HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Michal Rozsival

Old
11-22-2008, 06:00 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
Michal Rozsival

What would it take the Senators to acquire Michal Rozsival? Watching the game today, it seemed like he would be a really great fit for them.

I know he just signed an extension, but I saw him getting a lot of boo's the other night against Vancouver. Not to mention he and Redden play a similar role, so it might make him expendable.

From the Sens' point of view, he's just the puck mover they need, and his contract isn't too bad for the next 4 years. He and Kuba would also make a great pairing.

So what would it take? I'm guessing Picard/Lee+ for starters.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:04 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Lee and Vermette for Rozsival and a 3rd?

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Rozsival, Prucha, and a 5th for Vermette and Picard

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Rozsival, Prucha, and a 5th for Vermette and Picard
I'd love to see this, don't think OTT has the space though. its about 3.5 coming to nyr and then 6.6 going the other way, IB's site says the sens have 3.2 in space, putting them right against the cap. though maybe because the season is 1/4 done, they can now cover this?

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:37 PM
heatley_fan*

Pass. He looked very unimpressive today.

heatley_fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:38 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I'd use Michal in a package ONLY for a top-6 winger.

Sorry, but unless you have one, you are out of luck.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
anybody... doesnt matter who. Rosi sucks, please take him

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Lee and Vermette for Rozsival and a 3rd?
Watching the Rangers' last few games, he has been reduced to third pairing minutes. Lee and Vermette are both worth more than him.

Although I liked the Vermette for Rozsival offer at first, it looks like garbage now.

Pass. He's valueless for the time being.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Gas money and I'll drive him.

Sather gave an awful contract to a player that he should have let walk to free-agency. Now, Rozsival is playing whatever minimal value he had right into the ground.

Last edited by Trxjw: 11-22-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Rozsival has no value.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadSen View Post
Watching the Rangers' last few games, he has been reduced to third pairing minutes. Lee and Vermette are both worth more than him.

Although I liked the Vermette for Rozsival offer at first, it looks like garbage now.

Pass. He's valueless for the time being.
Vermette hasn't been anything special either this season. 2 goals, 3 assists in 20 games, with a -6. Rozsival has just been named the new scapegoat, he has been playing much better than what people are saying. People are just overreacting because the Rangers went on a hot start and came back down to earth. Rozsival has 2 goals, and 5 assists in 23 games for the Rangers with a -9. It seems both players are struggling in their situation. Maybe the Rangers would have to add a mid round pick to even the Vermette-Rozsival trade out. But it doesn't seem as if the Rangers were "owning" the Sens in that proposal.

Old
11-22-2008, 07:07 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Vermette hasn't been anything special either this season. 2 goals, 3 assists in 20 games, with a -6. Rozsival has just been named the new scapegoat, he has been playing much better than what people are saying. People are just overreacting because the Rangers went on a hot start and came back down to earth. Rozsival has 2 goals, and 5 assists in 23 games for the Rangers with a -9. It seems both players are struggling in their situation. Maybe the Rangers would have to add a mid round pick to even the Vermette-Rozsival trade out. But it doesn't seem as if the Rangers were "owning" the Sens in that proposal.
Changed your tune all of a sudden mate. You hated him last week.

As for his value, it has to be in the negative. Michal can play very well when he is on his game, but it looks like the loss of his Czech mates could be troubling him...

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Peter Schaefer

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Changed your tune all of a sudden mate. You hated him last week.

As for his value, it has to be in the negative. Michal can play very well when he is on his game, but it looks like the loss of his Czech mates could be troubling him...
Oh, I was part of the majority that wanted him gone for making 2 mistakes, but everyone made mistakes in the past couple of games. I was only looking for the negatives of him, and looked for a scapegoat. He didn't play terrible today, and last game he wasn't horrible. He didn't look the same as last year, but he is no where near Malik status IMO. I also agree with you about the subtraction of Jagr, Straka, and even Malik may be hurting him, with he and Prucha being the only Czechs on the team, and Michal is the only Czech playing. If he does ever get his head out of his ass, he can be a deadly player from the point, and pretty steady in his own end.

Old
11-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Thefalkon

What about Neil? Would the Sens trade him? A defenseman would have to come back in the trade too, regardless if Neil or Vermette are in it or not.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey16 View Post
What about Neil? Would the Sens trade him?
He had knee surgery or is having knee surgery(I don't know which one). I would rather stay away from him, and not take a gamble.

Old
11-22-2008, 07:16 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I'm not a big fan of Vermette. Personally, I never saw that much in him. Still, the Rangers are desperate on several fronts: to get more offense, to unload Rozsival's awful contract, and to replace him with an affordable scoring forward and a cheap decent-enough defenseman.

Honestly, even though I don't love Vermette, I'm not sure the Senators need to do a move like this (what they need to do is never wear those hideous 3rds again). Yes, they could use a better puckmover, but what they really need is more depth upfront, IMHO. Though they do have some injuries now, so, who knows?

But if they were seriously interested in Rozsival, I could see something like this:

Vermette, Picard

for

Rozsival, and two of the following: Dawes/Prucha/Fritsche/3rd round pick/prospect

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:21 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Oh, I was part of the majority that wanted him gone for making 2 mistakes, but everyone made mistakes in the past couple of games. I was only looking for the negatives of him, and looked for a scapegoat. He didn't play terrible today, and last game he wasn't horrible. He didn't look the same as last year, but he is no where near Malik status IMO. I also agree with you about the subtraction of Jagr, Straka, and even Malik may be hurting him, with he and Prucha being the only Czechs on the team, and Michal is the only Czech playing. If he does ever get his head out of his ass, he can be a deadly player from the point, and pretty steady in his own end.
Oh I know, friendly banter.

He can be a really good defenceman when he wants to be. Frustrating player for sure.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Oh I know, friendly banter.

He can be a really good defenceman when he wants to be. Frustrating player for sure.
Tell me about it, it's a love/hate relationship with that guy.

Old
11-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
If you've watched Vermette in the last three games, he has had a ton of chances, has played on the PK incredibly.

It's only a matter of time before he gets his scoring touch back. He has incredible chemistry with Kelly and Winchester, and with Fisher and Neil out for long periods of time, we can't afford to lose him right now.

It's also worth mentioning that he would be our #6 defenseman by his play (Bell, Picard have played really well) and take out 2.3 million of our cap room. No thank you.

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Kelly - Winchester
Ruutu - Zubov - Donovan
Schubert - McAmmond - Bass

That's hella disgusting.

Old
11-22-2008, 08:19 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I'm not a big fan of Vermette. Personally, I never saw that much in him. Still, the Rangers are desperate on several fronts: to get more offense, to unload Rozsival's awful contract, and to replace him with an affordable scoring forward and a cheap decent-enough defenseman.

Honestly, even though I don't love Vermette, I'm not sure the Senators need to do a move like this (what they need to do is never wear those hideous 3rds again). Yes, they could use a better puckmover, but what they really need is more depth upfront, IMHO. Though they do have some injuries now, so, who knows?

But if they were seriously interested in Rozsival, I could see something like this:

Vermette, Picard

for

Rozsival, and two of the following: Dawes/Prucha/Fritsche/3rd round pick/prospect
I like this.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 08:28 PM
officeglen

Picard was born in Gatineau, very very unlikely he will be moved soon

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Vermette, Picard

for

Cap space says no. Picard has been really, really good for us. In fact, he's been playing better than Rozsival.

Old
11-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Kaktus*

Obviously whoever wants to trade more then 3rd round pick or some salary dump for Rozie hasn’t watched NYR this season.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Roszival and Prucha for Blake and a sack of pucks

Roszy and Prucha for Blake and White

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote