HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lost in All the Hoopla: Boston's 1st win @MTL in nearly 2 years

Old
11-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Lost in All the Hoopla: Boston's 1st win @MTL in nearly 2 years

Yes, December 4, 2006 was the last time. 8 straight wins (7 in reg.) later and it finally ended, albeit in a SO. I recall that game, going up 1-0 then giving up 4 straight by early in the 2nd. Huet got pulled, Aebischer came in and we scored 3 straight to tie it at the end of the 2nd. The team's traded goals then Brad Stuart's long shot went in with 1.5 minutes to go. This wasn't pretty, but the Bruins will take it I'm sure.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Yes, December 4, 2006 was the last time. 8 straight wins (7 in reg.) later and it finally ended, albeit in a SO. I recall that game, going up 1-0 then giving up 4 straight by early in the 2nd. Huet got pulled, Aebischer came in and we scored 3 straight to tie it at the end of the 2nd. The team's traded goals then Brad Stuart's long shot went in with 1.5 minutes to go. This wasn't pretty, but the Bruins will take it I'm sure.
yeah, now that you mention it, I vaguely remember that game. That streak is quite remarkable considering how many times these teams have faced off at the bell centre since then.

Anyways, the streak in regulation still exists.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Brewin8

If you're going to bring to light a streak of 2 years since Bruins won in Bell centre maybe qualify that it's regular season your counting and NOT the playoffs. Last years 7 game series was a treat for both teams fans and The Bruins definitely won in the Bell center !

Brewin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewin8 View Post
If you're going to bring to light a streak of 2 years since Bruins won in Bell centre maybe qualify that it's regular season your counting and NOT the playoffs. Last years 7 game series was a treat for both teams fans and The Bruins definitely won in the Bell center !
That series was a treat alright...for hab fans anyways, but hey it always is against your beloved Booins.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 05:27 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
game 5, 5-1, I was there

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 05:52 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Well that's what makes this game no surprise then. We knew Boston could break the reg. season streak after how they won game 5 and nearly came back to win the game in October. But reg. season wise, it was 7-0-1 till last night. Ah well, all good things must come to an end... for Hab fans.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 08:04 AM
rocketlives

Boston has a more physical 'blue collar" team than we have. In a physical game where they work harder than we do, anything can happen.

The fact they beat us 2 games in a row after playing the previous night while our team was rested isn't normal. Their beating us in a shootout also concerns me.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 08:35 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Well that's what makes this game no surprise then. We knew Boston could break the reg. season streak after how they won game 5 and nearly came back to win the game in October. But reg. season wise, it was 7-0-1 till last night. Ah well, all good things must come to an end... for Hab fans.
remember because there is a hard cap and they draft from same pool, it'll even out; by the season end the Habs probably will beat the Bruins some game by a handful; they are easily in top third of league and likely alot higher; if Tanguay scores on that shot in OT or Markov doesn't have the puck bounce over his stick at the end- the Bruins lose; next time it probably goes the other way. I would not be down on your team at all- if you are there are 29 other teams including Boston that would love most of your guys. If Komisarek ever became a FA the Bruins fans I hang with (and I've been a season tix holder since early 80's) would foam at the mouth for him.

The Habs are like the Yankees to me- love to see them flying high, makes it much sweeter if Boston can take them down; and if not, always good for hockey if the Habs are at the top in my view.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 03:56 PM
BulldogFever

Aebischer!!!!!!!!!! Who used to drop at the blue line. And everybody wants Carey Price's balls in a sling.

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote