HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Tavares Review Nov 21 08

Old
11-22-2008, 08:08 AM
devilinto

vCash: 500
John Tavares Review Nov 21 08

Well i was able to catch the Oshaswa Generals vs the St micheals majors last night. John taveres was in the line up depite playing the night before for Team canada vs russia.

There was a buzz going around at the Hershey Center cause of this kid. Everyone is wanting to get a peak at this kid before he hits the big time.

First lets start of with his frame. He is 6 feet tall and perhaps could still grow afew more inches. He wears number 91 and is captain of the Generals.

In the first period he looked tired. Had very few chances with the puck and looked like just one of the guys.

In the second period he really picked it up. During the first intermission me and some friends were talking about how he was not that good a skater. Well In the second he showed amazing skating power. He was just blowing by D with his Long range and crazy bursts of speed.

He has amazing HANDS and great strength. He is able to fend of 2 d men with ease.

Late in the third he flew almost across the whole ice while deaking out afew mississauga major players.

He also got to take a shot in the shoot out but Anderson, the goalie for the majors made a great glove save.

Overall i must say i am very impressed with this kid. GREAT HANDS. GOOD SKATER. What impressed me most was his ability turn on a second gear. You would think he was not going to make it and then he will just blow by the guy.

I am not quite sure if this kid will be the NEXT GREAT one but it is safe to say this guy will be a 70-80 point guy with ease.

He reminds me alot of a young JASON SPEZZA

I really hope the kings dont end up in last place and picking first at next years draft , BUT THIS KID IS FOR REAL

Imgaine having Kopitar Taveres and Stoll as our top 3 centers with Boyle fighting for a spot.

Have not seen Victor hedman live but he will have his hands fulll trying to jump over TAVERES.

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 08:23 AM
123slam

Sorry buddy. We're not finishing anywhere near the bottom this year.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:12 AM
devilinto

Hey i hope we dont as well. But we all know its a long season.

GO KINGS GO

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFANINTO View Post
Have not seen Victor Hedman live but he will have his hands full trying to jump over Tavares.
He won't have to jump him because he's already listed ahead of him.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:18 PM
LA Kings Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
I think someone is speaking to confidently about a team that, if it losses just one player due to injury, will once again be in the hunt for Tavares/Hedman. Take "Iceberg" out of the equation, and place "pillows" in front of the net and we will, without a DOUGHT, be a legitimate contender for last place.

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
UNLESS we can make a trade with Atlanta/Tampa/Toronto which swaps first round picks...at our option...

King RAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote