HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some technical clarifications on our roster issues required

Old
11-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Newhabfan

vCash: 500
Some technical clarifications on our roster issues required

I must admit I'm not really an expert in the technical aspects of hockey and one of the reasons I joined this board is because experts do post here I would like to understand Carbonneau's/Gainey's options a little better.

So - can someone summarize our roster situation, as it is right now, answering some precise questions:

1. Who can be sent down to Hamilton, with or without waivers, reentry waivers and all that stuff. What would the waiver issue actually mean - can some team take our player or are we allowed to buy him back ?

2. How do injuries factor in. We have a middle term injury in Komisarek and 2 short term injuries in Latendresse and Laraque. Are we allowed to bring someone from the minors to reach the 23 ?

So my questions is strictly technical. I'm not interested in why we should send this player or call up this other player.

Thanks in advance.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:35 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I must admit I'm not really an expert in the technical aspects of hockey and one of the reasons I joined this board is because experts do post here I would like to understand Carbonneau's/Gainey's options a little better.

So - can someone summarize our roster situation, as it is right now, answering some precise questions:

1. Who can be sent down to Hamilton, with or without waivers, reentry waivers and all that stuff. What would the waiver issue actually mean - can some team take our player or are we allowed to buy him back ?

2. How do injuries factor in. We have a middle term injury in Komisarek and 2 short term injuries in Latendresse and Laraque. Are we allowed to bring someone from the minors to reach the 23 ?

So my questions is strictly technical. I'm not interested in why we should send this player or call up this other player.

Thanks in advance.
1) With waivers anyone on the team can be sent down, only players with a No Movement Clause can't be sent down, and none of our players have that I believe. What that means is that once placed on waivers other teams have a chance to pick up the player off waivers and the Habs would get a small amount of money as compensation. Forget the amounts but it's not much, maybe 50K or 100K off the top of my head.

2) yes we can call up players if someone is on IR (injured reserve) but that callup will count against the cap so if your up against the cap, you don't want to be calling up players when you have enough to cover unless you have to.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote