HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Red Wings @ Flames, Game 21

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Penalty Killing 0 0%
Marc Giordano 3 30.00%
Curtis Glencross 6 60.00%
Robyn Regehr 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Red Wings @ Flames, Game 21

Fire away!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:45 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
So, you want to have him as a replacement for Lilja?
hahaha, you got me here. but yeah, pardy is similar.

i felt free to vote for giordano. pretty good game by him, especially in the 3rd.

HM should go to nystrom. some nice plays.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Hyde

Gave my vote to Glencross, really thought he had a strong game. Same with Boyd and Lombardi man glad he is back.

I thought the Flames look really good at times, would of loved a win (hell would have loved a point). Not really worried, I really need to more then three games (since the SJ loss) to get a feeling of where the Flames are at.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:47 PM
kruezer

Not as bad as the score would suggest. Hopefully they don't throw out everything they gained the last couple games because of this, they need to keep going how they have been.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Third Period
This period started out with the Flames playing their defensive game again. They were making great passes, and denying the neutral zone ice to the Wings. The Iggy line was definitely making some serious headaches for the Detroit defenders . They didn’t show alot of energy until Giordano tied up the game halfway through the period. Then they suddenly had energy and intensity galore.

Then at the halfway point the Flames started playing the run and gun game, with disasterous results. You simply cannot play a game with too much open ice against a team like Detroit. Had the Flames stuck to their plan thuis would have been a different result. IOt wasn’t a bad period, simply not a good one agaisnt a team that is always very very good.

Overall Impressions
The final score certainly doesn’t tell the tale of this game. The Flames played quite well, and stuck to their system for the most part. A couple defensive gaffs and the game slipped away in the third. Miikka was mostly very good, tho I felt he should have had that 3rd goal. He stops that and the momentum is firmly in Calgary’s grasp. As is the game.

I was very impressed with Boyd and Glencross this game. They both worked very hard, and made some amazing plays. It was great to see Lombardi back in the lineup, and he’ll be a force in the next few games as he gets back into the flow of things. Dion was playing very well too, until he had a brainfart in the late third period.

All in all this team showed some very good things this game. Yes it’s a loss, but one we can build on, as the Flames were actually there for the game tonight. They played an elite team and played well at that. There is hope for this team, and they showed tonight that they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Three Stars By Me
1. Henrik Zetterburg
2. Curtis Glencross
3. Jiri Hudler

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Northern Neighbour

The 2 goals that Kiprusoff allowed in the third period were very weak goals. He has to make those stops.

The team did play well for the most part. I agree with Lanny's comments that the team went away from its gameplan and it cost them. They didn't establish or sustain a forecheck, and they allowed too many odd-man rushes. What last night's game proved is that the Flames still have a ways to go.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 12:31 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
The 2 goals that Kiprusoff allowed in the third period were very weak goals. He has to make those stops.

The team did play well for the most part. I agree with Lanny's comments that the team went away from its gameplan and it cost them. They didn't establish or sustain a forecheck, and they allowed too many odd-man rushes. What last night's game proved is that the Flames still have a ways to go.
I disagree that the game winner was soft. It was a delayed penalty and the Wings got an extra man on the ice. As a result we were out-numbered in our own zone. A pass out to an open Hudler as a result of the out-numbered situation creates a goal. It was a good shot and I don't think Kipper should be blamed.

I hate how we let it slip away after tying it back up. Oh well, there's plenty more hockey to be played.

MVP for me is Glencross.

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:10 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Glencross was fantastic last night and has been just solid all season. Nice to see him get rewarded with the goal too. The bottom 6 just continue to give the flames good minutes. Really think the top players let the flames down last night. Iggy, Langkow, Bertuzzi, Cammalleri and Kipper all struggled and you just can't win many games especially against the Wings like that.

I've backed Kipper all year, but he was not great last night. Made some good saves, but he needs to make a save on a couple of those shots. That 4th goal just can't happen. He needs to be more consistant.

Really thought for the most part the flames played well enough where they could have won. Wings are a great team, but we were in this game and would have been nice to get atleast one point.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
I've backed Kipper all year, but he was not great last night. Made some good saves, but he needs to make a save on a couple of those shots. That 4th goal just can't happen. He needs to be more consistant.
While I entirely agree, that he was brutal on the fourth one, what is the other goal that he has to stop?

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote