HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/26/08 "With A Side Of Turducken" - Devils VS. Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2008, 10:10 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
our pp has to score in OT
You can put McCabe, Ballard, Frolik, Weiss, Kreps, and hell, even Welch on the PP on the point, all before Bouw. It's terrible, how do you turn it over on a 4 on 3. That didn't lose us the game but what an idiot. It's sad, we have no talent and it shows. Frolik, Weiss, and Booth are the three guys on offense that are enjoyable to watch. Unfortunately Olesz is looking closer to McLean, Dvo, etc... types than he is to a productive offensive player. I think he learned too much from Stumpel

Old
11-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Great job to come back at take a point. I always say that a team shouldn't win if they don't score on a 5-on-3 and that remains the case. Not to mention not scoring with a powerplay in overtime as well. Wish they tried something more than to just look for a McCabe slapper from the point.

It's always a riot to read posts on this board. We worked very hard to come back tonight, against another team we don't do well against and this is the worst game ever? Yikes.

-ghoste

Old
11-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Andersson Had to stop that puck
LOL. Seriously, Andy played a great game, but right after the goal McLean was looking back and raised his arms as if to get an answer from anybody about how that went in. He's like, "what the F happened?" I thought that was hilarious. As a Panther fan, you have to find the humor in every situation. Every point we lose though brings us closer to Tavares/Hedman.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:14 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
LOL. Seriously, Andy played a great game, but right after the goal McLean was looking back and raised his arms as if to get an answer from anybody about how that went in. He's like, "what the F happened?" I thought that was hilarious. As a Panther fan, you have to find the humor in every situation. Every point we lose though brings us closer to Tavares/Hedman.
God knows Tavares and Hedman are all we can hope for with this team. I really hope we trade Bouw asap and get something productive......and more intelligent, than him.

Old
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Wow, if Horton is out for any substantial amount of time.......welcome to Florida JT or Victor.

Old
sinDer

I may sound weird...but I think Bouwmeester shouldn't play on the PP, not on the first unit at least

I mean...My sister could shoot the puck harder than him

He can't even hit the net when he shoots.

He's not helping this team that much right now.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
You can put McCabe, Ballard, Frolik, Weiss, Kreps, and hell, even Welch on the PP on the point, all before Bouw. It's terrible, how do you turn it over on a 4 on 3. That didn't lose us the game but what an idiot. It's sad, we have no talent and it shows. Frolik, Weiss, and Booth are the three guys on offense that are enjoyable to watch. Unfortunately Olesz is looking closer to McLean, Dvo, etc... types than he is to a productive offensive player. I think he learned too much from Stumpel
I know, I think Weiss should be playing up top beside McCabe.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

This team truly needs a sniper. It would do wonders. Bouw needs to be traded NOW. We are only 21 games in, we cant wait until the deadline.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:20 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

I am really curious how this team comes out on Friday.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Agreed. But we came away with a point. And I don't think there's anyone on the board that wouldn't have been delighted with a point at the beginning of the game.

More important, they didn't give up. There have been lots of comments--rightfully so--on this forum about the Panthers doing just that. So we should certainly give them credit when they keep battling, and even though not playing well, still get a point.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:44 PM
PanthersRule96

Agreed, we need a shooter so badly it hurts. Frolik looks good with the puck but I feel like he's being limited with what he can do. Idk if that's because of DeBoer, or because of his own getting comfortable, but he's one of our best passers, for sure our best stickhandler on the team, and you can just see in his stride that he will be a good player for us in teh future. He has "it" when he's skating around on the powerplay, the same swagger or style that the best players in the league have. No one else on this roster has that on the powerplay or even strength. He's turning the puck over a bit but that's because he's having to force plays because of his inept linemates. I'm very excited for his future.

Unfortunately, Rochester lost (again) as well. Matthias and Repik were both pointless. When is Shawn going to wake up and start putting points in? If he doesn't "deal well with being demoted" then he needs to grow the eff up.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:47 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
This team truly needs a sniper. It would do wonders. Bouw needs to be traded NOW. We are only 21 games in, we cant wait until the deadline.
Betcha Martin waits until the deadline or right before thinking he can "get a king's ransom" for him. We're not going to get a great package and I'm already preparing myself to be disappointed. I'd love a couple great young forwards but it won't happen. We're going to get someone like Zajac, Bergfors/Tedenby/Halischuk, a mediocre dman, and a pick back for Bouwmeester (if we were dealing with NJ for example.) I'd expect one young second liner with some potential still left, a good but not unbelievable prospect, someone to fill in on defense, and a 1st round pick.

Old
11-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Montsy14

Bottom line is that we are in trouble, Horton isn't anywhere near where he should be right now. Stewart is a bust, Bouw will be traded. The only good things we have going for us right now is Booth and maybe Frolik offensively.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:05 PM
canadashawn

This team played a terrible game, and I am upset they got 1 point. I know they will "take the 1 point" and "build on this". Pathetic. We are an AHL team at best. We have no offense.

JM has to go immediately. Lets hope Horton is out for the season. He wont be missed.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Agreed about Frolik. It's my first year following the team and I've enjoyed seeing him improve with every game. He should be a lot of fun to watch in the future--especially if he's surrounded by some talent.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Z0S0
Gomie is my Homie

Send a message via MSN to Z0S0
I just want to say Booth over the last 2 years has become my 3rd favourite player in the NHL right behind Rick Nash and tied with Alex Ovechkin. The guy is awesome my friends dont understand why I like him so much I even bet one of them 5 bucks for every goal he scored one night, he scored 3 lol. Im pulling for him to score 40 goals this year....it would also help my fantasy team lol. You guys got an amazing player....I wish he was a Leaf oh well. Go Booth.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:19 PM
PanthersRule96

I'm kind of annoyed they got that point, not going to lie. They totally didn't deserve it. They can't function as a unit. Either the goalie sucks when everyone else is okay, or more often, everyone sucks together. Okay, maybe I lied, they do function as a unit, just a really bad one, all horrible together (save for the outliers in Booth and Frolik, (and ocassionally Weiss)).

Old
11-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogge4Life View Post
I just want to say Booth over the last 2 years has become my 3rd favourite player in the NHL right behind Rick Nash and tied with Alex Ovechkin. The guy is awesome my friends dont understand why I like him so much I even bet one of them 5 bucks for every goal he scored one night, he scored 3 lol. Im pulling for him to score 40 goals this year....it would also help my fantasy team lol. You guys got an amazing player....I wish he was a Leaf oh well. Go Booth.
He is a fun player to watch, although in all due respect to him, there is no way he should be leading an NHL team in goal scoring. Awesome secondary scorer, may be turning into a 30 goal guy, but we can't be relying on this kid night in and night out and that displays how desperate the panthers are for a scorer.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:22 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogge4Life View Post
I love the kid, he's great. He's improved so much and he just throws the puck at the net and is relentless. He's not a great sniper but he just hustles, bangs, and puts pucks in. He's even had some shots this year that goes against me saying he isn't a sniper. I've been shocked at him picking some corners, but it's a pleasant surprise. Most of his goals seem to come with just catching the goalie in an awkward spot low blocker or "six-hole" or whatever, but a goal is a goal and I love the way he plays. If everyone played with his heart, this team would be unbelievable.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:26 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
He is a fun player to watch, although in all due respect to him, there is no way he should be leading an NHL team in goal scoring. Awesome secondary scorer, may be turning into a 30 goal guy, but we can't be relying on this kid night in and night out and that displays how desperate the panthers are for a scorer.
Agreed, we ruined Jokinen sort of by making him carry the team. The increased pressure helped him find himself and turn into a player, but he wasn't the type of guy to rely on to lead your franchise. It's great now because Booth's exceeding expectations, but once he sets a 30, 35, or whatever goal mark, we're going to start relying on him to do it again and looking to him to be a big offensive leader. We need to get people to do it on the first line that are true scorers and let Booth blossom on the 2nd line as a phenomenal secondary scorer.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:29 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Question: Did anyone else yell twice about fuc*in time while shaking their head when Bou scored. It's funny because they showed him after I did that...and he had about the same emotion level as I did sitting on my bed at home watching the game He knows it too Probably reads these boards.

Man when Booooth scored I was pumped. I think I'm switching back to my Markstrom sign. Horton is embarassing.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Agreed, we ruined Jokinen sort of by making him carry the team. The increased pressure helped him find himself and turn into a player, but he wasn't the type of guy to rely on to lead your franchise. It's great now because Booth's exceeding expectations, but once he sets a 30, 35, or whatever goal mark, we're going to start relying on him to do it again and looking to him to be a big offensive leader. We need to get people to do it on the first line that are true scorers and let Booth blossom on the 2nd line as a phenomenal secondary scorer.
Well, right now Horton is suffering from not having Stillman in the line-up, but Horton is supposed to be the go-to guy and he's just not playing like it right now. I don't know why he wasn't playing late in the game tonight? Did anyone see him get hurt?

My honest opinion - trade Bouwmeester, Horton, and Vokoun (Anderson can be a starter)

Old
11-26-2008, 11:31 PM
CanadianPantherFan

I'm offically done with the Bou era as of tonight. If I was GM. I'd try to move him tonight or tomorrow...get him to fly standby at the busy airports or have they died down until after the weekend now down there. If so...wait until Sunday so he can see the airport crowd.

Old
11-26-2008, 11:34 PM
CanadianPantherFan

You people saying Horton was hurt? I don't see it on the Y! results page or... I did not see it during the game or hear the Devils feed comment on an injury.

I bet he was benched after a couple minutes in the 3rd period.

Now some of you can get off JM. on this one from the past. It's not the coach's fault Timmy anymore...it's yours

Old
11-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Well, right now Horton is suffering from not having Stillman in the line-up, but Horton is supposed to be the go-to guy and he's just not playing like it right now. I don't know why he wasn't playing late in the game tonight? Did anyone see him get hurt?

My honest opinion - trade Bouwmeester, Horton, and Vokoun (Anderson can be a starter)
His leg got cut(according to DeBoer) when White hit him into the boards and he also landed back on Welch as well. He was in the middle of the sandwich.....that didn't sound good. lol

Closed Thread