HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NYR, Ottawa

Old
11-23-2008, 12:28 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Gerber View Post
I would definitely do Smith straight up for Girardi, FWIW.
Yeah, and outside of Sens fans and anyone who has a hatred for the Rangers, you're the only person that would.

Seems like a lot of people, but it's really not.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:29 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Yeah, and outside of Sens fans and anyone who has a hatred for the Rangers, you're the only person that would.

Seems like a lot of people, but it's really not.
Haha, so much unwarranted hostility.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Haha, I don't think he saw the other posts, and saw the sarcasm from the beginning.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:05 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
You think that was hostile? I hate to be cliche, but you've got another thing coming.

The OP's proposal is garbage, we all know it. He's not exactly great at proposing trades, and has put up some real head-scratchers lately.

I think a deal around Rozsival for Vermette could work. I'd love to have Kuba, but the price for a guy like him would probably cost the Rangers Sanguinetti or Del Zotto at this point, and for a guy who isn't really better than Rozsival when Rozsival is at his best, that's too much.

I think Rozsival for Vermette is about fair at this point, give or take from either side. Both are not living up to expectations and could use a change of scenery. What sucks about it is that both teams need that kind of player back in return. Ottawa has no offensive depth, and if you take Rozsival out of the Rangers equation, that leaves a big hole in the top-4 on defense. As bad as Rozsival has been, there's no denying that once he shakes this funk, he's a top-4 defender on even a championship team. He's played like it in the past. He just might need a change of scenery, especially if the boo birds at the Garden keep on showing up. Sometimes they can be terrible. Petr Nedved, Tom Poti, Marek Malik... just some of the names that felt the wrath of the Garden Faithful.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote