HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouchard back from concussion

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2004, 06:56 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Bouchard back from concussion

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...angersweb.html

Old
03-02-2004, 11:00 AM
xevious

The fact that he was playing 20 mins. a night with a concussion says a lot about this team.

Old
03-02-2004, 11:10 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious
The fact that he was playing 20 mins. a night with a concussion says a lot about this team.

Yea but at least he was playing and not a puss like Poti who is always out with a pinky injury or some type of wuss back problem. Id take Bouchard over Poti any day of the week.

Old
03-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Fletch

That does make sense...

Bouchard, I thought, hadn't been playing well for some time. This kind of explains that.

Old
03-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I'll tell ya, I could see a lot of teams interested in Bouchard. He's a damn deal for a guy who could comfortably play on the 2nd pairing of most playoff bound teams with short term injury problems.

Quote:
Though reluctant to speculate when exactly Lindros might return, Renney was optimistic. "I think it's pretty close," he said.
He needs to quantify "pretty close". If he's talking 7 days close, then Eric is a player we absolutely must move regardless of compensation.

Old
03-02-2004, 11:53 AM
Larry Melnyk

If I was a PO bound team, I would stay as far away from Bouchard as possible, injury or no injury...Bouchard has been as bad as the rest this year with roaming, getting caught out of position, leaving the slot and just plain being beat..And this ain't much different from his career..He's not bad in the transition game but he's a poor defender...And going into the POs, it's the latter that matters..

Old
03-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Fletch

Maybe Sather should be looking at Bouchard...

with Mironov and Malakhov gone, maybe you sign the guy as insurance for next season, if the price is right. I don't think Bouchard would garner much interest in the trade market. Bouchard ain't the best guy, and depending on who Sather gets in return for any trades, he might want to sign on a cheapish defenseman that he knows is available and may be willing to work something out. I dunno...just trying to fill next season's roster.

Old
03-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Bouchard has been as bad as the rest this year
Disagree. I can't name a Ranger defenseman who turned in a more competent defensive game this season. Not spectacular, but adaquate on most nights, which is more than I can say for Malakhov, Poti or Mironov. If people are insinuating that there's legitament interest in these effing morons, then I'm telling you Bouchard is a better player at a lower price.

Old
03-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Disagree. I can't name a Ranger defenseman who turned in a more competent defensive game this season. Not spectacular, but adaquate on most nights, which is more than I can say for Malakhov, Poti or Mironov. If people are insinuating that there's legitament interest in these effing morons, then I'm telling you Bouchard is a better player at a lower price.
Guess it's one of theose agree to disagree scenarios because I thought Bouchard flat out sucked for most of the year, the same as Poti, Maladog, Krispy Kreme and even Purinton for the most part...And I hope we never see a single one of them in a Ranger sweater after April 7th...

Old
03-02-2004, 12:24 PM
mwshapi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Yea but at least he was playing and not a puss like Poti who is always out with a pinky injury or some type of wuss back problem. Id take Bouchard over Poti any day of the week.
hey man, i dislocated my pinky and chipped the bone over a week ago and it is still swollen to the size of my thumb and is all black and blue.

but all kidding aside, i don't play hockey and if i did i would take a shot of some excellent pain killer and get my ass back in the game.

Old
03-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Fletch

Not for nothing...

there aren't a lot of wuss back problems to hockey players. Many tough guys have missed extended periods of time as a result of backs.

Old
03-03-2004, 01:39 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
there aren't a lot of wuss back problems to hockey players. Many tough guys have missed extended periods of time as a result of backs.
Bingo...Playing with a bad back is NO fun and you can easily make it worse.

On Bouchard, I have to agree with Melnyk on this one. The guy, for what ever reason has not been good for much of the season. Opposite from last year but he was consistently giving up the puck from behind the net when pressured. Much like the rest of our fearsome six.

Closed Thread