HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #21 - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 SBP - SNET (o and e) HD, RDS

Old
11-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Masterplan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SilverCup View Post
so, uh, anyone miss me?

I'm there tomorrow!
THIO_15?

Masterplan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Silvercup Returns
classless chick :(

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Silvercup Returns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Man View Post
Umm, you were gone? And who are you?

And still come out with no points. Unless he got those bionic implants....

With Heatley Alfredson and Spezza on the power play. The goons will help improve the PP stats...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
THIO_15?

i feel the love

Twitter: @livelikeagypsy
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:06 AM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Senators advance
Intimidating in black
Leafs blue team,beware

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Silvercup Returns

YES!!!! i love these

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Senators advance
Intimidating in black
Leafs blue team,beware
I missed the haiku
thank you for bringing it back
Alfredsson will score

Old
11-27-2008, 10:01 AM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

why am i still at work? been looking forward to this game all week, first chance in awhile I've had a chance to watch the sens and work is going to **** me for it. 2am here and we've still got a bucket load to do and the game is in 8 or hours.............time to pull an all nighter me thinks. are they wearing black or normal?

West Coast Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Juice*

This Andre Deveaux is a ****in hammerhead...who on our team will stop him from running around like a tool? potentially hurting one of our guys?

nevermind Murray is too busy scouting player we have already drafted to address issues pertaining to our actual hockey team.

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:10 AM
MuffinMan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
This Andre Deveaux is a ****in hammerhead...who on our team will stop him from running around like a tool? potentially hurting one of our guys?

nevermind Murray is too busy scouting player we have already drafted to address issues pertaining to our actual hockey team.
Although he's not a "heavyweight", Smith is tough as nails and is one scary dude when he gets pissed off. C-Bass can also kick some ass.

MuffinMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Leafidelity
Way she goes...

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
Although he's not a "heavyweight", Smith is tough as nails and is one scary dude when he gets pissed off. C-Bass can also kick some ass.
Deveaux is 6'3 240lbs. We havnt had a true meathead in the lineup like this guy in over a decade. Should be interesting

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Juice*

Smith is tough???? I know Smith was tough...but little evidence from this season suggests he is still tough.....

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Classless Goon
Robble Robble

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
Laugh our ***** off whenever they step on the ice, and put our best line out there?

Seriously, is anybody scared at all of them?
Yeah, I'm sure we will all be laughing when Hollweg or Deveaux drills Heatley from behind...

Don't forget the shenanigans with Neil, Hollweg, Schenn, last game too, I'm sure these Leafers have a long memory.

Where the hell is Yablonski or Carkner? Call one of them up, with Neil out we have no toughness. This is going to be soo humiliating if the Leafs come to SPB and push us around, with all their ****ing fans in the stands and everything. God. I thought we were past this. Why did we trade McGrattan? I thought our team was supposed to be that gritty tough club you hate to play against this year. We can't score goals to save our lives, shouldn't we be able to compensate by being a tight checking, gritty character team hat smashes its opponents and intimidates them? Again isn't that supposed to be the club's new ''identity'' this year? Yet once Neil goes down we have no legit tough guy, and if Colton Orr was able to take liberties with our club last game, imagine what Hollweg, Deveaux and Mayers will do?

If the Leafs do something stupid tonight I want to see Carkner or Yablonski up next game, at least until Neil returns.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:39 AM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post

Reading comprehension isn't your best attribute is it? Or do you just choose to ignore facts to bash Murray?

Murray was there to scout a free agent that Tim Murray has been raving about.

Edit: Just so the idiot below me knows what's up.

Last edited by obsenssive*: 11-27-2008 at 11:27 AM.
obsenssive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:16 AM
MuffinMan*

With so many Leaf fans around town today, I recommend you all take the necessary precautions by using a piece of sheet metal to protect your buttholes.

MuffinMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Bloggins

The Leafs want to win this game as bad as the Sens. Their "goons" will not do a thing unless the game gets completely out of hand. And let's face it, I doubt the Sens will score enough to make it get out of hand.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:25 AM
TheHMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsenssive View Post
Reading comprehension isn't your best attribute is it? Or do you just choose ignore facts to bash Murray?

Murray was there to scout a free agent that Tim Murray has been raving about.
First time I've heard of this. I thought he was just there to look at Wiercioch's progress (ppg so far this year).

Do you know which team they are scouting right now?

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:27 AM
The King of Town

What's with the small man syndrome? Get a grip!

Hollweg's a joke who's only good to take punches and stupid penalties. Mayers is a good kid, but he's no match for Fisher or C-Bass. Deveaux is a meathead playing in his first ever NHL game, and you're worried about how our guys are going to react? I doubt he sees more than 5 shifts, and none after the first period. Wilson isn't stupid.

Get a hold of yourselves. McGrattan is gone because he couldn't play hockey. Even Phoenix isn't playing him, and they stink. If the Leafs want to play stupid hockey, we'll win the game on the power play.

Colton Orr didn't do anything last game, and it'll be much of the same tonight. Ruutu was much, much more effective.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:29 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
I know not to get hung up on line numbers...

But Kelly on the second line?
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
He works well with Vermette, and Winchester is the type of player that might click with these two. I'd say it's worth a try at least.
Bah.
If we keep Fisher and Vermette separated while the big 3 are together, we end up with 2 lines that don't score a whole lot.
If we put them together... worst case scenario is that we have 2 lines that don't score a whole lot.
Let's just put 'em together for a month (or more) and see what happens. Would we really be losing anything if it didn't work?

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:29 AM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
First time I've heard of this. I thought he was just there to look at Wiercioch's progress (ppg so far this year).

Do you know which team they are scouting right now?
It was the in the article. They never said who it was, but most people assumed it was Tyler (?) Bozak since he's apperantely one of the best players in the NCAA right now.

obsenssive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Germz
4th liners ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Clancy View Post
What's with the small man syndrome? Get a grip!

Hollweg's a joke who's only good to take punches and stupid penalties. Mayers is a good kid, but he's no match for Fisher or C-Bass. Deveaux is a meathead playing in his first ever NHL game, and you're worried about how our guys are going to react? I doubt he sees more than 5 shifts, and none after the first period. Wilson isn't stupid.

Get a hold of yourselves. McGrattan is gone because he couldn't play hockey. Even Phoenix isn't playing him, and they stink. If the Leafs want to play stupid hockey, we'll win the game on the power play.

Colton Orr didn't do anything last game, and it'll be much of the same tonight. Ruutu was much, much more effective.
Amen brother.

The old Leafs team's that beat us with strength actually had tough guys with SKILL. Like Roberts, and even Tucker in his better years, as much as it hurts to say it.

Hollweg and Deveaux have nothing on those guys. Of the three, only Mayers has some skill from what I've seen.

Wilson will only unleash them on us if we run up the score, which isn't something this Senators team typically does anyway

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:37 AM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild View Post
Stempniak-Stajan-Antropov
Hagman-Grabovski-Kulemin
Mayers-Moore-Poni
Devaux-Mitchell-Hollweg

Kaberle-Schenn
Kubina-White
Stralman-Finger

Vesa Toskala

Looking at the Leafs lineup, wow, thats a lot of changes. Its so weird watching leaf games and not knowing who is on the ice half the time. Stajan and Stemniak top liners? Finger after all the hye is a bottom pairing dman? hagman grabovski cumin looks like an interesting 2nd line though.

Leafs sure are going through changes, and i guess Burke coming in will mean even more. I guess Burke figured now was the time to to do it. How long will his rebuild be.
In spite of Wilsons much better calls for accountability in some sens fans eyes, their team is no better off and has gone on a losing streak. Now whats your strategy.

This wont be an easy win. But its a win i expect. Heater the leaf killer hopefully wins it. Dont need to blow anyone out. Just need to play hard and win. And this is one of those must winnable games

Sens are slowly turning a first corner. And this is about when you would expect it to happen.
hopefully another 40 yrs.......

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Bloggins

Look for Ruutu to get the Leaf "tough guys" to take stupid penalties.

Bloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Silvercup Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggins View Post
and then the trolls saying he wont fight his own battles.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:43 AM
The King of Town

Quote:
To think I used to hate him. Loathed him. Then I got the text message that we signed him, and I cheered.

Remember when we used to have Varada? He's to closest we've ever had to having a player like Ruutu... Except that he sucked at everything, including agitating. Ruutu's everything I wanted Varada to be back then, and more.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Ouroboros

vCash: 1076
Haha, I never thought I'd see people wringing their hands about Andre Deveaux! He's a speedbag - I don't care how big he is, he isn't a heavyweight fighter in any league.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:57 AM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:
This is what I am looking foreward to.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 12:09 PM
ginc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure we will all be laughing when Hollweg or Deveaux drills Heatley from behind...

Don't forget the shenanigans with Neil, Hollweg, Schenn, last game too, I'm sure these Leafers have a long memory.

Where the hell is Yablonski or Carkner? Call one of them up, with Neil out we have no toughness. This is going to be soo humiliating if the Leafs come to SPB and push us around, with all their ****ing fans in the stands and everything. God. I thought we were past this. Why did we trade McGrattan? I thought our team was supposed to be that gritty tough club you hate to play against this year. We can't score goals to save our lives, shouldn't we be able to compensate by being a tight checking, gritty character team hat smashes its opponents and intimidates them? Again isn't that supposed to be the club's new ''identity'' this year? Yet once Neil goes down we have no legit tough guy, and if Colton Orr was able to take liberties with our club last game, imagine what Hollweg, Deveaux and Mayers will do?

If the Leafs do something stupid tonight I want to see Carkner or Yablonski up next game, at least until Neil returns.
This post can be summed up as follows:

ginc is offline   Reply With Quote