HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

How to get a girl off your mind?

Old
11-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
How to get a girl off your mind?

First off, I have been dating this girl for a few months now, and she is amazing, funny, and beautiful. She says that she needs time and space, and that I should let her come to me. She apparently has some problems to fix in her life, and only she can fix them. Though, I cant stop thinking about her. I want to call her and check on her, but that would make things worse I think. Although, she says she needs time and space, but then goes to hangout at one of her guy friends college (they're like best friends, but I think I have a right to be a little worried.). Anyways, how do you get a girl off your mind that you are almost positive you love? I am a hip hop artist, and I wrote a few songs which helped stray my mind for a few hours, and I even wrote one about her (not Eminem style, but telling her how much I care for her hehe). She loves my music, and I plan on letting her listen to the song. All I know is she comes home from college this weekend and I really want to see her, but what if she doesn't call? Should I call her? Blah. Im going off topic. How would you get her off your mind for a few days?

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:43 PM
ANTON HIS HOLINESS

vCash: 500
Masturbate to other women

/thread

ANTON HIS HOLINESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Fire Brunet*

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Hang out and flirt with other girls

Don't do anything that you'll regret so before you go out, make sure 'your gun isn't loaded'

Jiri Bicek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:47 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
I think you're a rangers fan, so I can't help. soz

In all seriousness, give it a week and call her

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Dubi Doo

Just realized there was a "girls advice thread". Perhaps I'll put my story in there...=/

Old
11-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Nieds View Post
I think you're a rangers fan, so I can't help. soz

In all seriousness, give it a week and call her
Actually, Im a Sabres fan. hehe=)

Old
11-25-2008, 12:50 PM
DreamCatcher*

Just live in the present moment and not in the past is the only way to ever move on. As soon as you let your mind slip, your will start thinking about her and engage in past memories which will lead to misery.

To be in the present, just be conscious of every action you do, for example, as you type on your keyboard, bring your total awareness (feel, hear, etc.) on the keyboard and concentrate on every word you type.

Slowly, she will be eradicated from your mind.

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Geogaddi

Meet another lady friend.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:53 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Man, I have the same problem as you. I know how it can eat away at you and drive you absolutely insane.

I'll give you some advice that mmbit gave me in my epic relationship thread. Go out and get a life. (not as crass as it sounds). Go do things that make you happy. Get a hobby and keep busy. Something...anything that will take your mind off her.

From the sounds of it, things are going well with you and the girl, so don't do anything that could jeopardize it. She's already told you that she will come to you when she's ready, so just think of that. Know in your mind that she has committed to coming to you. It's in her mind as well. At least you don't have to decide on your own to give her space because you THINK that's what she needs/wants, and that you're HOPING she'll pick up on it and come to you eventually. You already KNOW that she will come to you, so you're ahead of the game.

It's funny because I couldn't follow this advice myself, but trust me, it is what's best. Chin up.

11-25-2008, 01:01 PM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
First off, I have been dating this girl for a few months now, and she is amazing, funny, and beautiful. She says that she needs time and space, and that I should let her come to me. She apparently has some problems to fix in her life, and only she can fix them. Though, I cant stop thinking about her. I want to call her and check on her, but that would make things worse I think. Although, she says she needs time and space, but then goes to hangout at one of her guy friends college (they're like best friends, but I think I have a right to be a little worried.). Anyways, how do you get a girl off your mind that you are almost positive you love? I am a hip hop artist, and I wrote a few songs which helped stray my mind for a few hours, and I even wrote one about her (not Eminem style, but telling her how much I care for her hehe). She loves my music, and I plan on letting her listen to the song. All I know is she comes home from college this weekend and I really want to see her, but what if she doesn't call? Should I call her? Blah. Im going off topic. How would you get her off your mind for a few days?

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pauser View Post
Man, I have the same problem as you. I know how it can eat away at you and drive you absolutely insane.

I'll give you some advice that mmbit gave me in my epic relationship thread. Go out and get a life. (not as crass as it sounds). Go do things that make you happy. Get a hobby and keep busy. Something...anything that will take your mind off her.

From the sounds of it, things are going well with you and the girl, so don't do anything that could jeopardize it. She's already told you that she will come to you when she's ready, so just think of that. Know in your mind that she has committed to coming to you. It's in her mind as well. At least you don't have to decide on your own to give her space because you THINK that's what she needs/wants, and that you're HOPING she'll pick up on it and come to you eventually. You already KNOW that she will come to you, so you're ahead of the game.

It's funny because I couldn't follow this advice myself, but trust me, it is what's best. Chin up.
Yea man, I was reading that thread and was like "Wow, almost what Im going through". I think me and her are a little further in at this point, though. If I read correctly you've been on 2 dates with your girl? We've been on a bunch (been together for 3-4 months), and she told me that the only way we break up is A) If I cheated on her(which I would never do) or B) If I left. She told me she has never felt this way about a guy, and that I am the most important person in her life. We tell eachother we love each other, and not that American couple crap where you just say it to say it, but we mean it. I think Ill give her space, though. Seems to be the best option. Since we are going through the same scenario I may stop in on your thread and keep updates, and may be what I do could help you, and what you do could help me. Since, you know, were both in the same scenario. =)

Old
11-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
I've been that route man. I'll be damned if I go back to it. hehe

Old
11-25-2008, 01:11 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Yea man, I was reading that thread and was like "Wow, almost what Im going through". I think me and her are a little further in at this point, though. If I read correctly you've been on 2 dates with your girl? We've been on a bunch (been together for 3-4 months), and she told me that the only way we break up is A) If I cheated on her(which I would never do) or B) If I left. She told me she has never felt this way about a guy, and that I am the most important person in her life. We tell eachother we love each other, and not that American couple crap where you just say it to say it, but we mean it. I think Ill give her space, though. Seems to be the best option. Since we are going through the same crap, I may stop in on your thread and keep updates, and may be what I do could help you, and what you do could help me. Since, you know, were both in the same scenario. =)
Yeah, definitely give her space, although be smart too. Just because she says she won't leave you doesn't mean it's necessarily true. I've heard that in the past and that relationship only lasted 2 years (ONLY..pfft). But it does sound like you and her are close, so there's no harm in giving space. The most successful relationships are those in which there is trust from both ends, and both parties feel as if they can breathe and accomplish things in their lives, while sharing their lives with their partner. If you can get through this it'll only make your relationship much stronger and healthier.

And my situation is pretty much dead now. Last week she told me she's seeing someone and that's why she couldn't go with me to that fancy dinner/movie on the weekend. Haven't talked to her since (I'm waiting for her to come to me whenever she wants to talk, even as just friends or whatever). I figure, if I stop going to her then maybe, if she did have feelings for me, she'll start to miss me and then we'll see what happens. If not, well then it wasn't really going to work out/meant to be anyways I guess.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:12 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
Works for me

Old
11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pauser View Post
Yeah, definitely give her space, although be smart too. Just because she says she won't leave you doesn't mean it's necessarily true. I've heard that in the past and that relationship only lasted 2 years (ONLY..pfft). But it does sound like you and her are close, so there's no harm in giving space. The most successful relationships are those in which there is trust from both ends, and both parties feel as if they can breathe and accomplish things in their lives, while sharing their lives with their partner. If you can get through this it'll only make your relationship much stronger and healthier.

And my situation is pretty much dead now. Last week she told me she's seeing someone and that's why she couldn't go with me to that fancy dinner/movie on the weekend. Haven't talked to her since (I'm waiting for her to come to me whenever she wants to talk, even as just friends or whatever). I figure, if I stop going to her then maybe, if she did have feelings for me, she'll start to miss me and then we'll see what happens. If not, well then it wasn't really going to work out/meant to be anyways I guess.
Thats cool man. Thanks for the advice. This is my first REAL relationship (I've been on a few dates, and accomplished a few more one night stands or friends with benefits, but I've never felt this was about a girl.). I hope things work out for you and that girl. If not, just know that there are millions of guys going through the same ****, and most of them end up happy after it's all said and done. =)

Old
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
tylerbear*

exercise.

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindupbird View Post
exercise.
Not a bad idea. This may sound strange, but this forum is actually really good at taking my mind off of it, and making me feel better about the whole situation. I never was one to get to much into forum, more for news and what not, but I really enjoy this one. Music+Hfboards= Time genocide! =)

Old
11-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Tek_Jansen

Send a message via AIM to Tek_Jansen
I always find it pretty hard to get a girl off my mind, go play hockey or something.

Tek_Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:25 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Take a rip from the bong, that will stop you from thinking about her...and everything else except for food.

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:26 PM
tylerbear*

Quote:
Not a bad idea. This may sound strange, but this forum is actually really good at taking my mind off of it, and making me feel better about the whole situation. I never was one to get to much into forum, more for news and what not, but I really enjoy this one. Music+Hfboards= Time genocide! =)
Yeah, exercise worked for me back in the day. It gets your mind off it, and you slowly get into great shape.

I also watched a ton of Seinfeld.

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
Take a rip from the bong, that will stop you from thinking about her...and everything else except for food.
Like I said, Im trying not to use drugs as a scapegoat to my problems. I've already done that once in my life, and found out it only created much bigger problems. I still drink once or twice a week, and still "take a rip from the bong" once or twice a month, but thats because Im doing it for a good time, not as a way to escape from my problems. I'd rather fight my problems with a sober mind. May be thats just me though. =/

Old
11-25-2008, 01:36 PM
The Rock

Watching the Wonder Years usually works for me. That damn little p*ssy-faced kid battling through his own growing pains always made me feel better about myself.

The Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 01:49 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Yeah this place is great to pass time. There's a lot of cool members on here and a lot of good discussion.