HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Did anyone hear Sutter talk to Kerr, NOV 26th

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2008, 10:06 AM
  #1
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Did anyone hear Sutter talk to Kerr, NOV 26th

..on the Fan?

I caught about half of the interview I think...I was just wondering what else he said...

Here are the things I heard Darryl say:

-When asked about the Coaching he said that he was happy lately. He said that in today's game X's and O's are everything. He basically reiterated the term X's and O's like 5 times, saying that coaching in today's game is all about having a good enough system drawn up to win games. He seemed to think this was beginning to happen. I agree that since the Sharks debacale Keenan has made real strides in this area.
- He commented on Quad cities saying that Keetley was playing really well at the beginning and more recently Leland had been playing well.
- He said that Ryan Wilson was their best defencemen on the farm and that he could play in the NHL right now. He said that Wilson had to get use to the shifts and intensity of the Pro game but that that is coming along very nicely.

Anyway I didn't really catch anything else....just wondering if anyone knows what else he said...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:13 AM
  #2
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
Anyway I didn't really catch anything else....just wondering if anyone knows what else he said...

http://www.fan960.com/media.jsp?cont...6_202225_14188

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:18 AM
  #3
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Oh sweet, I wondered if it was streamed...thanks..

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:29 PM
  #4
flamesfan12
Registered User
 
flamesfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Beaumont
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
He said that Ryan Wilson was their best defencemen on the farm and that he could play in the NHL right now. He said that Wilson had to get use to the shifts and intensity of the Pro game but that that is coming along very nicely.
Interesting. Nice to hear though. Wonder who would get the call up if we ended up needing a defenceman.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:27 PM
  #5
PIMking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Country: Germany
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
..on the Fan?

I caught about half of the interview I think...I was just wondering what else he said...

Here are the things I heard Darryl say:

-When asked about the Coaching he said that he was happy lately. He said that in today's game X's and O's are everything. He basically reiterated the term X's and O's like 5 times, saying that coaching in today's game is all about having a good enough system drawn up to win games. He seemed to think this was beginning to happen. I agree that since the Sharks debacale Keenan has made real strides in this area.
- He commented on Quad cities saying that Keetley was playing really well at the beginning and more recently Leland had been playing well.
- He said that Ryan Wilson was their best defencemen on the farm and that he could play in the NHL right now. He said that Wilson had to get use to the shifts and intensity of the Pro game but that that is coming along very nicely.

Anyway I didn't really catch anything else....just wondering if anyone knows what else he said...
Not Lelande, Irving.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:29 PM
  #6
PIMking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Country: Germany
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Interesting. Nice to hear though. Wonder who would get the call up if we ended up needing a defenceman.
I would say Pelech first. we all know sutter and players are not just going to get the call they have to earn it and well Pelech would be the first. Palin should be but he would have to pass through waivers on the way back down but he is the best Defenceman down here.

I do like Wilson and He needs to clean up his skating and he will be a force in the ahl by the end of the year.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:49 PM
  #7
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Not Lelande, Irving.
HUh? I wasn't refering to KEVIN LALANDE....I was refering to LELAND IRVING....and so I called him by his first name...LELAND....

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:50 PM
  #8
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I would say Pelech first. we all know sutter and players are not just going to get the call they have to earn it and well Pelech would be the first. Palin should be but he would have to pass through waivers on the way back down but he is the best Defenceman down here.

I do like Wilson and He needs to clean up his skating and he will be a force in the ahl by the end of the year.
Yah I mean I agree about Wilson/Pelech...

Wilson has some really nice offensive upside....but he is only a couple of months into his pro debut...I would certainly think that Pelech would be an earlier call up...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 05:24 PM
  #9
borr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
If Palin is the best defenceman down on the farm according to PimKing , then he should be the call up guy whether he has to clear waivers or not. In Sutters words , the farm is a development team for us, so why would he not bring him up to give him a shot, and at the same time showcase him to other teams if he is not in Sutters plans.

borr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:14 PM
  #10
PIMking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Country: Germany
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by borr View Post
If Palin is the best defenceman down on the farm according to PimKing , then he should be the call up guy whether he has to clear waivers or not. In Sutters words , the farm is a development team for us, so why would he not bring him up to give him a shot, and at the same time showcase him to other teams if he is not in Sutters plans.
Yeah thats been the talk down here when the call up were being talked about. but no one is talking about palin up in calgary. I think sutter doesnt want him and hes a ahler for life.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:14 PM
  #11
PIMking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Country: Germany
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
HUh? I wasn't refering to KEVIN LALANDE....I was refering to LELAND IRVING....and so I called him by his first name...LELAND....
sorry, I reread it and noticed that sorry.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.