HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Frolik

Old
11-21-2008, 12:06 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

vCash: 500
Frolik

I haven't had a chance to absorb any Panther games this year, but I wanted to know what the overall consensus was of Frolly to date?

Thanks guys

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
I haven't had a chance to absorb any Panther games this year, but I wanted to know what the overall consensus was of Frolly to date?

Thanks guys
He just had his best game as a Panther last night. Scored his first NHL goal on the PP and almost assisted on another later in the game with a great pass to Zednik. He is starting to get more confortable out there and hopefully now that he has scored his first the flood gates open, because we desperately need goals right now.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Crossbar

He would have had 2 goals had Clemmensen not robbed him with that amazing/lucky/desperate save, but Frolik has had many open net chances such as that and not buried them.

Crossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 01:28 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I really feel like we are wasting his talent when he's playing with the likes of Zednik and McLean.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
I really feel like we are wasting his talent when he's playing with the likes of Zednik and McLean.
I thought he was playing on the top 2 lines the last several games?

11-21-2008, 02:04 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
I thought he was playing on the top 2 lines the last several games?
LOL, those are the top two lines!

Old
11-21-2008, 02:10 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Hence the lack of depth we have at forward. Going with what we have at the moment, I would like to see him play with Kreps because I think Kreps is our second best center at the moment, since the Sunrise Express line could be back together.

Off topic real quick...but what the he!! is Campbell doing on the third line? He is not more talented than Kreps, and it seems that he gets additional time because of his past relationship with DeBoer.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Hence the lack of depth we have at forward. Going with what we have at the moment, I would like to see him play with Kreps because I think Kreps is our second best center at the moment, since the Sunrise Express line could be back together.

Off topic real quick...but what the he!! is Campbell doing on the third line? He is not more talented than Kreps, and it seems that he gets additional time because of his past relationship with DeBoer.
Campbell has created more offense than 1/2 the team in recent games. He has been playing well and deserves to be there right now. At the beginning of the year, I would have disagreed but the guy shows up to play every game.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
LOL, those are the top two lines!

I'm a little less excited to see tonight's game, now.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Pukboy5kroner

I like Campbell on the PP and the 3rd line. One would think he doesn't belong there, but he is one of the only guys who stands in front of the net. Kreps is more talented than Campbell, but at a certain point a player has to put it all together and bring something to the games. While he should be a 4th line center, it says more about the amount of effort he brings to the game compared to Kreps. Kreps still has a chance to beat him out for that spot, but he needs to step it up and do more than just win faceoffs.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Campbell has created more offense than 1/2 the team in recent games. He has been playing well and deserves to be there right now. At the beginning of the year, I would have disagreed but the guy shows up to play every game.
Frankly, after seeing his stats last season, I was hoping Campbell would get more of an offensive role and - more importantly - less of a defensive role. He has some offensive upside, and meanwhile he sucks playing a defensive game. I know +/- gets overstated, but you don't get to be the second worse +/- on your team when all your linemates are amongst the higher ratings on the team and playing the same limited amount of time you are. I really think it's a size/strength thing, frankly. And since he potted two goals the same day he was supposed to be out with a hand infection (which turned out to be a fracture, not an infection)...well, I think he needs a chance to become a supporting scorer.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:13 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
I like Campbell on the PP and the 3rd line. One would think he doesn't belong there, but he is one of the only guys who stands in front of the net. Kreps is more talented than Campbell, but at a certain point a player has to put it all together and bring something to the games. While he should be a 4th line center, it says more about the amount of effort he brings to the game compared to Kreps. Kreps still has a chance to beat him out for that spot, but he needs to step it up and do more than just win faceoffs.
In defense of Kreps, he has been hurt for a lot of this season so far. Judging by last season, Kreps was the better player. He is more talented, and as much as Campbell deserves to play on the third line, I think Kreps is just better suited. With that being said though, our bottom two lines are really fourth lines anyways, so there really is no argument, only to which players Campbell and Krep play with. Thats where I am getting at I guess. I think Kreps would be more productive with guys like Frolik and Zednik on his line than Peltonen and Dvorak.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:33 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Both Kreps and Campbell are solid players. Campbell is more suited for the 3rd line checker role and Kreps is more of an offensively gifted player. I got to say though, Soupy's been really stepping up lately. He's played well this season and I can see his offensive game moving up into the next level. He should get around 30 points if this continues.

Kreps still has a lot to prove this season, where as Campbell has shown he's got the grit, got the drive and got the heart to play night in and night out, so he's getting the ice time. Not to mention the fact that he played hurt and scored 2 goals in that game. Coaches love that kinda ****.

Old
11-21-2008, 05:19 PM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post

I absolutely agree with your Kreps remarks. I think many of us have forgotten his contributions (e.g. vision, size, face-off ability, passing ability) to the team last season. He's certainly an upgrade over McLean (who should, really, be a fourth-line center on a competitive team). Heck, when I think about it for a bit, Campbell is an upgrade over McLean.

On an unrelated note: DeBoer may want to consider moving McCabe to forward (6pts in the last 5 games).

jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:27 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
McCabe is not a forward. He's a defenseman.

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:59 PM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
McCabe is not a forward. He's a defenseman.
I was being sarcastic. I'm aware that McCabe isn't a forward; I just wanted to criticize our lack of scoring in an indirect way.

jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Well done.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 02:46 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

It was good to see Frolik out in the late stages of the game going for the extra goals tonight.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote