HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Florida/Rangers as trading Partners?

Old
11-28-2008, 09:49 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Florida/Rangers as trading Partners?

Do you think these two teams make good trading partners?

Lets face it the Panthers traded their best player away at the draft and they now have less pts than the Islanders. In fact they are in last place in the conference.

By most accounts they will be losing Bouwmeester this summer

Sounds like a re-build to me.

I dont think Bouwmeester will be a Ranger, but I do like Horton who can play center and wing. I also like what I saw from David Booth tonight who is an RFA this summer

Could we tempt them with a package that includes Bobby Sangs, Prucha/Dawes/Picks?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:52 PM
czechmate25

Booth, Frolik, Olesz, & Bouwmeester would all be welcome additions.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:54 PM
68Forever

i would love for Horton to come in with his nasty wrister along side gomez and callahan and that line would be a nightmare.

68Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I wanted Slats to go hard after Frolik this past offseason when he became a free agent. He's near untouchable in Florida, methinks.

I'd love something built around Horton if Florida decides to blow the team up and start again. Maybe something like this...

To NYR:
Horton
3rd 09

To FLA:
Anisimov
Sanguinetti
Prucha
1st 09

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Horton is signed through 2013 at 4 mill cap hit....

Thats almost too good to be true, he's going to be expensive...

Booth on the otherhand is a RFA this summer

Old
11-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Horton is signed through 2013 at 4 mill cap hit....

Thats almost too good to be true, he's going to be expensive...

Booth on the otherhand is a RFA this summer
An offersheet would cost salary and future picks. I love his game, but I'd rather trade for his rights instead

Old
11-28-2008, 10:46 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
if they are rebuilding....i doubt they trade away their top young players guys. lets be realistic...when rebuilding names like Vokoun, McCabe, Zednik, Dvorak, Boynton, Cullimore...and so on re getting traded. Not Booth, Horton or Ballard.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
if they are rebuilding....i doubt they trade away their top young players guys. lets be realistic...when rebuilding names like Vokoun, McCabe, Zednik, Dvorak, Boynton, Cullimore...and so on re getting traded. Not Booth, Horton or Ballard.
Yea but we dont want those guys

Old
11-29-2008, 12:08 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Booth looks like a good player but so did Dustin Penner in their Stanley Cup run. I doubt we could win in a Horton sweepstakes if he was ever made available. Florida would have to be really foolish (Jokinen? Luongo?) to trade Horton for anything less than a franchise caliber player. I think Bouwmeester is where they will cash in this trade deadline. I wasn't too impressed with his play tonight, but he wasn't awful or anything. Actually watching Rob Blake play in the SJ game tonight, man that old man still has it. Him and Boyle are like the Nediermeyer and Pronger of NorCal. We need someone like that who can take command of that blueline on the PP and just blast bombs in. Zdeno Chara tops my list.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Booth looks like a good player but so did Dustin Penner in their Stanley Cup run. I doubt we could win in a Horton sweepstakes if he was ever made available. Florida would have to be really foolish (Jokinen? Luongo?) to trade Horton for anything less than a franchise caliber player. I think Bouwmeester is where they will cash in this trade deadline. I wasn't too impressed with his play tonight, but he wasn't awful or anything. Actually watching Rob Blake play in the SJ game tonight, man that old man still has it. Him and Boyle are like the Nediermeyer and Pronger of NorCal. We need someone like that who can take command of that blueline on the PP and just blast bombs in. Zdeno Chara tops my list.
I don't think their is a fit........a young team like Florida wont deal their young players............Cory Stillman is a option if he gets healthy........besides that I dont see a fit

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:27 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmate25 View Post
Booth, Frolik, Olesz, & Bouwmeester would all be welcome additions.
olesz has some talent, but i dont trust booth from some reason. bouwmeester will probably end up with the leafs

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Booth, Frolik, and likely Olesz (unless it's a gret deal, and he's not doing that well so far) aren't going anywhere. I can see Horton moved, but again, will likely be for a deal too hard to turn down. Bouw is the only one on the move, Booth and Frolik are going to be here for awhile.

Booth has steadily gotten better and is a constant workhorse, he's overachieving this season so far, we'll see how does going forward. Still, he has good chemistry with Weiss and Horton and that line was just put back together.

Btw, Keenan traded Luongo and that deal probably wouldn't have been as bad had Bertuzzi not gone down after 7 games. Also, Ballard's been stellar so far and Boynton's been a pleasant surprise, so the Olli trade wasn't all that bad. We just need a center to slide in between Stillman and likely Frolik. Horton didn't fare too well at center and, as I said, was moved back to the wing.

11-29-2008, 02:03 AM
NYR Viper

i would love for the rangers to get JBo or horton.....both are GREAT players.....although i dont think either will happen

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:31 AM
BklyNYR4Life

Due to their age, gotta figure horton and booth are both part of florida's rebuilding picture, and not getting moved

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 05:51 AM
KRM

I'd love to have Bouwmeester on the team, and I bet Henrik would be quite happy too.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Thefalkon

Then only way Horton comes over here in my opinion is if we trade Dubinsky, which I doubt will happen. The only way I could see it happening is if Sather knows that he won't be able to resign him.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:17 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I wanted Slats to go hard after Frolik this past offseason when he became a free agent. He's near untouchable in Florida, methinks.

I'd love something built around Horton if Florida decides to blow the team up and start again. Maybe something like this...

To NYR:
Horton
3rd 09

To FLA:
Anisimov
Sanguinetti
Prucha
1st 09
A tad too much. Horton is not an elite player to be giving up your list of players on. Far too rich.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
A tad too much. Horton is not an elite player to be giving up your list of players on. Far too rich.
Perhaps, but any team looking to trade for Horton is likely going to have to give up a similar package, as he's signed at a very reasonable 4 million/year through 2013.

Old
11-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post

To NYR:
Horton
3rd 09

To FLA:
Anisimov
Sanguinetti
Prucha
1st 09
Too much??? LOL.

Florida would never do this in a million years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:23 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

It seems like there is a new thread every few days trying to figure out who we can trade with and who we can get...

When are you guys going to face reality? THE RANGERS HAVE NO FLEXIBILITY WHATSOEVER...stop wasting your time and space on the boards with these needless threads...

We have no flexibility because of the signings they have made so this is what we got and thats the end of it; we win with this team...

The only realistic option is trading prucha and rissimiller for picks to free up cap space for signing Sundin and thats ONLY IFFF he will take a pay cut for a chance at a cup

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post

When are you guys going to face reality? THE RANGERS HAVE NO FLEXIBILITY WHATSOEVER...stop wasting your time and space on the boards with these needless threads...

We have no flexibility because of the signings they have made so this is what we got and thats the end of it

Obviously the cap restricts your options, but you have to keep working it.

I really hope Glen Sather doesnt share you negativity

Old
11-29-2008, 12:27 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

It is not negativity at all....its REALITY.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
It seems like there is a new thread every few days trying to figure out who we can trade with and who we can get...

We have no flexibility because of the signings they have made so this is what we got and thats the end of it; we win with this team...

The only realistic option is trading prucha and rissimiller for picks to free up cap space for signing Sundin and thats ONLY IFFF he will take a pay cut for a chance at a cup
Well apparently you are a NHL GM so I guess Sather should just sit back and try and do nothing now right?

please...............moves can be made and their will be bargains out there............once again a guy like Antropov would be considered a top 6 forward.......he makes only 2 million and is a UFA..........Rangers have a good farm system and they can shed salary easily.........Prucha will be taken at some pt and Rissmiller can be sent to Hartford.............Dawes is a good trade chip and if they have to they can move Kalinen for a cheaper D option or call up Potter aswell. Plus Rozsival still has value.............not sure why people think after 25 games other teams would think he is done...........do you not think other teams were offering a similar salary?

there are options and someting will get done

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Too much??? LOL.

Florida would never do this in a million years.
Then you need to go to the doctor. Because that is a huge overpayment for a 60 point player.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Defensive prospect, Center prospect, a guy that cant crack a lineup, and a draft pick for a 23 year old 60 point player whose cost controlled at 4 mill per until 2013.

If we traded Zherdev or Dubinsky for that package, people would be screaming bloody murder...and they're RFA's next season.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote