HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Thread, March 3rd: Montreal at San Jose.

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
We lost and deserved it. I really hate Dags. He's 6'5" and always lost all the 1 on 1 fight. When a 2nd liner player is your most useless player, that's not a good. I prefer any other Habs player over Dagenais.

Old
03-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Damn, I like watching the Sharks. Good game, there speed is insane and made for an entertaining bout. Looking forward to seeing Kovalev on Friday
Sharks are a great young team, can't wait to watch them in the playoffs

Old
03-04-2004, 12:57 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
Would you let Perreault and Koivu and Zednik....and put kovalev with Ribeiro and Ryder??????

The duo of Ribeiro can,t do everything, Dagenais is just a dead weight to carry...

Perreault seems to be playing better now that he is back on the first line.

Anyway Go Habs Go, u can tie this.
Dags needs to be replaced, I don't know if I have ever seen such a weak big man before. Boullion is half his size and is twice the man when it comes to courage and strength...some of that is needed to make the 2nd unit better. Ryder and Ribs need some talent with them too.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:01 AM
hockey_nut

Why is everyone so down on Dagenais? 22 points (13G, 9A) in 40 games... a +11... he was brought in to score... he's still adjusting, let him adjust.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Habber

Pretty entertaining game. San Jose is a good team and they played well. They have some really good team speed.

We lost this one on special teams and I have to feel sorry for the guys cause the reffing was absolutely pitiful. Consistency is the key to good refereeing and it just wasn't there tonight. You can't play the game properly unless you know what you can get away with and what will be called.

Markov had a super game and Ribs & Ryder also had good games. Too bad they have that usless lump of skin Dagenais on their line.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:05 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
Why is everyone so down on Dagenais? 22 points (13G, 9A) in 40 games... a +11... he was brought in to score... he's still adjusting, let him adjust.
If he can't adjust to the game with his size he never will, he isn't a part of the big picture anyway...so if BG can get some help there I think he will try to get it then.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:05 AM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Pretty entertaining game. San Jose is a good team and they played well. They have some really good team speed.

We lost this one on special teams and I have to feel sorry for the guys cause the reffing was absolutely pitiful. Consistency is the key to good refereeing and it just wasn't there tonight. You can't play the game properly unless you know what you can get away with and what will be called.

Markov had a super game and Ribs & Ryder also had good games. Too bad they have that usless lump of skin Dagenais on their line.
Don't blame the refs. The Habs were lazy for most of the game except the 3rd period and they took really, really stupid penalties. I wanted to throw an apple pie full of spiders in Quintal's face after that cross check :mad: :mad: :mad:

Old
03-04-2004, 01:06 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
If you had to drop 1 player from the line-up Dags is the guy.

Old
Tuggy

Quote:
Maybe he is still adjusting but be honest...how confident are you having him on our 2nd line going into the playoffs?

Personally I would like to see a guy like Jeff Halpern come in. He can play PP, PK and play on Ribeiro's wing. I'm sure he can be had like every other Capital

Old
HF-Addict

Well, imo, from what I saw...Dagenais is screwing up a lot of chances to score and/or keep the pressure against the other team, He also doesn't seem to bring any energy at all. When he does score, his partners do all the job and even if he does get a goal here and there, I dunno if that 1 minute of good play is worth the rest of his ice time where he is floating.... He can't win a 1 v 1 battle!!He is freaking 6"5' ...

As for his stats, I dunno, how many goals are empty netter?

Old
03-04-2004, 01:08 AM
hockey_nut

this is the first time he's really been given the opportunity to step in and perform at the NHL level... it's kind of like having a rookie... let the man adjust, he'll do much better as time moves on.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Zednik

Nah, Dagenais is not NHL caliber. Period.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
Well, imo, from what I saw...Dagenais is screwing up a lot of chances to score and/or keep the pressure against the other team, He also doesn't seem to bring any energy at all. When he does score, his partners do all the job and even if he does get a goal here and there, I dunno if that 1 minute of good play is worth the rest of his ice time where he is floating.... He can't win a 1 v 1 battle!!He is freaking 6"5' ...

As for his stats, I dunno, how many goals are empty netter?
That's one of the biggest problems is his forechecking. The puck gets dumped in and he goes to get it but 9 times out of 10 the defenseman will come up with the puck. That type of play is not going to skate in the playoffs. We need hardworking players that will drive hard into the offensive zone and create turnovers...etc.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:11 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
nope its not a good time for adjusting its a good time to win, dagenias is not even close to 2nd line material!
for all you people who toss sundstroms name around like salad need your heads on straight, his penalty killing waz extreamly missed (he's a solid 3rd line player)
komi waz horrid tonight i dont think he should be on this team this season.
even though Yanic scored tonight he broke enough plays for us as well, i wouldnt put that guy in my second line let alone the first, but that will soon be fixed

overlall we only played 15-20 mins tonight and our speacial teams waz last seen at dino's bar and grill.

they'll take a nice rest and get back to there true form for friday

Old
03-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
Don't blame the refs. The Habs were lazy for most of the game except the 3rd period and they took really, really stupid penalties. I wanted to throw an apple pie full of spiders in Quintal's face after that cross check :mad: :mad: :mad:
I didn't blame the refs, I just said it was bad, which it was.

There were many non-calls for both teams in the offensive zone, and yet they give Zed and Kilger penalties for nothing. They also called a weak one on Davison. My point was they sometimes call the clutching grabbing and sometimes they don't. Very frustrating for the fans and especially the players.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Habsolution

Few thoughts on the game.

-Our special units weren't really special.
-Markov = god
-Theo is inconsistent and played poorly but he's not the reason why we lost
-I like the way we came out in the 3rd, we came close to tying it. Maybe Kovalev would have made a difference ? A 100 % rested Kovalev anyway...
-DISCIPLINE BOYS !
-Quintal was a freaking pylon all night long. A vereran like him who, let's face it, doesn't bring much to the table should know better than to take stupid penalties like that. I wish we had Sean Hill.
-I liked Zednik 2nd and 3rd efforts
-Ryder is so consistent. He rarely has a bad game out there. There's just no way the habs trade this guy. Heart and soul sparkplug.
-Even though he had a good game overall I'm just sick of Perreault, it was about time we moved on to better things.
-Can't wait for Bulis and Sunny to be back. They make a difference out there.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Habber

Quote:
this is the first time he's really been given the opportunity to step in and perform at the NHL level... it's kind of like having a rookie... let the man adjust, he'll do much better as time moves on.
Adjust? It's tough to adjust when you have no skills to adjust. He has a knack to be in the right place at the right time and he can shoot, otherwise he's useless. Bulis will take his spot in the top 6 when he gets back.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:18 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Man I hate this argument (nothing against you :p ).

People always say but it's Ribs and Dagenais' first chance !!!!

NO ! IT'S NOT ! They've had chances to make an impact on a NHL team before. They didn't seize it. Mostly because they had poor work ethics.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:20 AM
Guy Caballero

The Bad News:

1. Theo sucked.
2. The PK sucked.
3. We took too many stupid, unnecessary penalties.
4. The PP sucked.
5. Komisarek is still struggling.
6. Kilger is so bad he makes my eyes bleed.

The Good News:

1. We stayed in it till the end.
2. There aren't many teams faster than us; the sharks happen to be one of them.
3. Markov is in top form.
4. Ryder is looking more like the real deal every game he plays.
5. We'll soon be able to add Souray, Bulis, and Kovalev to the line up we iced tonight!

Old
03-04-2004, 01:22 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Few thoughts on the game.

-Our special units weren't really special.
-Markov = god
-Theo is inconsistent and played poorly but he's not the reason why we lost
-I like the way we came out in the 3rd, we came close to tying it. Maybe Kovalev would have made a difference ? A 100 % rested Kovalev anyway...
-DISCIPLINE BOYS !
-Quintal was a freaking pylon all night long. A vereran like him who, let's face it, doesn't bring much to the table should know better than to take stupid penalties like that. I wish we had Sean Hill.
-I liked Zednik 2nd and 3rd efforts
-Ryder is so consistent. He rarely has a bad game out there. There's just no way the habs trade this guy. Heart and soul sparkplug.
-Even though he had a good game overall I'm just sick of Perreault, it was about time we moved on to better things.
-Can't wait for Bulis and Sunny to be back. They make a difference out there.
well said habsolution,
- i also cant wait for sunny and bully to be back they pack alote technicalities to this team and etch our depth.
-yanic and dagenias are losers and there time is almost up TRUST ME
-dont you miss souray
-kovalev replacing yanic will make a WORLD of diference to the first line!
-is it me or do we need a begin clone?
-good news kilger will leave soon
-last of all they really had an off night it happens once in a while.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:22 AM
hockey_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
5. Komisarek is still struggling.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
Nah, Dagenais is not NHL caliber. Period.
I'm so torn on Dagenais. When I watch him play, I'm usually cursing his lack of mobility, his complete inability to do anything but shoot, and his refusal to use his size...

...then he fires a rocket from slot that nearly blows the back of the net out, giving us a crucial lead, and I know at that point that no one else on the Habs would have been able to do the same.

Tough call. Let's just say I'm grateful for the offense he's given us this year, but that I hope Gainey is looking at different long-term options.

Here's one: Game 7, overtime. Dagenais and Kovalev are breaking in 2-1, Dags is carrying the puck, and the passing lane is open in front of the net. What does he do?

Old
03-04-2004, 01:30 AM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Here's one: Game 7, overtime. Dagenais and Kovalev are breaking in 2-1, Dags is carrying the puck, and the passing lane is open in front of the net. What does he do?
*hopefully that doesn't happen*

He better shoots....he can't pass.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:33 AM
HF-Addict

Ah also, listening to RDS, they were all praising Evgeni for the win...but he wasn't that spectacular, was he?

Habs weren't really threatening and that save against Ryder It wasn't really impressing...

Old
03-04-2004, 01:35 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
lol you scared the shizzle out of me with that line.

anyways he's filling in right now, as is yanic i dont see them playing for us in the playoffs.

think about it when kovalev come there goes yanic, when bulis comes there goes dagenias(though i seriously think BG will trade for a gritty second line winger)

theres absolutly no room at all for them in the not so distant future
this team will look alote diferent in two weeks when a couple of guys return and 1 or 2 no faces later

[yanic and dagenias are not 3rd or 4th line players either]

Closed Thread