HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

devils get kozlov...

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
devils get kozlov...

sather bet get working and make a deal or two because teams are already making their moves

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=74515

as for the devils, i think they overpaid for kozlov who im not sure will help them that much more

Old
03-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I think that's a great deal for the Devs. Uchvetov is replaceable & Berglund had one good year in Sweden and has been hurt on & off ever since.

Old
03-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I think that's a great deal for the Devs. Uchvetov is replaceable & Berglund had one good year in Sweden and has been hurt on & off ever since.
bluenote
kozlov is fairly injury prone, in the last 3 years he played over 70 games once, every other year he played less than 55 games, this years hes on pace for 64 games, but he has had injuries all year including a concussion, i just dont see that being the type of guy you necessarily want for your playoff run especially when you can go after doug weight, Brindy from the canes, heck even nedved has better production than kozlov... i think the devs could have done better

Old
03-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Fletch

Should've sent over Nedved....

for that package. He's only a couple years older and a bit more productive. I'd take a big, stay-at-home defenseman.

Old
03-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
bluenote
kozlov is fairly injury prone, in the last 3 years he played over 70 games once, every other year he played less than 55 games, this years hes on pace for 64 games, but he has had injuries all year including a concussion, i just dont see that being the type of guy you necessarily want for your playoff run especially when you can go after doug weight, Brindy from the canes, heck even nedved has better production than kozlov... i think the devs could have done better
The Devs have plenty of what they just gave up for Kozlov, it won't really hurt their prospect depth. I think it's a great deal if Kozlov stays healthy for them into the playoffs.

Old
03-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
The Devs have plenty of what they just gave up for Kozlov, it won't really hurt their prospect depth. I think it's a great deal if Kozlov stays healthy for them into the playoffs.
bluenote
you are right it will not hurt their prospect depth at all, my point is kozlov is an injury prone foward who hasnt been the same since his all star year in 2000, they should have gone after someone who can make more of an impact and possibly stay healthy

kozlov is not going to provide the play nieuwendyk did in last season's playoffs before he got hurt and kozlov isnt going to provide as much as weight, brindamour, and even nedved

they could have gotten lindros for conditional draft picks... they should have gone down that route

Old
03-01-2004, 05:50 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Actually...

this works out in the Rangers favor. The Devils were most likely not a viable partner a trade, while Kozlov was competition for many of the players the Rangers were trying to trade. Now, teams like Vancouver and Toronto, more likely trading partners for the Rangers, will have one less option. I'm hoping the Debbies get Gonchar, also.

Old
03-02-2004, 06:43 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
for that package. He's only a couple years older and a bit more productive. I'd take a big, stay-at-home defenseman.
Yeah but would the Devils have wanted Nedved and given that package to get him? Especially after they saw his pathetic play this year up close so many times?

I'm telling ya. I'm believing more and more that the only way the Rangers are gonna get rid of some of these guys is when they let them go at years end.

Closed Thread