HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radek Dvorak

Old
11-25-2008, 10:08 PM
booclues

vCash: 500
Radek Dvorak

Oiler Fan:

How Dvo played for you guys?

Maybe not the scorer he was thought to be, but has he done much else for you guys?

booclues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Half the people here are ready to ship him out. I've always been a fan, good PKer.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:24 PM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Half the people here are ready to ship him out. I've always been a fan, good PKer.
I second that. He doesn't put up great numbers, but he contributes to the lower two lines, by constantly skating hard and playing with heart. I haven't seen him take a shift off.

jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by booclues View Post
Oiler Fan:

How Dvo played for you guys?

Maybe not the scorer he was thought to be, but has he done much else for you guys?
Yeah he's pretty worthless. You know a guy isn't doing much when his best attribute is his PK abilities.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 11:04 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Yeah he's pretty worthless. You know a guy isn't doing much when his best attribute is his PK abilities.
Yep, scoring is all that matters.

We should trade T-Vo and Andy for some scoring. Same with all our defensemen. Trade up for some good scoring and we'll be the best team in the NHL.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:00 AM
GoRatsGo
LGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post

Yup. Campbell sucks too, huh?

-hoax15 (didn't feel like signing out)

GoRatsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:22 AM
VAiN*
Infractions are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocatsgo538 View Post
Yup. Campbell sucks too, huh?
Well, he's decent on the Panthers... which isn't saying much. Overall, I don't think he's anything special.

VAiN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:22 AM
VAiN*
Infractions are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Yep, scoring is all that matters.

We should trade T-Vo and Andy for some scoring. Same with all our defensemen. Trade up for some good scoring and we'll be the best team in the NHL.
Wow... way to keep things in perspective.

Old
11-26-2008, 09:29 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
Wow... way to keep things in perspective.
no, i think it was appropriate. we've got some posters that believe a hockey team should be made up of a 1st line and 3 2nd lines; that if you aren't scoring 20 goals, you're worthless. responses like this won't disabuse them of the notion but maybe they'll provide incentive to stop posting that garbage

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
no, i think it was appropriate. we've got some posters that believe a hockey team should be made up of a 1st line and 3 2nd lines; that if you aren't scoring 20 goals, you're worthless. responses like this won't disabuse them of the notion but maybe they'll provide incentive to stop posting that garbage
No. The problem that makes Dvo so hated by some is that he's possibly the best player the Panthers have when it comes to the ability to get breakaway scoring chances, especially shorthanded...but the worst the team has when it comes to the ability to convert those breakaway chances. He's all speed and offensive awareness, but lacks any scoring skills.

The frustration at seeing him blow chance after chance often makes people forget that he's a very good utility player and actually is a decent player to have around.

11-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Always liked him.. good for bottom line but makes wee bit too much for his role as his hands are stone.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:40 AM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
No. The problem that makes Dvo so hated by some is that he's possibly the best player the Panthers have when it comes to the ability to get breakaway scoring chances, especially shorthanded...but the worst the team has when it comes to the ability to convert those breakaway chances. He's all speed and offensive awareness, but lacks any scoring skills.

The frustration at seeing him blow chance after chance often makes people forget that he's a very good utility player and actually is a decent player to have around.
That is exactly right. His offensive instincts are underrated. I would even like to see him play the power play once or twice, just to see if he can at least see some options (given the team's overall lack of vision on the power play). Perhaps have him take Bo's spot, since (1) Bo isn't doing much on the power play, (2) Dvorak is roughly as fast as Bo is, and (3) Dvorak has more offensive awareness than Bo does.

Again: this is just an experiment; I don't by any means suggest that this be a permanent adjustment. Besides, our power play can't get much worse than it already is.

jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
Good PK'er but can't ever clear the zone. I have counted over 35+ times this season that he has failed to get the puck out of the zone. Most of the time his clears are too soft other times he puts the puck off the boards right to the opposing teams defender. While I admire his speed, he's like zednik... same moves which always results in nothing.

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:01 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
Good PK'er but can't ever clear the zone. I have counted over 35+ times this season that he has failed to get the puck out of the zone. Most of the time his clears are too soft other times he puts the puck off the boards right to the opposing teams defender. While I admire his speed, he's like zednik... same moves which always results in nothing.
And worse than that he turns the puck over far too much in our own zone. He's been terrible this year IMO.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
His speed is killer. It let's him get to pucks faster and get more offensive opportunities. Unfortunately he can't finish those chances. If Dvo had more scoring ability he'd be a perennial 20-goal man.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post

ok, so that explains dvo. what about the other role guys who constantly get labeled as worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
And worse than that he turns the puck over far too much in our own zone. He's been terrible this year IMO.
well, that's what the poster was referring to. he has not been the only one guilty of that, tho. not by a long shot.

Old
11-26-2008, 12:53 PM
harv3317

hagman was like dvo when he was here. he couldn't finish and kennan decided to give him to dallas for a 5th round pick. one of keenan's excellent moves ie. boyle, luongo, huselius, etc. anyway hags turned the corner. d'voe wont he's been around too long and has reached his peak!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 01:03 PM
VAiN*
Infractions are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
I would think that based on the responses, the majority find Dvo to be fairly useless.

But to my point, the thread is about Dvo, not your personal battle with posters that would like to see a team stacked with talent.

Old
11-26-2008, 02:10 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
I would think that based on the responses, the majority find Dvo to be fairly useless.

But to my point, the thread is about Dvo, not your personal battle with posters that would like to see a team stacked with talent.
they are one in the same, don't you see? you aren't going to get reasonable responses from folks who don't understand the concept of a role player.