HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rissmiller Called Up

Old
11-24-2008, 01:45 PM
caldercup0

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
Rissmiller Called Up

Link

In 6 games for the Wolf Pack, Rissmiller had 7 assists.

caldercup0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:50 PM
NYROrtsFan

Please don't let him play... He was a horrible mistake. They'll put him in though so he can generate SOME interest.

The guy doesn't care, isn't fast, doesn't hit, and doesn't have great hands.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:53 PM
GarretJoseph*

7 Pts in 6 Games is pretty good.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 01:55 PM
drewcon40

In all likelyhood, his conditioning assignment is complete. That's all. I don't envision him being inserted into the line up anytime soon.

Although it looks like Dawes is being scratched (Gomez is playing tonight), Prucha hasn't played. It might be "his turn" if Renney decides to shake up the line up. I am not crazy about it or do I 100 percent agree with it, I am just curious of the team's plans withhim.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:13 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Not for a supposed NHL player playing a league down. By comparison, Lauri Korpikoski had 4 goals, 2 assists and was a +7 in four games with the Pack. Rissmiller had 7 assists and was a +2 in 6 games playing with more or less the same players.

Parenteau had 5 goals and 5 assists for 10 points in Rissmiller's 6 games. Anisimov had 3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points in those 6 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
In all likelyhood, his conditioning assignment is complete. That's all.
That's exactly it. His two weeks were up on Wednesday, and the Pack don't play between now and then.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Hope they kept his seat warm in the press box.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
The guy is an NHL player people..............Rangers just have too much depth.............I imagine he still sits but it can't hurt to try him out for a longer period of the others are sucking it up

I just don't see that happening though so he will likely chill

hopefully Prucha goes down on conditioning and gets his scoring touch and confidence going

otherwise just move Prucha, Dawes ,Rozi for a top 6 forward and back end Dman.........I think that package would do it

The Leafs and Blues made a deal today so hopefully that starts some moving

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I'll look at Rissmiller on the 4th line again.

I still find it hard to believe that a guy who was an integral part of a very good Sharks team for several years has NOTHING to offer a Ranger team that has made useful players out of far less talented individuals.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Now is the perfect time to give him one more chance. We're playing teams like Pheonix, tampa, and the panthers. He blows it, his ass is in Hartford for the year if there are no takers.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
MBHockey

he is brutal. hopefully he will show Renney/Sather something in the next few games, for his sake.

MBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 05:47 PM
shoothepuck

Called up to sit. Tom needs to find a way to get 1 or 2 of these forwards to get going

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Balej20*

When do the Rangers finally get rid of one of these forwards and call up a defensemen? Rozsival, Kalinin or Redden could use a breather..and not because they are tired.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
2 Late 2 Anton

Send a message via AIM to 2 Late 2 Anton Send a message via MSN to 2 Late 2 Anton
Orr's ***** is back, aww yeah; http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=246175578

2 Late 2 Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I'll look at Rissmiller on the 4th line again.

I still find it hard to believe that a guy who was an integral part of a very good Sharks team for several years has NOTHING to offer a Ranger team that has made useful players out of far less talented individuals.
And who sits? Orr? Nope. Betts? Definitely not. Sjostrom? Doesn't deserve the time in the press box.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
And who sits? Orr? Nope. Betts? Definitely not. Sjostrom? Doesn't deserve the time in the press box.
It may not be a 4th liner who sits. Could be a 3rd liner, bumping Sjostrom up. Doesn't have to be today either.

I will say, the team seems to have performed better with a rotation of lower half guys. Maybe they were fresher, maybe they were hungrier, but I'm hardly seeing anything from the players who apparently "won" these spots that should keep them in the lineup indefinitely. Maybe Rissmiller on the rebound can help the team more than Fritsche at this point. What's the alternative? Let him go cold again on the bench, reducing his value as a reserve player and eliminating any chance of getting a taken on waivers again?

Old
11-25-2008, 11:33 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercup0 View Post
Link

In 6 games for the Wolf Pack, Rissmiller had 7 assists.
I still can't figure out why they called this guy up. All I can think of was it was to entice someone to take him for half price. I can't imagine that's it though because the Rangers have an extra million to waste on a guy in the minors. Maybe it was to prove to Rissmiller that he's not valued, at half price, anywhere else in the league either, so be happy and play in the minors like you're told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Called up to sit. Tom needs to find a way to get 1 or 2 of these forwards to get going
Tom needs to figure out a lot.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I still can't figure out why they called this guy up. All I can think of was it was to entice someone to take him for half price.
He wasn't called up, his conditioning stint just ended. He was never demoted to Hartford.

Old
11-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
He wasn't called up, his conditioning stint just ended. He was never demoted to Hartford.
Why can't Sather just demote the guy already. It would free up cap space. Stupid, considering we have 2 guys scratched every game anyway.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Why can't Sather just demote the guy already. It would free up cap space. Stupid, considering we have 2 guys scratched every game anyway.
because at some point they are going to deal from their depth

Rozi, Dawes, Prucha, Fritsche in a package for a back end D man and top winger............bank on it

then Rissmiller becomes valuable as a sub

just what I am thinking

Old
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
because at some point they are going to deal from their depth

Rozi, Dawes, Prucha, Fritsche in a package for a back end D man and top winger............bank on it

then Rissmiller becomes valuable as a sub

just what I am thinking
I'm just curious as to what kind of Top6 winger we can get with a package like that?

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
It may not be a 4th liner who sits. Could be a 3rd liner, bumping Sjostrom up. Doesn't have to be today either.

I will say, the team seems to have performed better with a rotation of lower half guys. Maybe they were fresher, maybe they were hungrier, but I'm hardly seeing anything from the players who apparently "won" these spots that should keep them in the lineup indefinitely. Maybe Rissmiller on the rebound can help the team more than Fritsche at this point. What's the alternative? Let him go cold again on the bench, reducing his value as a reserve player and eliminating any chance of getting a taken on waivers again?
So you're going to sit Fritsche (who's years younger and has more upside) to somehow jump start a 30 year old player? Sorry, I don't think that makes sense. And Renney has shown no interest in moving Sjostrom around--he obviously really likes his 4th line as is.

At some point our Fearless Leader is going to have to admit he made a mistake. Trade Rissmiller for anything, send him to Hartford, find him a spot on some European team, whatever. This player is just not worth all the angst he's caused to this board.

Old
11-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
I'm just curious as to what kind of Top6 winger we can get with a package like that?
Hey, as PT Barum said, there's a sucker born every minute and one to take him. Hope springs eternal on a hockey board.

Old
11-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
So you're going to sit Fritsche (who's years younger and has more upside) to somehow jump start a 30 year old player? Sorry, I don't think that makes sense.
I'll sit anyone who consistently contributes nothing to take a look at the other options on my payroll and roster. That's how it worked for Prucha, Dawes, Fritsche, Korpikoski and Sjostrom. Why would it not make sense to do that for Rissmiller?

I remain confused by the "angst" surrounding Rissmiller, or this perceived need to remove him from the organization at all costs.

Old
11-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
I was thinking that they need to clear salary at some pt

I would bet they will deal Rozsival and his contract to a team with cap space.............I know this is nuts but a guy like Bill Guerin who is a veteran and a FA next yr

Isles could take on that contract..........maybe the Rangers would take Sutton off their hands and he be a depth guy for the Rangers

Rangers could also send them Prucha and Fritsche..........I think that is fair and the contracts even out

So the D would be

Redden, Girardi
Mara, Staal
Sutton, Kalinen

upfront they can mix and match depending on if they want Drury one the wing or C but for argument sake lets say the wing.....I also want them to keep Dawes but I think he is one of the guys they would move in a deal

Drury, Gomez, Guerin
Naslund ,Dubinsky, Zherdev
Voros, Korpiloski, Callahan
Sjostrom ,Betts, Orr
Dawes ,Rissmiller

Old
11-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Ola

You don't wanna throw Dawes away. Prucha though just haven't been good enough for us to keep investing in him.

But with that said, I have a hard time seeing a lineup of like

Drury-Gomez-Callahan
Näslund-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Sjöström-Korpikoski-Fritsche
Rissmiller-Betts-Orr

not making more sense then any lineup with Dawes-Korpi-Fritsche all on the same 3rd line... With that line none of thoose 3 -- Dawes, Korpi and Fritshce --gets enough support...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote