HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do we need a line change?

Old
11-25-2008, 12:24 PM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Do we need a line change?

Personally I think that the outcome of last night's game is not an indication of any real need for change, because I felt the habs were playing quite effectively and largely dominating the game. That being said I'd continue with this lineup for the next game or two.

Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay (give it more time to gel and it'll click well)
A Kost-Plecks-Kovalev (I feel its only a matter of time)
Kosto-Lang-S Kost (works in theory IMO)
Dandy-Begin-Lats/Laraque/Lappy (this line brought tremendous energy last game)

Markov-Gorges (Gorges is a beast, most impressive/improved player this year IMO)
Hammer-O'byrne (despite his mistakes I think our rookie D still should stay right now, and if he doesn't rebound in the next few then send him down and call up Weber/Carle)
Bouillon-Brisebois

Price
Halak

What are your thoughts? Do you think we need a call up/send down? Or a dramtically line reorganization?

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:31 PM
la25ecoupe

Deja vu.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:55 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

This is how I think the lines should be once Gui is back...

Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay
Higgins - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn
Sergei - Lang - Kovalev
Begin/Laraque - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Koivu and Tanguay played their best hockey when they were with Latendresse and Gui was playing a lot better before he got hurt so I think once he's back he should play with those two.

Kovalev's line looked alright for some shifts yesterday but Andrei is a totally different player away from him and Plekanec has done nothing with Kovalev for most of the season, all 3 of these guys have tons of speed and Pleks/Kostitsyn won't have Kovalev slowing them down anymore.

Playing on a third line would most likely help Kovalev as he'd play against less skilled lines and not as good defenceman and having Sergei will help make up for the lack of speed the other 2 guys have.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:04 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post

Sergei - Lang - Kovalev

Koivu and Tanguay played their best hockey when they were with Latendresse and Gui was playing a lot better before he got hurt so I think once he's back he should play with those two.

Kovalev's line looked alright for some shifts yesterday but Andrei is a totally different player away from him and Plekanec has done nothing with Kovalev for most of the season, all 3 of these guys have tons of speed and Pleks/Kostitsyn won't have Kovalev slowing them down anymore.

Playing on a third line would most likely help Kovalev as he'd play against less skilled lines and not as good defenceman and having Sergei will help make up for the lack of speed the other 2 guys have.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:04 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post

Sergei - Lang - Kovalev

I agree that this is the next best option if Carbo decides that a change is needed. Although I would argue we could stand to give the current lineup a little bit more time to see if there chance creation can have goals.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Ross MacLochness

Everything depends on which Kovalev is playing, the 2004-2007 20 goal scorer or last years' 35 goal, 50 assist man.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote