HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/24/08 "Better Than NASCAR" - Hurricanes VS. Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I think you're reaching a bit. Even if you think Carolina played badly in the first, they still came out firing in the second and tied it up quickly. We came out of the gate last night with energy I don't think has been matched so far this season. Apparently I'm not the only one who noticed it. That was the best effort we've put forth yet, and we also responded well after they tied it up and kept pushing. We had a winning record at home, in all of 7 games, but it's not like we're a powerhouse or anything. Just because we play at home doesn't for some unexplainable reason make us better.
Agreed. It's no secret that Carolina has our number. We have a very hard time beating that team, period! Whether at home, on the road, if we're healthy and on a 20 game winning streak and they're injured and on a 20 game losing streak... it doesn't matter. Beating that team takes all we have.

Knowing all of that, I'm of the opinion that we did get a bit of a spark from the Belak situation. His teammates love him so it makes sense that they would or did come out 'sparked'. Now just as a fan, I don't truly know. Only those guys in the dressing room do. But I do know some of you guys will sit and give excuses that we beat a tired, slumping Carolina team and that we never got a 'spark'...

...And I'm pretty sure those same guys, if we lost, would say, "Yeah, some spark JM!"

-ghoste

Closed Thread