing a goon squad - I would suit up a more evenly spread 4line attack on the offense to see if we cannot produce some more goals (a la Buffalo 2 years ago). No real order of lines - but something like this might work in producing more than 2,5 goals per game without giving up more

- Callahan - Gomez – Sjöström
- Zherdev - Dubi – Näslund
- Prucha - Drury – Dawes
- Fritsche - Korpedo - Voros

Well balanced, everyone on their correct wing and each line with consistent?? scoring potential 8as if that means something)
Not that I got anything major against Orr and Betts - but I deem this being worth a try (not against all teams)


Thoughts?

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:51 AM
  #55
Vaheh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Yerevan
Country: Armenia
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vaheh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Unless we are playing a goon squad - I would suit up a more evenly spread 4line attack on the offense to see if we cannot produce some more goals (a la Buffalo 2 years ago). No real order of lines - but something like this might work in producing more than 2,5 goals per game without giving up more

- Callahan - Gomez – Sjöström
- Zherdev - Dubi – Näslund
- Prucha - Drury – Dawes
- Fritsche - Korpedo - Voros

Well balanced, everyone on their correct wing and each line with consistent?? scoring potential 8as if that means something)
Not that I got anything major against Orr and Betts - but I deem this being worth a try (not against all teams)


Thoughts?
Why does everyone want to copy Buffalo and have scoring on all 4 lines when they didn't even make the finals with better offensive.The teams that won the cup in the last 2 years had at least one shutdown/checking line.

Vaheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 03:43 AM
  #56
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Unless we are playing a goon squad - I would suit up a more evenly spread 4line attack on the offense to see if we cannot produce some more goals (a la Buffalo 2 years ago). No real order of lines - but something like this might work in producing more than 2,5 goals per game without giving up more

- Callahan - Gomez – Sjöström
- Zherdev - Dubi – Näslund
- Prucha - Drury – Dawes
- Fritsche - Korpedo - Voros

Well balanced, everyone on their correct wing and each line with consistent?? scoring potential 8as if that means something)
Not that I got anything major against Orr and Betts - but I deem this being worth a try (not against all teams)


Thoughts?
i don't understand why you would want to take betts out of the lineup? he has twice the points of korpedo in playing less than twice the games with colton orr. also he actually has a point more than sjöström, who you want to have on the first line.

i'm not saying betts is a scoring wonder, but he isn't completly inapt at scoring, and most importantly he is one of the best penalty killers, and defensive forwards in general. Taking him aways imo would hurt the goals against per game more than it would help the scoring

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 01:26 PM
  #57
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It'd probably take a record that wasn't good enough to have us in a tie for first in the east.
Ok, and I guess you expect that to continue, winning games 2-1 for the next 60 games?

BobMarleyNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:35 AM
  #58
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,554
vCash: 500
Marcel Hossa already has 13 goals in the KHL. He'd be our scoring leader right now if those skills translated to the Rangers...

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:11 PM
  #59
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,554
vCash: 500
Tonight was probably what they envisioned for this season.

Dawes, Prucha , Mara

Drury, Gomez, Rosi

all in on the scoring

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.