HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#23): 11/22/2008 New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators 3pm MSG (HD)

Old
11-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Onion Boy

vCash: 500
Ruutu kicked our ass today. Directly involved in 3 of the Sens 4 goals. Also had alot of our players caught in his mental game.

Auld was a rebound machine tonight. So many chances to put pucks into wide open nets. Seems like we've had alot of those chances the past two games. Dawes and Drury stick out as guys who haven't been potting those.

Onion Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
For all you Rangers fans complaining about Ruutu, he's the exact kind of player that Avery is, and you loved him here. Quite hypocritical, don't you think?
I wouldn't say "exact", but similar though. Avery can actually back his **** talking up though.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:39 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

great bounce back game

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
For all you Rangers fans complaining about Ruutu, he's the exact kind of player that Avery is, and you loved him here. Quite hypocritical, don't you think?
nope, not at all. Sure they piss off the opponent, but Avery actually drops the gloves, while Ruutu hides behind his vagina.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
when orr no longer fights, he serves no purpose. we have any number of forwards in hartford who can do what orr does nightly, only better.

unless hes punching faces, orr is worthless. period.
Um, isn't that true for most enforcers? You're not going to have amazing players in every position on every line.

Old
11-22-2008, 04:41 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
I'll say it again, Orr is our ENFORCER. Avery WAS our AGITATOR. Those are two different roles. We don't have anyone to respond to Ruutu's antics. Ruutu won't fight Orr, it's a clear mismatch. Supposedly, Voros was supposed to "replace" Avery, but hasn't done squat in a while, let alone agitate.
I partially agree. But on the other hand an enforcer does nothing positive for the team by taking 6 penalty minutes unanswered. He needs to hit someone (make a physical impact) and prove himself worthy of his ice time. I do not see him doing this all too often. Today he was not alone. 3rd period showed glimpses of real hocket, 1 + 2 were atrocious
Ruutu got the 3 stars. I agree.
We got no agitator. We got an enforcer that is not making an impact. We got a plethora of problems worse than this.
I think sideboards for 2 hours at an extra practice should be practicised

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I partially agree. But on the other hand an enforcer does nothing positive for the team by taking 6 penalty minutes unanswered. He needs to hit someone (make a physical impact) and prove himself worthy of his ice time. I do not see him doing this all too often. Today he was not alone. 3rd period showed glimpses of real hocket, 1 + 2 were atrocious
Ruutu got the 3 stars. I agree.
We got no agitator. We got an enforcer that is not making an impact. We got a plethora of problems worse than this.
I think sideboards for 2 hours at an extra practice should be practicised
If Orr doesn't have anyone to fight, the most he can do is hit a few people, which he does. Overall, Colton Orr isn't the problem on this team. In fact, he isn't even part of the problem.

Old
11-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Complete waste of a Saturday afternoon, kinda reminds me of the trip I made to North Carolina to watch Seton Hall in the Big Dance, the team did not show up at all.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:47 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Um, isn't that true for most enforcers? You're not going to have amazing players in every position on every line.
orr is a borderline nhl player. he may be the worst skater in the league. his hands are dreadful. he is in every way a marginal talent.

this loss is not on colton. however, it seems to me hes too busy trying to be a real hockey player (that comes from renneys manlove of him btw) and hes forgotten his real role on this team. you see when hes in the box for fighting, hes not hurting us on the ice, when he doesnt fight, he takes a regular shift.

hes but one of many issues this team has right now. i would play him only occasionally.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:48 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
I'll say it again, Orr is our ENFORCER. Avery WAS our AGITATOR. Those are two different roles. We don't have anyone to respond to Ruutu's antics. Ruutu won't fight Orr, it's a clear mismatch. Supposedly, Voros was supposed to "replace" Avery, but hasn't done squat in a while, let alone agitate.
Who's this Voros you speak of?

This wasn't the fault of the refs by any stretch, but are they even allowed to call goalie interference in our favor?

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:50 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
If Orr doesn't have anyone to fight, the most he can do is hit a few people, which he does. Overall, Colton Orr isn't the problem on this team. In fact, he isn't even part of the problem.
Lets just agree that we disagree on the subject specifically regarding Orr

On the other hand - I totally agree there are much bigger problems on the team at this moment
I think the main thing is that the team has picked up a plethora of points early on while playing inconsistent hockey at the best. This is very much attributed to great goaltending. But the other problems need to be adressed or it will turn out to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng and very frustrating season for us Ranger fans
Peace

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Melrose_Jr.

This is NOT an Avery thread.

Worst game of the year by the Rangers, hands down. Everyone looked lost. There were literally times where players didn't know what to do with the puck and just stood there. Totally unprepared and playing right into Ruutu's mind games was just the icing on the cake.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
orr is a borderline nhl player. he may be the worst skater in the league. his hands are dreadful. he is in every way a marginal talent.

this loss is not on colton. however, it seems to me hes too busy trying to be a real hockey player (that comes from renneys manlove of him btw) and hes forgotten his real role on this team. you see when hes in the box for fighting, hes not hurting us on the ice, when he doesnt fight, he takes a regular shift.

hes but one of many issues this team has right now. i would play him only occasionally.
You know what, I'd agree with that. With the team struggling as much as it is right now, Orr only needs to be on the ice when he's going to beat down on someone. Otherwise, this team has too many problems to screw around with guys who can't even come close to scoring.

Old
11-22-2008, 04:51 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
nope, not at all. Sure they piss off the opponent, but Avery actually drops the gloves, while Ruutu hides behind his vagina.
Avery had 6 fights last year.
Ruutu had 5.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
This is NOT an Avery thread.

Worst game of the year by the Rangers, hands down. Everyone looked lost. There were literally times where players didn't know what to do with the puck and just stood there. Totally unprepared and playing right into Ruutu's mind games was just the icing on the cake.
Not trying to turn it into one.

The point I'm trying to make is that we don't have an agitator anymore to respond to the likes of Ruutu. Voros was thought of by some to be an agitator, but isn't even close to one. Sean Avery WAS our agitator, and now we don't have one. We don't have anyone that can give this team some ENERGY. Everyone just skates around like they just dumped in their pants and have never shot a puck before in their lives.

Old
11-22-2008, 04:54 PM
DutchShamrock

Why are you guys discussing Orr? He is playing fine. The game was out of reach so he tried to settle a score with a *******. If the Rangers talk about Orr and Mara they will never figure out the true issues with this team. There's no offense. The defense is gone.

Here's Renney talking about Mara and Rutuu, and the lack of PK. The PK is fine, maybe it didn't help you tonight but it has been money all season. Don't even think about the pk, think about the offense, please. How about the powerplay? There is a big picture that is being formed here and Colton Orr, Paul Mara, penalties, the pk, they are not a part of the 'bad' with this team... there is no sense in focusing on something that cost you one game. Focus on the issues that are plaguing your team. It's just a way of deflecting atention from the things the staff can't fix.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Nubbin

Let's face it. We are not a good team this year. We aren't going to get any better. Maybe worse. Sather made all the wrong moves this summer and it's going to cost us. We have a stretch of luck in the beginning. We are losing by large margins now. 9 goals in the last 2 games given up. We can't score. We look like we don't even want to play until the third period. This season is over for me.

Nubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:55 PM
egelband

i'm the first to jump on the refs but in todays case - despite a horrible missed call - the reffing wasn't the problem. the real problem, in my eyes, is that the rangers are too lazy in the neutral zone on the rush. only toward the end of the game did they finally start skating through sticks and arms. and that wasn't until zherdev did it and they scored. that power rush showed the rest of the team what to do. then there was some pressure on the sens. that last goal by foligno was a fluke and really broke the rangers back.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Chimp

I have a hard time picking between which game was the worst, this one or the Vancouver game. I still think the Vancouver game was worse though, but it's a close call.

Where is the ******* hustling we saw in the beginning of the season? We broke up plays and carried it right back at them. I've seen none of that for a long, long time now.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Jeepers Creeper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cwecY_xWtY

Oh really?

Jeepers Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Not trying to turn it into one.

The point I'm trying to make is that we don't have an agitator anymore to respond to the likes of Ruutu. Voros was thought of by some to be an agitator, but isn't even close to one. Sean Avery WAS our agitator, and now we don't have one. We don't have anyone that can give this team some ENERGY. Everyone just skates around like they just dumped in their pants and have never shot a puck before in their lives.
Agitators don't respond to agitators. They're weak players with big mouths and no action to back them up. They target people who would never respond in an effort to throw the opponent of it's games if it's stupid enough to allow them to.

If the Ranger showed up at all, Ruutu's clown act wouldn't have been game deciding a factor.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 04:58 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Clearly, Renney is not at fault here.

CLEARLY!

This is ALL the players!

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 05:01 PM
mattyd99

Worst game of the year, worst game I've seen in a long time. Renney needs to switch the lines up and these guys need to play with some hustle. It's amazing how different this team has played since the first 5 games of the year.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Bold prediction right here: this team will not make the playoffs. They don't have enough scoring to keep up, and if Lundqvist doesn't play lights out it's a loss. The power play is inept, and the penalty killing along with Lundqvist keeps us in games, other than that we cannot win every game 2-1.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 05:03 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Bold prediction right here: this team will not make the playoffs. They don't have enough scoring to keep up, and if Lundqvist doesn't play lights out it's a loss. The power play is inept, and the penalty killing along with Lundqvist keeps us in games, other than that we cannot win every game 2-1.
at this point it might be better if we don't make the playoffs. The team needs a overhaul, staff (not renney), and players.

something needs to happen, but I really don't know what.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote