HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr/ Cgy

Old
11-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
On a team that seems to have trouble getting motivated, I'd rather not give up the one guy that seems to hustle every single night. Decent proposal, but a pass from me.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
So is Roszival considering his cap hit, thanks for the offer though
no...rozsival is garbage no matter how much he is getting paid.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
JorgeRocks!

bertuzzi is on pace for a 25 plus goal 50 plus point season, and 100 plus pm. callahan on the other hand has 18 goals and 27 points in 89 career games. callahan may have potential, but bertuzzi has it now, and i suppose sutter is saying it is "win now" time in calgary so there you go. that just does it for me. and is rosival really worth almost 40% more money than Sarich? oh, and rosival is a european, and looking at the team sutter and keenan have built, that just doesnt fly with them here

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post

Primeau is garbage.
Roszival is $5M garbage, I'm assuming Primeau is there to balance out the cap hit.

Also, while t Callahan's upside is promising, Flames can't afford to downgrade at defense right now.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I doubt the Flames would do this. Bert has been very good for them this season.
And Sarich has been very good for the Flames too, he has been one of the more reliable defensemen, very solid.

I personally would say no to this deal after alot of thought.

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
It's been a long time since I've done one of these, but:
NYR give: Michal Roszival (5.0 M) this season plus 3 more
Ryan Callahan (.575M) RFA
Total 5.575M

Flames give: Cory Sarich (3.6M) this season plus 3 more
Todd Bertuzzi (1.95M) UFA
Total 5.55 M

Logic:
Roszival is struggling a bit and the Garden is turning on him. Nobody seems to be able to pull out of that death spiral. He brings good offense, and average defense, but could use a good steady defensive minded partner, which the Flames appear to have. The Rangers are pairing him with Redden, who seems to be the same type and need the same thing. So I trade him for Sarich, who hopefully makes Redden a better player and at least somewhat worth his 6M/season. I don't like giving up Callahan, but it looks like the Flames could use some wingers and even though they give one up in Bertuzzi, they get back a younger guy with wheels who hits and gets his nose dirty and can score a bit. We're unfortunately a little cap bound and with him being RFA, I'm not sure we'd have money to keep him anyway. Hopefully Gomez can work with a power guy like Bertuzzi and get some of his former self back, and worst case scenario, we walk away from him if the experiment fails. Oh, and the Flames have Aucoin's 4M salary coming off the books next season so there will be a hole opening up on their blueline.

No pun intended, but... Flame away.
absolutely not. Rangers pass.

CLEARLY this is judged even by people who dont watch Rangers games. Cally has been, and will continue to be... THE most dependable player on the ice not named Lundqvist. Never misses a shift, never misses a hit... forechecks, backchecks, grinds it out until he's got nothing left... whether its bouncing off of Chara or digging for pucks in the crease... rarely do guys exert as much energy and willpower as him. He turns games around for the Rangers by igniting fire on the bench. His stat line doesnt for a second show how much the kid actually does.

Last edited by Cynical TyranT: 11-25-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Trading Roszival right now is a bad idea as he seems to have negative trade value.

Sarich has actually been pretty good for the Flames, and Bertuzzi has been great so far this season.

No need for Calgary to make the trade, especially when they acquire an even more expensive defensemen.

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
ComixZone

Calgary says No Thanks.

ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:26 PM
DownInFlames

I can't justify taking on Rosival at 5 million a year. It would be great to have Callahan but we already have 2 or 3 players who play almost the exact same game. No from the Flames as our defense would be decimated and the return isn't beneficial to the needs of the team and furthermore the cap implications would kill any attempt at signing some of the useful players that need to be targeted.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 04:20 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
absolutely not. Rangers pass.

CLEARLY this is judged even by people who dont watch Rangers games. Cally has been, and will continue to be... THE most dependable player on the ice not named Lundqvist. Never misses a shift, never misses a hit... forechecks, backchecks, grinds it out until he's got nothing left... whether its bouncing off of Chara or digging for pucks in the crease... rarely do guys exert as much energy and willpower as him. He turns games around for the Rangers by igniting fire on the bench. His stat line doesnt for a second show how much the kid actually does.
I watch every single Rangers game in its entirety. I am well aware of Callahan and what he does. But here is reality. We have made some very long, expensive deals. Deals we need to get out from under somehow. Now as long as we're cap bound, how do we resign our guys? Callahan is a RFA. If I notice his effort and hustle, and you notice it, then chances are somebody who actually scouts our team notices it too. He is primed to be targeted for an offer sheet, and it will probably be one we cannot possibly match. Can we afford to sign him ahead of Zherdev? Ahead of Dubinsky? Can we give him what he deserves without having to tell Marc Staal we don't have any money left for him the following season? If we let some other team poach him, we will still be stuck with our top heavy contracts, and still be facing these issues with other good young players. If we're going to lose him anyway, which I think is a very real possiblity, then we should get some cap flexibility back. Cap flexibility is a real, tangible asset that IMO, is as valuable as on ice talent. I'd hate to lose the guy as much as you, but what I'd really hate is to see it happen over and over again. The team is not going to banish too many guys to Hartford and pay them 5+mill a year to play in the AHL.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
We have made some very long, expensive deals. Deals we need to get out from under somehow.
Its called your GM is an idiot for signing so many stupid contracts, and now your going to have to pay the price for them, since nobody wants your teams garbage.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 07:10 PM
SML

Well, thanks. Way to attack me personally for liking the team. And I'm happy to know there are enforcers like you out there to make me pay the price. If you don't like the proposal, how about you state why and try to intelligently defend your position? Otherwise, your one line shots are really not adding much to the discussion.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Well, thanks. Way to attack me personally for liking the team. And I'm happy to know there are enforcers like you out there to make me pay the price. If you don't like the proposal, how about you state why and try to intelligently defend your position? Otherwise, your one line shots are really not adding much to the discussion.
Its not so much a personal attack against you, but an attack against people who think that other teams want another teams overpriced players.

Most of the trade proposals we see on this boards are terrible trades of fans wanting to get rid of their teams over paid players, and quite frankly, it gets a little annoying.

The NYR are infamous for handing out huge, stupid, long term contracts. Its only fair that karma now bites them in the ass when they don't have any cap room left. This is how stupid Free Agency Inflation will stop.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote