unfortunatly now Dallas is in danger of losing

Alistar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
I don't care if that didn't go in, Ribeiro is amazing beyond words.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Alistar

vCash: 500
well sometimes the best team doesn't win, that was the case tonight.

Nothing to be ashamed of here, Dallas outplayed Anaheim all night and it came down to the Shootout where the ducks stole the extra point.

it's a step in the right direction atleast...

Old
11-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Caseman

What a surprise. The Stars lose again.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Blues won .... again.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 09:51 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

Who cares about winning, that move! I hope that gets youtubed.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Alistar

and if the Stars played the blues with the effort they used against Anaheim tonight they'd win.

The fact is right now Dallas has to more concerned with playing well then what non-playoff teams are doing in other games. The wins will come if Dallas outplays their opponent like they did tonight.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:56 PM
BigG44

Quote:
well sometimes the best team doesn't win, that was the case tonight.

Nothing to be ashamed of here, Dallas outplayed Anaheim all night and it came down to the Shootout where the ducks stole the extra point.

it's a step in the right direction atleast...
Geez I wish I was smoking what you were. Dallas did not outplay anyone. The Ducks gave them the game on a silver platter and Dallas squandered every single PP opportunity. That was pathetic, again.

This game should have ended in regulation with a Dallas loss except for the fact Turco was able to knock the goal off its moorings and make it look like an accident.

I want the Stars to turn it around, but come on. Don't go reaching when nothing is there.

Old
11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
BigG44

Quote:
and if the Stars played the blues with the effort they used against Anaheim tonight they'd win.

The fact is right now Dallas has to more concerned with playing well then what non-playoff teams are doing in other games. The wins will come if Dallas outplays their opponent like they did tonight.
The Blues out played and beat the Ducks last night. How does that logic make any sense at all.

The Ducks have actually been playing worse than the Stars the last few games.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:02 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

The overall effort was good, yes. That's a positive.

But they had no business winning that game after squandering the 5 on 3 and the no-goal (I hate that rule so much).

Old
11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Alistar

yeah ok, the Stars weren't carrying the play and the Ducks weren't sitting back trying to get to OT. whatever you guys say

when you think about it (I doubt any of you guys did, your too busy cutting your wrists) St. Louis beating Minnesota is a good thing. If the Stars are going to get back into the playoffs Minnesota is one of the teams they might have to over-take...

but yeah your right, we should all find a tall building to jump off of. continue.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
The overall effort was good, yes. That's a positive.

But they had no business winning that game after squandering the 5 on 3 and the no-goal (I hate that rule so much).
I agree, but how pathetic is it that we have to feel good that the team didn't give up on a game and actually played well enough to not be embarrassed.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:12 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
but yeah your right, we should all find a tall building to jump off of. continue.
Hey, I feel great about the game. It was entertaining and no one got hurt. What more could we ask for?

Janik only got 7:57 of ice time. Zubov and Daley really soaked up the balance.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:15 PM
BigG44

Quote:
yeah ok, the Stars weren't carrying the play and the Ducks weren't sitting back trying to get to OT. whatever you guys say

when you think about it (I doubt any of you guys did, your too busy cutting your wrists) St. Louis beating Minnesota is a good thing. If the Stars are going to get back into the playoffs Minnesota is one of the teams they might have to over-take...

No we should just pretend that losing to another bad team is a step in the right direction.

The ability to avoid getting blown out shouldn't be celebrated. Blown PP's and soft goals aren't a step in the right direction.

If you want the team to make the playoffs, which I do, playing like they did isn’t going to cut it. All they did was not get embarrassed. If you want them to give up on the season, you should be happy with that effort.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
No we should just pretend that losing to another bad team is a step in the right direction.

The ability to avoid getting blown out shouldn't be celebrated. Blown PP's and soft goals aren't a step in the right direction.

If you want the team to make the playoffs, which I do, playing like they did isnít going to cut it. All they did was not get embarrassed. If you want them to give up on the season, you should be happy with that effort.
yeah it's too bad they couldn't get any really good chances from their PP oppurtunities but atleast they were working hard enough to draw them. this was pretty much the first 60 minute effort the Stars have had this season, you have to atleast concede that it was positive the team responded in the way that they did with Morrow out of the lineup. Personally I feel that if they keep on working hard that eventually the talent will shine through in the end - and make no mistake, even without Morrow in the lineup the Stars are a talented team.

then again this team could go completly the opposite direction next game, but I have a feeling that tonight was the start of a positive stretch of games for the Dallas Stars.

Remember that the huge winning streak after Armstrong got fired started after a tough shootout loss on home ice to San Jose, maybe this could be the 1st game on the road back from the bottom of the league

Old
11-22-2008, 10:32 PM
BigG44

Quote:
yeah it's too bad they couldn't get any really good chances from their PP oppurtunities but atleast they were working hard enough to draw them. this was pretty much the first 60 minute effort the Stars have had this season, you have to atleast concede that it was positive the team responded in the way that they did with Morrow out of the lineup. Personally I feel that if they keep on working hard that eventually the talent will shine through in the end - and make no mistake, even without Morrow in the lineup the Stars are a talented team.

then again this team could go completly the opposite direction next game, but I have a feeling that tonight was the start of a positive stretch of games for the Dallas Stars.

Remember that the huge winning streak after Armstrong got fired started after a tough shootout loss on home ice to San Jose, maybe this could be the 1st game on the road back from the bottom of the league

My tone may be a bit negative, and yeah it's great that they didn't fall part.

I'm just not going to be satisfied by that play. They are better than that at least that is what I still believe. It's not like they ran into a hot team. The Ducks played last night, they looked exhausted in the 3rd, and they have been in a terrible rut.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:47 PM
BigG44

I thought of another positive.

Daley was really great tonight. The only thing he didn't do was play on the PP, but I mean come on, Sydor earned that time ..... right.

Seriously though, it would be nice to just see Tippett let Robidas and Daley stick together on the 2nd PP unit like at ES and on the PK.

Damn, if Daley started contributing some offense on the PP that would be insane. They gave him a bigger contract because of his potential. Why not give him the best opportunity to earn it?

Old
11-23-2008, 02:39 AM
selanneIShockey

Hey guys. As you can see I'm a ducks fan (but don't worry I come in peace, I swear). I don't usually post on other teams' boards (this is actually the first time - and I certainly never thought it would be on Dallas' board first) but I HAD to come on here for this. Good god that shootout move by Ribeiro was simply amazing. As a ducks fan I was glad to see he missed, but that move was so nifty, even I felt a little cheated that it didn't go in.

Anyway, I just wanted to come on here and say that even though I can't stand the stars (you guys beat us too much ) even I can appreciate genius like that. Good luck to you guys the rest of this season and hopefully both our teams can start turning things around.

selanneIShockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Palk

It's time to think about the coach staff...
Well....the luck we have we lose the lotery draft to pick the #1

Palk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:39 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

Quote:
Originally Posted by selanneIShockey View Post
Hey guys. As you can see I'm a ducks fan (but don't worry I come in peace, I swear). I don't usually post on other teams' boards (this is actually the first time - and I certainly never thought it would be on Dallas' board first) but I HAD to come on here for this. Good god that shootout move by Ribeiro was simply amazing. As a ducks fan I was glad to see he missed, but that move was so nifty, even I felt a little cheated that it didn't go in.

Anyway, I just wanted to come on here and say that even though I can't stand the stars (you guys beat us too much ) even I can appreciate genius like that. Good luck to you guys the rest of this season and hopefully both our teams can start turning things around.
Cheers.

By the way, it's not fair to play Hiller. The Stars rely on Giguere's mental block.

Old
11-23-2008, 06:14 PM
selanneIShockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Cheers.

By the way, it's not fair to play Hiller. The Stars rely on Giguere's mental block.
lol yea I'm pretty sure you guys might start seeing more of Hiller now.

selanneIShockey is offline   Reply With Quote