HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS HD on StarChoice

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
RDS HD on StarChoice

Is anyone else getting a blank black screen on channel 240 on Starchoice? The channel has been blank since Saturday while the other HD channels are OK. I had to watch the Saturday game in non-HD and it's hard to go back after watching so many games in HD.

Old
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
HabsoluteFate

i have starchoice and watched RDS in HD...

not sure if it is channel 240. double check in case it moved. If you still get a blank screen you should call starchoice. perhaps they are being greedy and charge more for RDS HD. perhaps i'm getting it because i'm paying an extra 3.00 a month for SPortsnet/TSN HD?

Old
12-09-2008, 01:00 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
i have starchoice and watched RDS in HD...

not sure if it is channel 240. double check in case it moved. If you still get a blank screen you should call starchoice. perhaps they are being greedy and charge more for RDS HD. perhaps i'm getting it because i'm paying an extra 3.00 a month for SPortsnet/TSN HD?
I'm also paying the extra $3 for TSN and Sportsnet HD. If I press info on channel 240, it displays as RDS HD. I have sent an email to StarChoice...will call if I don't get a quick reply. Thanks.

Old
12-09-2008, 03:09 PM
ChaseMe

Weird stuff, when this happens is the Sat symbol on the front of your receiver red? I've only seen black screens with no message when the signal is down. since Starchoice uses 2 satellites it's possible you've lost signal to the one that sends out HD etc (this has happened to me).

I know 240 was working for me this past Saturday.

Old
12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I'm also paying the extra $3 for TSN and Sportsnet HD. If I press info on channel 240, it displays as RDS HD. I have sent an email to StarChoice...will call if I don't get a quick reply. Thanks.
Sounds like your dish has become slightly misaligned and has lost the transponder that RDSHD uses.

Check your signal strength [Menu -> 6-4-3-1] on CTVHD or something that works. Will most likely be 90+ (HD channels show higher than non-HD channels). Then check it on RDSHD. If it's much lower (i.e. below 70) then it's your dish.

I'm suspecting this is the cause because you're not getting the non-subscribed message when you go to the channel.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:31 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Sounds like your dish has become slightly misaligned and has lost the transponder that RDSHD uses.

Check your signal strength [Menu -> 6-4-3-1] on CTVHD or something that works. Will most likely be 90+ (HD channels show higher than non-HD channels). Then check it on RDSHD. If it's much lower (i.e. below 70) then it's your dish.

I'm suspecting this is the cause because you're not getting the non-subscribed message when you go to the channel.
I'm losing more and more HD channels and even regular RDS wasn't working when I got home to watch the last half of the game. I checked this morning and same problem. I'll have to climb on the roof and clear some snow. We've had tons lately and that must be the problem. And yes, the signal strength is lower than it should be. Thanks for your reply.

Closed Thread