HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators Nov. 22, 2008

Old
11-22-2008, 07:26 PM
freakin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglersfan View Post
and alfie was doing his normal thing!
Nacho eating?

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:27 PM
SilverSeven

Did Ruutu **** the linesman daughter or something? Ive never seen a linesman be so consistently rough with one player.

One time he came flying in at full speed and ****ing tackled him.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:28 PM
DontBooAlfieDuckFans

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
Nacho eating?
Maybe, because if he is.. those nachos are helping him out!

DontBooAlfieDuckFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Bloggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Did Ruutu **** the linesman daughter or something? Ive never seen a linesman be so consistently rough with one player.

One time he came flying in at full speed and ****ing tackled him.
Lol, I noticed the same thing. There was no love for Ruutu from the officials for sure. I also noticed the one official had a hold of his jersey hem steering him away from the Rangers bench on a couple occasions.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Liliaceae
Sens ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakin View Post
Nacho eating?

I forgot which poster had a hissy fit because Alfie was eating nachos...

Liliaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotsPickedMyName View Post
I the funny thing is, Nukes would be in the NHL right now with all our injuries if he just shut up and played.

Instead hes still in the AHL with no points in 9 games.
You are damn right. No patience is not good when you wanna make the NHL. If i was in his place, i would have stayed in the AHL and try to tear it all the best i can, even if i stayed there all season, so then by the end of the year, my future would have looked brighter. I won't miss that kind of guy, this will give other prospects more room and opportunities...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
You are damn right. No patience is not good when you wanna make the NHL. If i was in his place, i would have stayed in the AHL and try to tear it all the best i can, even if i stayed there all season, so then by the end of the year, my future would have looked brighter. I won't miss that kind of guy, this will give other prospects more room and opportunities...
Imagine a Foligno-Zubov-Nikulin line. Instead, O'Brien and Winchester take his spot.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Northern Neighbour

Just got home after heading out with some friends after the game.

This was probably the team's best and most complete effort of the season. They did a great job in all facets of the game. They skated hard, finished their checks, won battles, and forced a ton of turnovers. They finally capitalized on their chances and also got a few breaks.

On individual players, I would like to primarily focus on one player - Jason Spezza. I've been one of his biggest critics, but he played a very good game today. I can only recall one turnover, but otherwise he chipped and chased the puck in, he went to the net, and he won some battles on the boards. Unlike past games, he played big as opposed to playing small and soft. The early goal helped him and seemed to relax him. Great game by Spezza.

Heatley was tremendous again. He played an excellent two-way game, won battles on the boards, and again was more aggressive stickhandling and acting as a playmaker.

Not much more to say about Ruutu than what has been said. He was great.

Jason Smith was very solid today. I know some people think he's overpaid, but he does a great job at blocking pucks, getting into passing and shooting lanes, and clears the front of the net.

Finally, Auld was good. However, he needs to improve his rebound control. He has struggled in this area for the past two weeks.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I started the standing ovation for Wade.

What was with that one ref and Ruutu? He kept tackling him out of nowhere ... and shoved his face into the ice at one point.

Then when he drew the 4 minute penalty, he kept testing the ref, with this huge smirk of his. I guess he was told to get off the ice, so he skated to the board at the Sens bench. Then the ref told him to get off the ice, so he touched the top of the board with his hand. Told him again so Ruu sat on the top of the board.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:27 AM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SilverCup View Post

What was with that one ref and Ruutu? He kept tackling him out of nowhere ... and shoved his face into the ice at one point.

Then when he drew the 4 minute penalty, he kept testing the ref, with this huge smirk of his. I guess he was told to get off the ice, so he skated to the board at the Sens bench. Then the ref told him to get off the ice, so he touched the top of the board with his hand. Told him again so Ruu sat on the top of the board.
Man, that was game was in the game. He really looked like he wanted to be out there and made the most out of his ice time.

obsenssive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:07 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:

I have never seen a ref go at a player like that. I wonder if the Sens complained or if it will be reviewed.

Certinly Rutuu can be infuriating to the opposition, but its not up the ref to atttack him.

pepty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Papa Lazarou*

Quote:
I know, I read about it in the Citizen this morning...

Papa Lazarou* is offline   Reply With Quote