HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton and Toronto

Old
11-25-2008, 09:38 PM
chef223

vCash: 500
Edmonton and Toronto

Since there is rumors of Montreal looking at Schremp , meaning he could be on the block and there is unhappiness with Penner. What about the Leafs trading Poni, Toskala, and White for Garon, Penner and Schremp. There is a lot of possibilities with Toronto and Edmonton making moves , minus Hemsky, Gagner , Cogliano I think that Edmonton would be willing to move any forward for the right price. Antropov, Stajan, Poni, White , Toskala are all available for the right deal.

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
Since there is rumors of Montreal looking at Schremp , meaning he could be on the block and there is unhappiness with Penner. What about the Leafs trading Poni, Toskala, and White for Garon, Penner and Schremp. There is a lot of possibilities with Toronto and Edmonton making moves , minus Hemsky, Gagner , Cogliano I think that Edmonton would be willing to move any forward for the right price. Antropov, Stajan, Poni, White , Toskala are all available for the right deal.
Where does Toronto sign?

Lobstertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 09:53 PM
chef223

Wouldn't it be funny if Penner went back to a Burke managed team and then lit it up again. Also, if Brian is in office I can't see him dealing with Lowe.

Old
11-25-2008, 09:55 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

ek just wrote that 3 scouts from edmonton were at the toronto game??

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 09:56 PM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Wouldn't it be funny if Penner went back to a Burke managed team and then lit it up again. Also, if Brian is in office I can't see him dealing with Lowe.

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
chef223

Did he really that's funny On the Edmonton boards they are saying the most moveable players are Roloson, Schremp and Penner. Roloson and Garon are both UFA's next year and Toskala is not looking great right now , but is better then both Garon and Roloson. Edmonton needs a starting goalie who can lead them to the playoffs , because let's face it they have a much more talented team then the Maple Leafs. The Leafs could play out Roloson or Garon this year as long as they get back something of value in return hence Penner and Schremp. I wonder what it would cost for Edmonton to consider moving Gagner or Cogliano , Kaberle mabye to start??

Old
11-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Did he really that's funny On the Edmonton boards they are saying the most moveable players are Roloson, Schremp and Penner. Roloson and Garon are both UFA's next year and Toskala is not looking great right now , but is better then both Garon and Roloson. Edmonton needs a starting goalie who can lead them to the playoffs , because let's face it they have a much more talented team then the Maple Leafs. The Leafs could play out Roloson or Garon this year as long as they get back something of value in return hence Penner and Schremp. I wonder what it would cost for Edmonton to consider moving Gagner or Cogliano , Kaberle mabye to start??
Toskala hasn't played better than Garon this season or last.

As for moving Gagner or Cogliano to the leafs. To be honest not alot I'd be interested. I'm a big fan of Kaberle, but with Souray, Visnovsky, Gilbert, and Grebeshkov the Oilers are pretty much loaded with offensive d-men, and can't really afford to add another 4+ mil player on the blue line.

Quote:
Tambellini is the GM now, not Lowe. And unless I'm mistaken Tambellini and Burke are friends. They worked together for a number of years in Vancouver.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:46 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
ek just wrote that 3 scouts from edmonton were at the toronto game??
What you mean is there were 3 edmonton scouts at the Atlanta game. Looking at Atlanta's talent.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:51 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
What you mean is there were 3 edmonton scouts at the Atlanta game. Looking at Atlanta's talent.
It was the Atlanta vs. Toronto game. How could anyone say they were only looking at one team or the other?

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Kirk Maltby*

Quote:
Steve Tambellini is the GM in Edmonton now, Lowe bumped up to President.

My Trade suggestion is Poni and Blake for Penner and Schremp.

Kirk Maltby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:32 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey guido View Post
Steve Tambellini is the GM in Edmonton now, Lowe bumped up to President.

My Trade suggestion is Poni and Blake for Penner and Schremp.
Doesn't make sense from an Edmonton perspective - can't take on 2m of salary, and with Ponikarovsky being a RW, and Edmonton already has Hemsky, Cole, Gagner, and a goon on right wing.

Poni doesn't fit, and Edmonton's not interested in Blake's contract.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Kirk Maltby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Doesn't make sense from an Edmonton perspective - can't take on 2m of salary, and with Ponikarovsky being a RW, and Edmonton already has Hemsky, Cole, Gagner, and a goon on right wing.

Poni doesn't fit, and Edmonton's not interested in Blake's contract.
It's Penner's bad contract for Blake's bad contract and Schremp who has low trade value for Poni who has better trade value but makes up for the age gap between Blake and Penner. BTW Poni is a left winger playing right wing due to lack of right handed shots.

Old
11-25-2008, 11:46 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
It's Penner's bad contract for Blake's bad contract and Schremp who has low trade value for Poni who has better trade value but makes up for the age gap between Blake and Penner. BTW Poni is a left winger playing right wing due to lack of right handed shots.
I would rather have Penner's bad contract then Blake's bad contract. I would also have Penner in the dressing room then Blake(is he a cancer in the dressing room?) Also, who's contract is longer/more $?
*maybe, this is just me being a homer though, being a Oilers fan.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:46 PM
victor

Quote:
If it's really Penner for Blake, Edmonton would keep Penner (big screen on the PP, can play PK, and hasn't been as bad as others on the team.)

Schremp and O'Marra for Poni?

Last edited by victor: 11-25-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added O'Marra
victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:48 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Just to get rid of Penner, I doubt Lowe would even say a thing, he'd just let Tamby do the talking and get it done. Not that I think Edmonton should trade for Blake, but he seems like he would be a great fit there based on his style of play. He's a solid 2-way player that skates very well and can score goals. He's not a fat ass that reports to a team out of shape.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Kirk Maltby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
I would rather have Penner's bad contract then Blake's bad contract. I would also have Penner in the dressing room then Blake(is he a cancer in the dressing room?) Also, who's contract is longer/more $?
*maybe, this is just me being a homer though, being a Oilers fan.
Blake offers more speed and work ethic, the money is the same.

Quote:
If it's really Penner for Blake, Edmonton would keep Penner (big screen on the PP, can play PK, and hasn't been as bad as others on the team.)

I would do the Schremp O'Marra for Poni deal.

Old
11-26-2008, 12:05 AM
Heist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
It was the Atlanta vs. Toronto game. How could anyone say they were only looking at one team or the other?
It's more likely. Atlanta recently had scouts at 3 Oiler games.

Quote:
I would love to have Kaberle on the Oilers but Visnovsky's been great, and there really isn't a huge need. To be honest I don't think either of them would ever be available, especially while on entry level contracts.

Heist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:33 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Blake offers more speed and work ethic, the money is the same.

I would do the Schremp O'Marra for Poni deal.
If the oilers had room on their roster, so would they.

DousedInOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 02:21 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:

PENNER for Blake--LOL-- NO one will touch Blake with his horrible to contract.

Poni is the new Carlo C for leaf fans--convinced they will get more for him then they will. The core of the Carlo deal was Steen for the Blues players. Carlo was fodder.

While Poni on paper looks like an interesting player, I find that he falls into the catagory of a player on a struggling team that gets lots of icetime. He is one of those players that get drafted in the mid to late rounds of fant pools cause someone on that team will get points. Poni on the oilers would be a third liner and would see his point total fall and his defensive problems would become more evident

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 02:54 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I would love to have Kaberle on the Oilers but Visnovsky's been great, and there really isn't a huge need. To be honest I don't think either of them would ever be available, especially while on entry level contracts.
Visnovsky does everything Kaberle does. They are virtually the same player, except Visnovsky isn't mired in a brutal season.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 03:56 AM
voxel

Nobody wants Blake. Penner's contract is bad, but he's not costing the team games nor is he taking a soft-minute slot from another player.

I'd do Schremp for a 2nd and end the circus around him.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Visnovsky does everything Kaberle does. They are virtually the same player, except Visnovsky isn't mired in a brutal season.
Kaberle isn't exactly having a brutal season... he's on pace for nearly 60 points.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 07:05 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
I can't see Burke doing K'Lowes team any favours. That being taking Penner off their hands...unless of course the deal is in favor of the Leafs.

If Burke didn't have any problems in dealing with Tambellini, the OP had a pretty decent proposal.

I know Toskala isn't playing all tht hot right now, but at least he's playing. Garon, isn't he currently Edmonton's 3rd string goalie? Isn't Roloson and Deslauriers ahead of him currrently?

IMO if Burke was to even consider deaing with Edmonton, they would have to sweeten the pot a little.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 07:11 AM
glucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Kaberle isn't exactly having a brutal season... he's on pace for nearly 60 points.
what's the use of a defenseman getting you 60 points when 80 are being scored against you when he's on the ice?

He's been BRUTAL thus far... with maybe 1 or 2 good games this season

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Kirk Maltby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil devil View Post
PENNER for Blake--LOL-- NO one will touch Blake with his horrible to contract.

Poni is the new Carlo C for leaf fans--convinced they will get more for him then they will. The core of the Carlo deal was Steen for the Blues players. Carlo was fodder.

While Poni on paper looks like an interesting player, I find that he falls into the catagory of a player on a struggling team that gets lots of icetime. He is one of those players that get drafted in the mid to late rounds of fant pools cause someone on that team will get points. Poni on the oilers would be a third liner and would see his point total fall and his defensive problems would become more evident
Penner has an equally terrible contract in comparison to Blake and without. Your assessment of Poni is off, I'd take Poni over Penner in a heartbeat.