HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues - Pens

Old
11-22-2008, 10:06 PM
sgupca

vCash: 500
hahaha, thats halirous, we have some guys on our (leafs) board that propose bad offers. But that one tops the cake.

NO way the Pens do that

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL

Letang for perron even up?

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:37 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
i think to get staal you'll need to start with brad boyes,
Start with Boyes? HA! Trading our best goal scorer who is on a very friendly contract for a player that may not end up being our #1 center and we have to add to it? Staal plays a great game don't get me wrong but a few years from now I have serious doubts about him being better than Berglund. He would be closer to Oshie's level so there would be no pressing need for a trade for him much less at the expense of Boyes. That's not even counting other prospects like Eller or McRae or upcomming picks(with our injury problems this year we could end up with Tavares)

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post
Letang for perron even up?
Oh for crying out loud.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Oh for crying out loud.
Maybe you should look him up before you start to

Perron is #1 on there depth chart or do you feel we are not giving enough?

I think thats a fair deal.

Old
11-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Maybe you should look him up before you start to

Perron is #1 on there depth chart or do you feel we are not giving enough?

I think thats a fair deal.
Trading a very good young all-around defenseman for a very good young pass-first forward doesn't even anything up here. The initial trade is horrible, and Perron for Letang would be, at best, an even swap for Pittsburgh (and I doubt many posters would even agree to that - I wouldn't).

Old
11-23-2008, 12:30 AM
camarodude39

Quote:
Trading a very good young all-around defenseman for a very good young pass-first forward doesn't even anything up here. The initial trade is horrible, and Perron for Letang would be, at best, an even swap for Pittsburgh (and I doubt many posters would even agree to that - I wouldn't).
Pass first? Have you ever watched Perron play or are you simply judging by his stats for this season? He is anything but a pass'first player. He is a playmaker. His stick handling is incredible. He is a guy that was labeled as a boom-or-bust player on draft day that has huge offensive upside if he realizes his potential. So far, he has looked very good in his first year+.

That being said, the Blues prob. wouldn't move Perron for a defensemen because we have a lot of depth with EJ, Petro, Polak and Cole as young guys to go with Brewer and Jackman. A top line center is prob the biggest need since McDonald is an UFA after the season and Berglund may not be ready for top line mins. by next season.

camarodude39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL

Quote:
Do you think he may have to be . Kariya is out due to injury and McDonald is the only center on the team with passing worth talking about.

I look at it as a win, win for both teams. pens get the guy with the righty shot at 20 y/o to grow with Malkin or Crosby. Blues get a young piece for the youth coming soon.
the blues should start to tank some more for a shot at Taveras. They should be selling..Probably see Tkachuk and McDonald gone before the dead line or at it.

Old
11-23-2008, 01:20 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
But Tkachuk's a playoff warrior! Remember that one time he was on a team that made it past the second round?
Yeah we need a guy like him around, he'd help Geno put on some more weight.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL

Quote:
Plus cap wise it makes all the more sense for pens.

Old
11-23-2008, 02:01 AM
trublu16

Quote:
Do you think he may have to be . Kariya is out due to injury and McDonald is the only center on the team with passing worth talking about.

I look at it as a win, win for both teams. pens get the guy with the righty shot at 20 y/o to grow with Malkin or Crosby. Blues get a young piece for the youth coming soon.
the blues should start to tank some more for a shot at Taveras. They should be selling..Probably see Tkachuk and McDonald gone before the dead line or at it.
And with that statement...You should be shot. Anyone who has actually watched a Blues game this season, with or without any hockey credibility. Understands that Berglund is a top passer and will be a top 10 centerman for years to come.

And before anyone in Pittsburgh or a fan of Pittsburgh, actually brags about what they have. Remember one thing. Without Hossa, you are a 1 line power team with scraps. Now the Blues are and will be the next team on the rise, be it 1/2/3 line offensive lines.

Why in the hell would we give up a talent like Perron??

Ohh wait a second, let me act like pittsburgh fan and ask for the world for my top guy. And when I get a massive overpayment, let me ask for more!!!

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:10 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16 View Post
And with that statement...You should be shot. Anyone who has actually watched a Blues game this season, with or without any hockey credibility. Understands that Berglund is a top passer and will be a top 10 centerman for years to come.

And before anyone in Pittsburgh or a fan of Pittsburgh, actually brags about what they have. Remember one thing. Without Hossa, you are a 1 line power team with scraps. Now the Blues are and will be the next team on the rise, be it 1/2/3 line offensive lines.

Ohh wait a second, let me act like pittsburgh fan and ask for the world for my top guy. And when I get a massive overpayment, let me ask for more!!!
1st year and you are already confident he is going to be top 10 for playmakers? Then you go on to insult us Pens fans. Interesting...that last comment, lol...pass me some of that special kool-aid kiddo.

RIGHT NOW McDonald is one of their best playmakers (too bad he was hurt), he has more assists than Berglund has points. Maybe in a year or two if he can actually be in the top 15 for points, the top 10 comment might be warranted but right now to make such a bold statement such as that, yikes.

To be top 10...you have to crack the crop that features these guys...

Crosby
Thornton
Savard
Malkin
Datsyuk
Spezza
Getzlaf
Gomez
Zetterberg

And for the 10th (the others weren't even order) you can put guys like Ribeiro, Lecavalier, St.Louis, Backstrom...

Not saying Berglund can't, but in the limited amount of time you have seen him, you are predicting him to be up there with those names. That's some magical crystal ball.

Last edited by vcx*: 11-23-2008 at 02:16 AM.
vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:

Lol a 1 line team? we sort of have these two centers who on there own are more dangerous than any lines the Blues can throw together.

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:35 AM
Ugene Malkin
ON THE WAGON TRAIL

Quote:

Listen right now it is not showing, and im sure he will be sooner or later, but the facts right now show him to be a balanced player. While the wings are getting most of the assists. Im not saying he wont or that he cant pass at all, but right now actions speak louder than words. Its not like I was offering scraps for him.

REASON FOR GIVING UP PERRON? TAVERAS
The more you tank now the better the chance for him. Blues should be sellers.

Like i said get rid of McDonald and Tkachuk and start tanking 15 to 20 wins should land best shot.

Old
11-23-2008, 02:38 AM
Get To Our Game

Quote:

¿¿De veras??

Get To Our Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 03:29 AM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Listen right now it is not showing, and im sure he will be sooner or later, but the facts right now show him to be a balanced player. While the wings are getting most of the assists. Im not saying he wont or that he cant pass at all, but right now actions speak louder than words. Its not like I was offering scraps for him.

The more you tank now the better the chance for him. Blues should be sellers.

Like i said get rid of McDonald and Tkachuk and start tanking 15 to 20 wins should land best shot.

Please quit commenting on a team you have absolutely zero clue about. You clearly stated his passing wasn't anything worth talking about when we have seen first hand that he can pass extremely well. God forbid he nets one himself because he's incredibly strong on the puck and good in front of the net. Second of all, the Blues problems stem from two things this year(injuries) and lack of a transition game. If we traded Perron for Letang we would be a better team, if we ever quit getting stupid injuries. That would completely negate the point of trading Perron to tank for Tavares now wouldn't it? Also, with EJ and Pietrangelo there is zero reason to get another potential high dollar d-man until we know whats going to happen with those two. Finally John Davidson has stated multiple times that the kids are hands off. Managment is going to play this out and see where these kids go with it for another year or two before anything is done.

Tkachuk has a NTC so he would have to waive it if he wants another shot at the playoffs then we'll let him go. He just may want to stick it out and retire after this year. In all reality we need McDonald for at least another year. Now no one knows whether he wants to re-sign or not so he could go or stay. Karyia has one year left at 6m and has a NMC. Moving vets to "tank" is very situational because it assumes theres even an offer for them in the first place. Injuries are doing well enough at tanking for us so far this year. The franchise does not need Tavares to turn the corner, would he help? Absolutely. Then again he could bust as well nothing is a guarantee. The only thing the Blues need is time and NHL experience to see what the kids can do. While the standings may not show it currently we are not that far removed from being able to contend from a playoff spot, and if EJ hadn't went down for the year it would have been much closer.

So please spout off some more rediculous proposals when you have no clue on the situation of the team.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude39 View Post
Pass first? Have you ever watched Perron play or are you simply judging by his stats for this season? He is anything but a pass'first player. He is a playmaker. His stick handling is incredible. He is a guy that was labeled as a boom-or-bust player on draft day that has huge offensive upside if he realizes his potential. So far, he has looked very good in his first year+.

That being said, the Blues prob. wouldn't move Perron for a defensemen because we have a lot of depth with EJ, Petro, Polak and Cole as young guys to go with Brewer and Jackman. A top line center is prob the biggest need since McDonald is an UFA after the season and Berglund may not be ready for top line mins. by next season.
So you're shocked and offended that I would label a player as "pass first", then you go on a rant about how he's a playmaker?

K.

The reason I wouldn't want Perron for Letang is because we need an all-around blueliner like Letang, and considering we already have a fantastic puck-distributor on each of our scoring lines, what we're lacking is a triggerman. It's the same reason we'd have no need for Hemsky, good as he is.

Quote:
Plus cap wise it makes all the more sense for pens.
Perron's a higher cap hit than Letang for the next 2 seasons.

Quote:
Haha, what? The Pens have arguably the best 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line centers in the league.

Last edited by Rowdy Roddy Peeper: 11-23-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old
11-23-2008, 09:49 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude39 View Post
He is anything but a pass'first player. He is a playmaker.

Is that like a double negative?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote