HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kalinski recalled

Old
11-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 71
Kalinski recalled

He's listed on the Flyer's roster as number 46:

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?servi...rs&type=roster

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...cid=gam_tra_45
Quote:

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891

The Flyers also made a roster move on Friday, recalling forward Jonathon Kalinski from the Phantoms. Kalinski will be on the fourth line tomorrow night making his NHL debut.

"I'm really excited. It was a little shock here this morning," he said.

Kalinski, 21, has two goals and three assists in 16 games with the Flyers' AHL affiliate this season. He has been assigned uniform number 46.

He is the sixth player to make his NHL debut for the Flyers this season, joining Luca Sbisa, Andreas Nodl, Jared Ross, Darroll Powe and Nate Raduns.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-20-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 12:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
I kinda like Kalinski. If i remember correctly he actually did a pretty good job in preseason. This is probablly just for a precaution though

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 12:42 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
4th liner? i have no problem giving him a cup of coffee.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 02:16 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 9000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I like the recall, he's a good energy player. Plays an up tempo game and always has his feet moving, a lot like Upshall.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 02:52 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
As long as Kukkonen isnt centering the damn line.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Cessna

Kuuuuukks!

Cessna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Whatever.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:03 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I like the recall, he's a good energy player. Plays an up tempo game and always has his feet moving, a lot like Upshall.
Nothing wrong with that. Scottie Upshall does a great job for us, if this dude can play like that, good.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 09:50 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
He's a lot better defensively than Upshall is but worse offensively. Which frankly I think is a very good thing. If Upshall were a defensive forward instead of just an energy guy who can chip in 30pts a season this team would be better off.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:01 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Meh.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:12 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
Meh.
Not to go too far off topic, but I just read somewhere that "Meh" is now officially a word.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:32 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I like this kid. Lets see what happens.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2008, 10:37 PM
phlocky

My response to this: Who cares???? He's on the 4th line, I just hope he's a non-factor. I am hoping more that he doesn't screw things up and cost us a goal or 2 than I am hoping he's a pleasent surprise and scores.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Quellet The Dogs Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
My response to this: Who cares???? He's on the 4th line, I just hope he's a non-factor. I am hoping more that he doesn't screw things up and cost us a goal or 2 than I am hoping he's a pleasent surprise and scores.
Well, that is the goal. I think Ross has been a pleasant surprise this season. He provides a bunch of energy, he can skate, and he isn't a defensive liability. So, in theory, if you're not hurting, you can only be helping. Anything more than that is just a bonus.

But Ross is down because of the cap.

Quellet The Dogs Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 08:54 AM
rayearth

Quote:
Stevens was asked what he explains to rookies before their initial games.

"First, we tell them the puck is the same size and weighs the same," he said. "You still play with five players on each side. I think it's important they understand it's still hockey. We make sure we sit down with them and they're familiar [with the system] and not hesitating or wondering what they should be doing. Our systems are very similar, so we just want them to come out and be the same player. We make sure some of the veteran guys make sure they feel at ease."
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ns_Flyers.html

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Claude Reigns
What offseason?

Quote:
We make sure we sit down with them and they're familiar [with the system] and not hesitating or wondering what they should be doing. Our systems are very similar, so we just want them to come out and be the same player. We make sure some of the veteran guys make sure they feel at ease."
Woah, woah, woah, woah..........we have systems now? Why didn't the Flyers send me a text alert? Did I miss it?

Claude Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
From the article:
Quote:
A section of glass shattered yesterday on a slapshot by Joffrey "Vanilla Thunder" Lupul. . . .

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out View Post
Well, that is the goal. I think Ross has been a pleasant surprise this season. He provides a bunch of energy, he can skate, and he isn't a defensive liability. So, in theory, if you're not hurting, you can only be helping. Anything more than that is just a bonus.

But Ross is down because of the cap.
Thanks for the info...because I was just going to come in this thread and say how surprised I was by this, as Ross played great the past two games...his two best games for the Flyers so far this season.

Could you possibly further explain the details of why he had to be sent down because of the cap? I don't understand. I did just look and see that Ross is at 500k and Kalinski is at 875k, and that certainly doesn't help clarify anything for me.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Thanks for the info...because I was just going to come in this thread and say how surprised I was by this, as Ross played great the past two games...his two best games for the Flyers so far this season.

Could you possibly further explain the details of why he had to be sent down because of the cap? I don't understand. I did just look and see that Ross is at 500k and Kalinski is at 875k, and that certainly doesn't help clarify anything for me.
I understand Ross was sent down during the 4 day break, but this call-up makes no sense. Ross was doing fine and is cheaper on the cap per day. I hate the way this team calls up players.

Old
11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
He's a lot better defensively than Upshall is but worse offensively. Which frankly I think is a very good thing. If Upshall were a defensive forward instead of just an energy guy who can chip in 30pts a season this team would be better off.
Of our regulars, Upshall has the lowest GAON/60 at 1.72 to this point in the season. The year before, the only players on the team better than him in this stat were Dowd, Kapanen, and Coburn amongst the regulars.

Interestingly, Riley Cote is very good in this stat both years...again proving how quality he is in his role for this team.

My point being, Upshall deserves some serious credit defensively...as the opposition doesn't score when he's on the ice.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
My point being, Upshall deserves some serious credit defensively...as the opposition doesn't score when he's on the ice.
That's not logical. Just because other teams don't score often when he's on the ice doesn't mean he himself is good defensively. He tends to spend A LOT of time in the offensive zone when he's on the ice which is a great thing but it doesn't make him good defensively.

Old
11-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Jester

Quote:
That's not logical. Just because other teams don't score often when he's on the ice doesn't mean he himself is good defensively. He tends to spend A LOT of time in the offensive zone when he's on the ice which is a great thing but it doesn't make him good defensively.
When does our team ever spend A LOT of time in the offensive zone? And the key element of "defense?" Keeping the opponent from scoring...

Old
11-21-2008, 03:28 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
When does our team ever spend A LOT of time in the offensive zone? And the key element of "defense?" Keeping the opponent from scoring...
I understand what your saying. But he's not capable of going out there with the game on the line and making a real attempt at shutting down top offensive players. He just isn't and that's what I'm talking about.

Old
11-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Jester

Quote:
I understand what your saying. But he's not capable of going out there with the game on the line and making a real attempt at shutting down top offensive players. He just isn't and that's what I'm talking about.
He's among the first wings I'd want attacking the point defensively...he's fast and he hustles. Two things you need. That stat doesn't materialize mysteriously. 90% of defense (in all sports) is hustle and a willingness to do it...Upshall doesn't really lack in those two areas.

I'm just saying, anointing a guy that has never played a NHL game "better defensively" than a guy on our club who hasn't been on for that many goals against is a tad premature.

Old
11-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

So Kalinski did what last night? I saw him throw a hit at one point in the first period. Good thing we had his awesome defensive prowess out there!