HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Jagr eligable to return after the KHL season is over?

Old
11-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Vito Andolini

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I agree. He's not the missing piece. He's his own entirely different piece all together, and if you think Jagr coming back wouldnt be baggage on and off the ice you just dont know the situation very well.
And if you think that his 15 points in 10 games will be easy to replace, then i dont think you know the situation very well.

And I don't think Jagr's the missing piece either. As of now, this team has quite a few missing piece's in my opinion. But if somehow things could work out (they won't) where he came over at the end of the year and signed within our cap space, how can you not entertain that idea?

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
And if you think that his 15 points in 10 games will be easy to replace, then i dont think you know the situation very well.

And I don't think Jagr's the missing piece either. As of now, this team has quite a few missing piece's in my opinion. But if somehow things could work out (they won't) where he came over at the end of the year and signed within our cap space, how can you not entertain that idea?
Who cares about his playoff points, its a completely different situation. In fact, the playoffs are months away, alot can happen from now until then. Thats why alot of this 'we'll get killed in round two !' crap is a bit much.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 04:42 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Lets put it this way
I'd take jagr over sundin in a heartbeat(especially since were JAM PACKED in the center department)

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Who cares about his playoff points, its a completely different situation. In fact, the playoffs are months away, alot can happen from now until then. Thats why alot of this 'we'll get killed in round two !' crap is a bit much.
You dont think playoff performance is an important consideration?

I think most people are in agreement that we are a good team. Couple that with the start we've had and there's no reason we shouldnt make the playoffs. So why not talk about the impact Jagr has had and could have when the games really matter?

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:26 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Ill take Jagr over any trade at the deadline or signing Sundin.

Who wouldn't? The guy dominated in the playoffs last season, our wingers cannot score cept Zherdev...and we cant score to begin with.

If the team looks the same as it does now, come March...id welcome him back with open arms...because unless Lundqvist plays out of his mind (and i mean even better then in Oct-Nov) the teams not going very far...again.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:30 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Lets put it this way
I'd take jagr over sundin in a heartbeat(especially since were JAM PACKED in the center department)

If those were the two choices then yeah. But there are other more viable option out there for the wing. even a player with 1/2 of Jagr's talent would be a better fit if they could develop instant chemistry with Gomez or Drury.

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:35 PM
The Thomas J.*

l would welcome?Jagr back for a playodf run. I had always suspected that a playoff rreturn foR Jagr was possible. We need goal scoring from somewhere.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:36 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:

I think most people are in agreement that we are a good team. Couple that with the start we've had and there's no reason we shouldnt make the playoffs. So why not talk about the impact Jagr has had and could have when the games really matter?

Well that's a point that can't be looked past. They are going to need some help come playoff time But theyre going to need it down the stretch too.

Old
11-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

I dont really think it matters, theres no way he's coming here anyway so lets just leave it at that.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:39 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
There's been lots of talk about this fellowship between the two teams. Is it possible for Jagr to sign an NHL contract in the spring when Omsk is eliminated from their playoffs?

Could Omsk "loan" him to the Rangers?

Sather sign Jagr for whatever $$ for the playoff run and than Jagr goes back to Omsk in the Fall?

Rental'd
No, there is a deadline to which a player needs to be signed before he can play in the NHL. This deadline is prior to the end of the KHL season. The same thing was being discussed about Cherepanov, prior to his death.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 05:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

So the KHL season is still on at the NHL playoff eligibility deadline?

Again Im noy saying we need to get Jagr back for anything but a potential PLAYOFF RENTAL

It could be one asset conservative route to take in the spring

11-21-2008, 06:01 PM
eph1413*

Not sure if the playoff eligibility deadline is the same as the european transfer deadline. Either way, I don't think Jagr would make it through waivers or even attempt to because he would want to play in New York.
Only way this happens is if Jags decides he wants out of Omsk within the next month and OMsk and Sather are cool with it.
In other words, it will not happen.

eph1413* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 06:16 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Why would a free agent Jagr have to clear waivers?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 06:27 PM
eph1413*

