HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

top 6 Winger or 3rd line C?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2008, 11:43 PM
  #26
czechmate25
Registered User
 
czechmate25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
In my dream world.....

I'd trade Drury or Gomez for Hemsky....then the other for Stastny.

Next, I'd trade Rozy and Redden and include draft picks to acquire Tomas Kaberle and Mike Green.

Lastly, Prucha would be dressed and in the lineup playing with Stastny and Naslund while Dubinsky would be centering Hemsky and Zherdev.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:35 AM
  #27
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother
 
Hollywood Hulk Hogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
It's obvious we need a top 6 winger but there are many hurdles to acquiring one at this exact moment. One, the players' salaries are still too high to fit in with a trade unless one of our expensive contracts goes the other way. Two, it's too early for many teams to go into buy/sell mode yet so they won't trade their talent away just yet; more towards the deadline. Three, considering points one and two, a perfect trade comes along at this time of year once in a blue moon aka the Joe Thornton deal a few years back at this exact time. Unfortunately the Rangers' lack of offense is like a hurricane, we just gotta ride it out for the mean time. Unless Mr. Sundin gives the Rangers an early Christmas gift.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:57 AM
  #28
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I know I have been in bed with a fever for the past 6 days and I am definitely now totally going out of my mind
Was this just a raving delerium I experienced (call it an Icelandic pipe dream) or did this really go down?


Mats Sundin just signed with NYR for 5.000.000 for a 1 year deal
Sather traded B Sanguinetti, a 2nd in 2009 (NYRs - not the ev compensation pick) and N Dawes to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan
Sather traded M Rozsival to Phoenix for Kurt Sauer + Joel Gistedt + a 3rd round pick 2009
P Prucha was dealt to LA for a 3rd round pick
P Rissmiller sent to Nashville for future considerations (he & Jessiman together were combined to acquire the rights to A Radulov) or was he just stuck in Hartford?
One of Fahey/Potter was called up

Cap implications
Subtract
Rissmiller -1.000.000
Prucha -1.600.000
Rozsival -5.000.000
Dawes -565.000
Total relief = 8.165.000

Add
Sundin 5.000.000
B Ryan – 850.000
Sauer 1.750.000
Fahey/Potter – max 542.500
Addition = 8.142.000

Our team is now

Drury – Gomez – Ryan The All-Americans
Näslund - Sundin – Sjöström The ABBA line
Voros – Dubinsky – Zherdev The playstation line
Callahan – Betts – Fritsche/Korpedo The pinball wizard line

Orr (dresses against the right teams pre-playoffs)

Redden – Staal
Girardi – Sauer
Kalinin - Mara

Hank
Vally

Everybody now playin on a line where they can excel. Top 3 lines are interchangeable so to speak.
We also now have a nice goalie prospect in J Gistedt in Hartford, 2 exciting new picks on the “upper half” for 2009 (we lost a 2nd rounder though), the rights to Radulov and no Roszival left to boo at? WoW

Wake me up guys & gals!!!! It can´t be true...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:06 AM
  #29
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
I dont know if its feasible for the Rangers to move for a winger. Id like to see them move a Roszi-Prucha package..but I dont really know who we have that can step in to that D role.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
  #30
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
I dont know if its feasible for the Rangers to move for a winger. Id like to see them move a Roszi-Prucha package..but I dont really know who we have that can step in to that D role.
If they deal Rozi then a Dman will come back in any deal

I think they are willing to deal Rozi,Dawes for the right package.....obviously Prucha, Rissmiller, Fritsche can be had too in any deal

The real ballsy move would be to sign Sundin and then move Gomez for a winger to play with Sundin/guy who makes less obviously to fit the cap

Something will go down I just don't know if it will be at the deadline or not......but I think that is likely cause they are good enough to get in with this team

Does Sundin have to sign at a given point?........did they not change the rule so they can't wait till the end of the yr?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:37 PM
  #31
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,076
vCash: 500
SO Anyone have any names of players likely available at the deadline that fit the Ranger needs?

Is Handzus from LA just a C...........players like that may make sense even if they are struggling with their current teams

Gomez needs a winger ASAP

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:46 PM
  #32
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,076
vCash: 500
How about a Rozi, Dawes type package Centred around a Dmen and forwards like this:

Kozlov(Atl), Dumont(Nsh),Antropov(TO),Modin (CLB),Svatos(Col),Penner (Edm),Zednik(FLA),

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
  #33
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,047
vCash: 500
We have a third line center (when Gomez gets back), his name is Chris Drury (Most expensive 3rd line center in the game).

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
  #34
AXN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
If only Prucha can regain his scoring.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
  #35
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Fire Sather---->Hire Burke---->Trade Zheredev+Rozival for a PP quarterback elite player ----->Give Dubi +korpikoski+Callahan more ice time = more fore checking and hits and rushed plays and turnovers from skittish opposing team blueliners---->which should make us a tougher team to defend against and enable us to draw more PP opportunities which should lead to more goals when the new power play quarter back arrives via the trade route .

Imagine this team if they scored one goal a game more with a PP that clicks at 20-25 % success rate . It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the Ranger woes .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 06:19 PM
  #36
Thefalkon
Registered User
 
Thefalkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
I dont know if its feasible for the Rangers to move for a winger. Id like to see them move a Roszi-Prucha package..but I dont really know who we have that can step in to that D role.
We don't, that is the problem.

Quote:
Kozlov(Atl), Dumont(Nsh),Antropov(TO),Modin (CLB),Svatos(Col),Penner (Edm),Zednik(FLA),
Dumont is an assistant captain of Nashville, Svatos is another 2nd line winger, we would be giving up too much for Kozlov who wouldn't resign with us next year, same for Antropov, and I can't really see the other 3 anything other than what Svatos would be to us.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 08:49 PM
  #37
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother
 
Hollywood Hulk Hogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
How about a Rozi, Dawes type package Centred around a Dmen and forwards like this:

Kozlov(Atl), Dumont(Nsh),Antropov(TO),Modin (CLB),Svatos(Col),Penner (Edm),Zednik(FLA),
Kozlov would be a nice welcome, Dumont depends on where Nashville sits in the standings, Antropov would cost a pretty penny, Modin is always hurt, Svatos is Prucha version 2.0, Penner makes too much, Zednik doesn't supply enough offense. The problem right now is teams are not going to trade as frequently now than compared to the deadline because they are still playing the season out.

I'm gonna make a list of players who I'd choose and could be available by or at the deadline:

Atlanta: Kozlov, 17 points already on a bad team

Carolina: Ray Whitney, maybe they're out and they try and move him to get younger with another year left on his contract

Colorado: Hejduk, if Colorado is a seller

Columbus: Raffi Torres, he's hurt(out for the year?), but maybe he's available at the right price.(void if done for year). Modin some one mentioned, but he's always hurt.

Dallas: Avery, just for fun hey we've seen crazier things happen. Mark Parrish, Zubov could be available he's UFA at season's end.

Edmonton: Moreau, Penner makes too much but is in the dog house.

Florida: Stillman

Los Angeles: O'Sullivan

Minnesota: Gaborik, come on you knew he'd be on this list

Nashville: Dumont, Erat but I highly doubt they move their top players but then again see Philly.

St. Louis: A mod mentioned Tkachuk, he'd be a good rental I just don't know about his locker room antics.

Tampa Bay: Recchi, has 13 points in 19 games. Roberts

Toronto: Antropov, UFA end of year but would cost you,

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:29 AM
  #38
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Fire Sather---->Hire Burke---->Trade Zheredev+Rozival for a PP quarterback elite player ----->Give Dubi +korpikoski+Callahan more ice time = more fore checking and hits and rushed plays and turnovers from skittish opposing team blueliners---->which should make us a tougher team to defend against and enable us to draw more PP opportunities which should lead to more goals when the new power play quarter back arrives via the trade route .

Imagine this team if they scored one goal a game more with a PP that clicks at 20-25 % success rate . It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the Ranger woes .
No Burke please, he is like a crazed kid in a candy store on a sugar rush, one thing about Sather is that he is low profile & keeps away from the controversy, which is exactly what the Garden & the Dolans need right now after the Knick Debacle.

Sather although not really by his own doing took a longer rougher road, has bought the Rangers back to respectablity. He will keep the job as long as he want's to have it.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 12:32 AM
  #39
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Kozlov would be a nice welcome, Dumont depends on where Nashville sits in the standings, Antropov would cost a pretty penny, Modin is always hurt, Svatos is Prucha version 2.0, Penner makes too much, Zednik doesn't supply enough offense. The problem right now is teams are not going to trade as frequently now than compared to the deadline because they are still playing the season out.

I'm gonna make a list of players who I'd choose and could be available by or at the deadline:

Atlanta: Kozlov, 17 points already on a bad team

Carolina: Ray Whitney, maybe they're out and they try and move him to get younger with another year left on his contract

Colorado: Hejduk, if Colorado is a seller

Columbus: Raffi Torres, he's hurt(out for the year?), but maybe he's available at the right price.(void if done for year). Modin some one mentioned, but he's always hurt.

Dallas: Avery, just for fun hey we've seen crazier things happen. Mark Parrish, Zubov could be available he's UFA at season's end.

Edmonton: Moreau, Penner makes too much but is in the dog house.

Florida: Stillman

Los Angeles: O'Sullivan

Minnesota: Gaborik, come on you knew he'd be on this list

Nashville: Dumont, Erat but I highly doubt they move their top players but then again see Philly.

St. Louis: A mod mentioned Tkachuk, he'd be a good rental I just don't know about his locker room antics.

Tampa Bay: Recchi, has 13 points in 19 games. Roberts

Toronto: Antropov, UFA end of year but would cost you,
In thr order I would like to have them

Kozlov
Tkachuk
Stillman
Heduk
Antropov*

I listed Antropov as the last choice, but with an asterik because he would be the most expensive though I have really coveted this guy for a long long time.

Reechi gets an honorable mention just because @ this time last year he was out of Hockey & his career was just about over & he made a tremndous comeback.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 08:59 AM
  #40
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
We have a third line center (when Gomez gets back), his name is Chris Drury (Most expensive 3rd line center in the game).
Considering he's out played Dubinsky by a considerable margin over the last 10 games, you might want to reconsider that statement.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:21 AM
  #41
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Considering he's out played Dubinsky by a considerable margin over the last 10 games, you might want to reconsider that statement.

For $7.05m he ****ing better be

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:50 AM
  #42
pzilla3
Registered User
 
pzilla3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I know I have been in bed with a fever for the past 6 days and I am definitely now totally going out of my mind
Was this just a raving delerium I experienced (call it an Icelandic pipe dream) or did this really go down?


Mats Sundin just signed with NYR for 5.000.000 for a 1 year deal
Sather traded B Sanguinetti, a 2nd in 2009 (NYRs - not the ev compensation pick) and N Dawes to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan
Sather traded M Rozsival to Phoenix for Kurt Sauer + Joel Gistedt + a 3rd round pick 2009
P Prucha was dealt to LA for a 3rd round pick
P Rissmiller sent to Nashville for future considerations (he & Jessiman together were combined to acquire the rights to A Radulov) or was he just stuck in Hartford?
One of Fahey/Potter was called up

Cap implications
Subtract
Rissmiller -1.000.000
Prucha -1.600.000
Rozsival -5.000.000
Dawes -565.000
Total relief = 8.165.000

Add
Sundin 5.000.000
B Ryan – 850.000
Sauer 1.750.000
Fahey/Potter – max 542.500
Addition = 8.142.000

Our team is now

Drury – Gomez – Ryan The All-Americans
Näslund - Sundin – Sjöström The ABBA line
Voros – Dubinsky – Zherdev The playstation line
Callahan – Betts – Fritsche/Korpedo The pinball wizard line

Orr (dresses against the right teams pre-playoffs)

Redden – Staal
Girardi – Sauer
Kalinin - Mara

Hank
Vally

Everybody now playin on a line where they can excel. Top 3 lines are interchangeable so to speak.
We also now have a nice goalie prospect in J Gistedt in Hartford, 2 exciting new picks on the “upper half” for 2009 (we lost a 2nd rounder though), the rights to Radulov and no Roszival left to boo at? WoW

Wake me up guys & gals!!!! It can´t be true...
Some good ideas there, but I would never even want the rights to Radulov. Doesn't have the kind of character a great teammate needs.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:57 AM
  #43
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Sather traded M Rozsival to Phoenix for Kurt Sauer + Joel Gistedt + a 3rd round pick 2009
[/COLOR]
not even in ur wildest dreams...

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
  #44
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post

Wake me up guys & gals!!!! It can´t be true...
Unfortunately it's not true. I like some of your moves, but I doubt any of them come to fruition, save possibly the Rozsival trade, but even that is a long shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
For $7.05m he ****ing better be
Like I've always said: It's not Drury's fault he's overpaid. Expecting him to jump to another level because he's making more money is totally unreasonable.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
  #45
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
not even in ur wildest dreams...
It kinda was beyond that - ie Fear & Loathing... stuff
But I get your point

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:07 AM
  #46
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Unfortunately it's not true. I like some of your moves, but I doubt any of them come to fruition, save possibly the Rozsival trade, but even that is a long shot.



Like I've always said: It's not Drury's fault he's overpaid. Expecting him to jump to another level because he's making more money is totally unreasonable.

I know i know

Joking about it eases the pain

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:12 AM
  #47
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
I know i know

Joking about it eases the pain
I feel no pain.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
  #48
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
Some good ideas there, but I would never even want the rights to Radulov. Doesn't have the kind of character a great teammate needs.
True
but next year a line with Radulov - AA - Zherdev would look nice imo

Especially if we would have Drury, Gomez, Korpdedo, Dubinsky - Callahan and xx (Voros??) as other top 9 fwds. Our 4th line seldom poses much of a problem, has little impact on the teams result as a whole and far too much thought here at HF goes into this paltry detail imo.. It is the top 2 (3 actually) lines that are supposed to rack up points for you. That is not - and has not been - the case the past 2 seasons and the real reason for not peaking as a true contender.

PS - forgot Näslund in the top 9. My bad


Last edited by BBKers: 11-24-2008 at 10:30 AM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:43 AM
  #49
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I feel no pain.

Mr T thinks otherwise


z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 11:11 AM
  #50
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,067
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I Could not find the "Everything Sundin thread" so I decided to put the latest wild "Eklund scoop" on Sundin here as it kinda fits in - I suppose
He writes today on the chances of Sundin signing on the top 4 candidates (where NYR are one) according to his "sources"

On the NY Rangers.

*"Look for either Zherdev or Dubinsky to be moved out if they can land Sundin...The Oilers have been very talkative with the Rangers recently. I wouldn't be surprised if either were to be moved to Edmonton."


Umm Zherdev has 2.500.000 in salary. Dubinsky 633.000. This would not be close to gitting rid of salary to afford Sundin. If we send both away - which we would and better not it would probably be slightly above half the salary dump necessary to make this happen. Plus we would be getting something - probably something good if it were them both - in return with salary coming back (or we get Edmontons #1 - #3 picks 2009 + 2010 for these 2 guys; add P Prucha if you like; yeah right Ek).

What is he on? I´d like some btw...

He could try to speculate something reasonably probable (Rozie, Gomez, Redden, Drury come to mind offering satisfactory cap relief, not saying they at all are on the block) when posting something on his hyped site - not crap like this. This is insulting to anyone with an IQ above their shoesize number to read. Insane

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.