HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pulling a "milan lucic"

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2008, 05:51 PM
HabsHockey

vCash: 500
I had pasta for supper tonight.

Old
11-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Bruin4Life

toronto announcers are the best. definetely arent the biggest homers and everybody definetely pays attention to the things they say like toskala is better than price and thomas and is an all star goalie with those numbers... oh wait...

Old
11-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Huh?

Old
11-24-2008, 06:02 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
toronto announcers are the best. definetely arent the biggest homers and everybody definetely pays attention to the things they say like toskala is better than price and thomas and is an all star goalie with those numbers... oh wait...
Who invited you here ?

Old
11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
But seriously, why would he fight BGL? He kicked the crap out of Komisarek, proving he's no sissy.. I think he's smart for choosing his spots wisely.
cuz he acted like a total dick and taunted the whole team after the fight?

Old
11-24-2008, 06:05 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
This is awesome because it's sooooooooo TRUE!!!! Lucic is a *****!
There is not a person in ALL of hab land that would not LOVE to have Lucic. The problem with the Habs line up all (well not all) skill no brawn. It is a big joke here in Bean-town and across the hockey world that your "coach" a guy that played his whole career with his gloves glued to his hands makes any comment on any player's toughness . Your "coach" disgraced what the Habs stand for, Skill, and pride especially on a special night for your franchise. To put on that sideshow on ROY night a guy that singlehandedly won two Cups for your franchise was embarrassing to watch.

I love the roll reversal though It's kind of funny. It must be the new generation of Hab fans, Lowering your hockey standard in what you expect from your team these
days.

Last edited by 4ORRBRUIN: 11-24-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spell
Old
11-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Bruin4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Who invited you here ?
hey hey i come in peace! im not a montreal hater. im one of those lone bruins who has montreal on a "neutral" to "dont mind team". im an avid ottawa senator hater.

Old
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
There is not a person in ALL of hab land that would not LOVE to have Lucic. The problem with the Habs line up all (well not all) skill no brawn. It is a big joke here in Bean-town and across the hockey world that your "coach" a guy that played his whole career with his gloves glued to his hands makes any comment on any player's toughness . Your "coach" disgraced what the Habs stand for, Skill, and pride especially on a special night for your franchise. To put on that sideshow on ROY night a guy that singlehandedly won two Cups for your franchise was embarrassing to watch.

I love the roll reversal though It's kind of funny. It must be the new generation of Hab fans, Lowering your hockey standard in what you expect from your team these
days.
point taken, you can leave now.

Old
11-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

days.
I agree with the first part, Lucic would be welcomed by the majority of us Hab fans. But I think you're being a little dramatic with this comment.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
But seriously, why would he fight BGL? He kicked the crap out of Komisarek, proving he's no sissy.. I think he's smart for choosing his spots wisely.

If that was "kicking the crap" out of Komisarek you need to watch more fights. He got 1 maybe 2 more shots in and got the takedown. Go watch some Laraque videos and his KO's, then come talk about somebody "kicking the crap" out of someone.

I agree that he has nothing to win fighting Laraque. If he ever does he'll do like Charra and Thornton and just hold on and go for the takedown.

Old
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory

Quote:
There is not a person in ALL of hab land that would not LOVE to have Lucic. The problem with the Habs line up all (well not all) skill no brawn. It is a big joke here in Bean-town and across the hockey world that your "coach" a guy that played his whole career with his gloves glued to his hands makes any comment on any player's toughness . Your "coach" disgraced what the Habs stand for, Skill, and pride especially on a special night for your franchise. To put on that sideshow on ROY night a guy that singlehandedly won two Cups for this franchise was embarrassing to watch.

days.
Let's organize a little brawl between roy/carbonneau and julien/thomas. That could be funny.

Old
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
hey hey i come in peace! im not a montreal hater. im one of those lone bruins who has montreal on a "neutral" to "dont mind team". im an avid ottawa senator hater.
Ok, you can stay then... well! for now!

Old
11-24-2008, 06:13 PM
HabsoluteFate

I'm guessing another few Bruins fans and this thread gets locked....

would be nice if threads could be created in which there was a guarantee that another team's fans cannot reply

edit: i guess that would mean no more posting in GDT That would probably take 50% of a mod's work away from them

Old
11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs425 View Post
Let's organize a little brawl between roy/carbonneau and julien/thomas. That could be funny.
Sound good to me.. I'm sure Roy will go not to sure about Carbonneau. I'll take Julien/Thomas for sure ..LOL

Old
11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Old
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Sound good to me.. I'm sure Roy will go not to sure about Carbonneau. I'll take Julien/Thomas for sure ..LOL
well, Julien may order his player not to fight, who knows...

Old
11-24-2008, 06:17 PM
hopkinsj31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Look, would you want Lucic to fight bgl if the shoe was on the other foot?

The only problem I had with lucic was the way he reacted after the komisarek fight. That was disrespectful and against the fighting "code" which laraque is big on.

But lets not make a big deal out of this... its starting to look like the bruins board when they were wondering why komisarek wasn't fighting.
Laraqce has done it before as well, I'm too busy to look up the links, but he fought Ivanans and was waiving his hand in the air, while they were still fighting, also he did the same thing Looch did one game in the playoffs when he tko'd fedoruk.

Him getting all uppity about respesct when he has done it all before is being a ****ing hypocrite.

Old
11-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
well, Julien may order his player not to fight, who knows...
good one

Old
11-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Who invited you here ?
the same guy that invited you to the bruins board

Old
11-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
So Laraque pull a Milan , he suddently found a groin injury the same Day he need to play agains Fritz and the Islanders ?

Old
11-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
So Laraque pull a Milan , he suddently found a groin injury the same Day he need to play agains Fritz and the Islanders ?

its like do as i say dont do what i do kind a thing

Old
11-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If that was "kicking the crap" out of Komisarek you need to watch more fights. He got 1 maybe 2 more shots in and got the takedown. Go watch some Laraque videos and his KO's, then come talk about somebody "kicking the crap" out of someone.
Well listen .... he got the better of Komisarek .. and like it or not.. Mike is out of the lineup for 1 month because of it. All related to a fight against Lucic.

I don't see the point in him fighting BGL, since its big #8 he had a problem with. If he had backed down from Komisarek the next night, sure.. there may be a point there to be made.

Old
11-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsj31 View Post
Laraqce has done it before as well, I'm too busy to look up the links, but he fought Ivanans and was waiving his hand in the air, while they were still fighting, also he did the same thing Looch did one game in the playoffs when he tko'd fedoruk.

Him getting all uppity about respesct when he has done it all before is being a ****ing hypocrite.
He has and no Hab fan can deny that. But the difference is, if anyone challenged Laraque after he would have stepped up.

Now I know that Julien told Lucic that he didn't want him fighting, and I can respect that.

But if you're going to wave your arms in the air after beating someone in a fight. It's an embarrassment to the player you fought, and to his team. So you better be prepared for some added attention the next time the two teams meet.

Switch the situation around. If Komisarek would have beaten Lucic and followed that up by showing him up as he skated to the penalty box. I would fully expect either Chara or Thornton to respond the next time we played you guys.

Old
11-24-2008, 06:31 PM
itscalledhawkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
So Laraque pull a Milan
I am guessing you never had a groin injury, you can't win the RUN FORREST RUN award with a groin injury.

Old
11-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Fritz needed to have x-rays after the fight if im not mistaken. He has longer reach, Big George stayed a little further away. If you'd like to hear George go into details about the fight, theres an audio available.

Closed Thread