Because there is a deadline for players playing in Europe without an NHL contract to come over to an NHL team mid-season without clearing waivers first and that deadline is in a month or so. I guess it's to stop something like this from happening. They should institute one for players doing nothing like Sundin and Selanne last year too, but that's the way it is under the CBA. Refer to my previous post on page 1. Had Jagr been on a K with the Rangers and been loaned to Omsk, he could come over whenever with no waivers (although I think he would have to be on the roster by the trade deadline to play in the playoffs).

eph1413* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 06:40 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

ahh cool thanks. You know I didn't know that...thanks

So in theory a non playoff bound Islander team could claim him just to stick it to the Rangers

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 07:03 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
Jagr on this team changes the entire dynamic. More importantly it changes this team which while flawed shows some very positive signs back to a Jagr style team which proved to be unsuccessful for 3 years.

Jagr showed that he couldn't play with Drury or Gomez and he was the anchor and public enemy #1 on the PP which may still be struggling because he left his mark.
Don't get me wrong he's still JAGR but he just doesn't fit with the team they've build here. It's a step backwards. This is Drury and Gomer's team now. bringing Jagr back only throws a monkey wrench into the situation. And since he's not a good fit with our two star centers, there's no way he helps improve the chemistry on the ice. Which means not much more offense- thus he doesn't fix one of the current problems with this team.
Because so Many players on this team have shown that they CAN play w/ Gomez or Drury. W/ Jagr the first two years the PP was top 10. Since we got Gomez or Drury we are in the bottom third. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Gomez and Drury are the Problems on the PP and it wasn' Jagr. Gomez and Drury are much harder to play w/ than Jagr. And if you don't play well w/ Gomez and Drury the entire line sucks. If you don't play well w/ Jagr, at least Jagr has the capabilities to still make things happen by himself.

It really pisses me off that people talk so much crap about a player who almost singlehandedly brought this franchise back to respectibility. Just pathetic by our "fans."

Jagr has done more for this franchise in his 3 years here than any skater on this team has since the lockout. He also was a HUGE factor in the development of our very own Dubinsky.

The guy gets no respect, and its just wrong. But Drury and Gomez who have done NOTHING so far for this franchise get all the respect in the world, and love in the world by some fans like they won cups with us.

by the way the step backwards for this franchise was signing BOTH Drury and Gomez. It definately was not a step forward. Just the same as the dark years. Throw lots of money at players who DO NOT deserve it and hope for the best.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 07:23 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Because so Many players on this team have shown that they CAN play w/ Gomez or Drury. W/ Jagr the first two years the PP was top 10. Since we got Gomez or Drury we are in the bottom third. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Gomez and Drury are the Problems on the PP and it wasn' Jagr. Gomez and Drury are much harder to play w/ than Jagr. And if you don't play well w/ Gomez and Drury the entire line sucks. If you don't play well w/ Jagr, at least Jagr has the capabilities to still make things happen by himself.

It really pisses me off that people talk so much crap about a player who almost singlehandedly brought this franchise back to respectibility. Just pathetic by our "fans."

Jagr has done more for this franchise in his 3 years here than any skater on this team has since the lockout. He also was a HUGE factor in the development of our very own Dubinsky.

The guy gets no respect, and its just wrong. But Drury and Gomez who have done NOTHING so far for this franchise get all the respect in the world, and love in the world by some fans like they won cups with us.

by the way the step backwards for this franchise was signing BOTH Drury and Gomez. It definately was not a step forward. Just the same as the dark years. Throw lots of money at players who DO NOT deserve it and hope for the best.

I didn't take away his credibility, talk ***** about him or for that matter make the decision to ditch Nylander and go in another direction in regards to the makeup of this team. So cool down. I know exactly what Jagr has done for this team and I'm Thankful for it but that was then and this is now.

The ACTUAL point I was making was that given the current make up of this team there's a risk of a lack of chemistry if you add Jagr back to the mix. If you wanna A) start a thread about why Jagr should be brought back and Drury and Gomez should be traded or B) Rant away about how they should have signed Nylander back and stayed with a European style that was more efficient in your opinion- then go for it. But don't attack my points because bottom line- THIS team is what they're going foward with and Jagr doesn't fit in as well as others may.

Old
11-21-2008, 07:43 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I didn't take away his credibility, talk ***** about him or for that matter make the decision to ditch Nylander and go in another direction in regards to the makeup of this team. So cool down. I know exactly what Jagr has done for this team and I'm Thankful for it but that was then and this is now.

The ACTUAL point I was making was that given the current make up of this team there's a risk of a lack of chemistry if you add Jagr back to the mix. If you wanna A) start a thread about why Jagr should be brought back and Drury and Gomez should be traded or B) Rant away about how they should have signed Nylander back and stayed with a European style that was more efficient in your opinion- then go for it. But don't attack my points because bottom line- THIS team is what they're going foward with and Jagr doesn't fit in as well as others may.
Jagr doesn't fit w/ this team. your right. But you blamed Jagr for the PP in the past and on this team. That's just ridiculous. and called him public enemy #1. That is talking crap about him.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Dosen't the KHL season end roughly 26-30 games earlier than the NHL season? (assuming no playoffs for omsk is involved)

this has nothing to do with the clearing waivers crap im just wondering.

Last edited by FromTheSide: 11-21-2008 at 08:09 PM.
FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 09:07 PM
jrd303

How is Jagr doing in Omsk this year?

jrd303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

no for 2 reasons, and someone can correct me on this if im wrong

1)he would have to clear waivers, which he certainly wouldnt

2)the omsk season ends after the post season cutoff date, ie, it would be a situation like strudwick had a few years ago, where he comes on at seasons end, but is ineligible for the playoffs

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
JamesG1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Jagr doesn't fit w/ this team. your right. But you blamed Jagr for the PP in the past and on this team. That's just ridiculous. and called him public enemy #1. That is talking crap about him.

Well it's not like I said "oh Jagr ruined the powerplay". I was just stating a fact. People blamed the power play problems on him and said that it was geared too much towards feeding him the puck. They also blame Rozsival's unwillingness to shoot the puck on him. Even back when Nylander was here this was a gripe amongst fans..thats when the "shoot the puck" saga started..

Old
11-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Well it's not like I said "oh Jagr ruined the powerplay". I was just stating a fact. People blamed the power play problems on him and said that it was geared too much towards feeding him the puck. They also blame Rozsival's unwillingness to shoot the puck on him. Even back when Nylander was here this was a gripe amongst fans..thats when the "shoot the puck" saga started..
Who is this "they" you speak of that is blaming Jagr on the power play? If your talking about the fans, which I have to assume you are, than that point is basically irrelevant. Fact of the matter is that I always read everyone on this board talking about how Jagr was a "cancer" and how the power play was his fault, yet I have never heard Renney complain about Jagr. I never heard Gomez, Dubinsky, Staal, Lundqvist or any other player on the team complain about Jagr.

When the New York Times Sports magazine did that big story on Russian sports and interviewed Jagr over in Omsk the reporter even stated that Drury said: “He’s one of the best of all times, and his leaving, that’s not something that goes away easily." That's our beloved captain speaking. Someone show me proof that Jagr was a problem. So many hockey fans allow a player's reputation to determine their opinions for ETERNITY.

Plaxico Burress is a team cancer because the coaching staff has made that clear to us. Pacman Jones is a team cancer for obvious reasons. Stephon Marbury is a team cancer. Renney never benched Jagr and I never read a quote from anyone on the team that was a clear criticism of Jagr. So when people want to say "Oh but he FORCED the power play to run through him", what evidence do you have of that? Because the team consistently CHOSE to pass to the BEST SCORER on the ice?

My response isn't directed completely towards you JamesG1221.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 10:38 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
no for 2 reasons, and someone can correct me on this if im wrong

1)he would have to clear waivers, which he certainly wouldnt

2)the omsk season ends after the post season cutoff date, ie, it would be a situation like strudwick had a few years ago, where he comes on at seasons end, but is ineligible for the playoffs

Why would Jagr have to clear Waviers? He is a FA.
what's the odd rule?

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 10:49 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Waivers? Hes a free agent stateside no?

Ok so I'm not saying they will or should do it, but "could" they do it?
ur forgetting about the thing called the IIHF and their rules

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote