HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Current Status of Canuck Players

Old
12-10-2008, 10:50 PM
pitseleh

vCash: 500
Well that sucks if its true. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

I'd still be happy if they get him back by the Blackhawks game on the 20th.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 05:35 AM
orcatown

From comments made by AV seems like the club is being very cautious and don't expect Luongo back for awhile.

AV suggests the load will fall squarely on S & S for the next while.

Probably don't see Luongo till after Xmas. Initial prediction of 6 to 8 weeks looks, at this point, fairly accurate.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Timmer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
From comments made by AV seems like the club is being very cautious and don't expect Luongo back for awhile.

AV suggests the load will fall squarely on S & S for the next while.

Probably don't see Luongo till after Xmas. Initial prediction of 6 to 8 weeks looks, at this point, fairly accurate.
1040 reporting that Louie out an "lengthy period of time"

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:08 PM
pitseleh

Well, **** me that doesn't sound good.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Cocomero*

He's staying in Vancouver.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like he re-aggravated it and the "lengthy" amount of time does suggest that it will likely be another month...

Cocomero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Colton2233

Anyone think we should try to get Khabibulin or another goalie? I think S&S can handle the load but they won't be able to steal games like Luongo can.

Colton2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
alternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae44 View Post
Anyone think we should try to get Khabibulin or another goalie? I think S&S can handle the load but they won't be able to steal games like Luongo can.
no.

there's really only been one game where I felt the goalies cost us points (Schneider). other than that, both goalies have been good enough to give us a chance to win every night.

Chicago isn't going to just give us their #1 goalie. it would probably cost us Schneider at the least. plus it would cost us Sundin and give Chicago the cap space they need. if Lu is going to be gone for another month (I doubt that) and both goalies start to play more bad than good, then I'm okay with finding a decent vet that can be had for a song. but I'm completely against giving up good assetts for an injury replacement that may or may not be better than what we already have.

alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB 28 View Post
He's staying in Vancouver.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like he re-aggravated it and the "lengthy" amount of time does suggest that it will likely be another month...

My one, one! thing I wished for from this whole thing was that he wasn't rushed back and risk re-aggravating it. You don't mess with a groin injury for a goaltender, it's common freaking sense.

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:35 PM
BAuldie

Send a message via ICQ to BAuldie Send a message via MSN to BAuldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
no.

there's really only been one game where I felt the goalies cost us points (Schneider). other than that, both goalies have been good enough to give us a chance to win every night.
We get points in Detroit if Sanford didn't let those weak ones in

BAuldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:43 PM
alternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAuldie View Post
We get points in Detroit if Sanford didn't let those weak ones in
ya, you're probably right. I missed that game and had the impression that at least part of it was the way the team played in front of him. still, they've both been solid the majority of the time and I don't see the need to go acquire anyone else.

alternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Colton2233

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
no.

Chicago isn't going to just give us their #1 goalie. it would probably cost us Schneider at the least. plus it would cost us Sundin and give Chicago the cap space they need. if Lu is going to be gone for another month (I doubt that) and both goalies start to play more bad than good, then I'm okay with finding a decent vet that can be had for a song. but I'm completely against giving up good assetts for an injury replacement that may or may not be better than what we already have.
Yeah Im with you Id been happy with the way both goalies have played so far. Just wondering what other people thought. About Khabibulin I guess I underrated him I thought we could get him for cheap. Just look up his stats (which I problaly should have done before posting his name) 7-1-4 with a 923 Sv% thats pretty damn good.

Old
12-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Riven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae44 View Post
Yeah Im with you Id been happy with the way both goalies have played so far. Just wondering what other people thought. About Khabibulin I guess I underrated him I thought we could get him for cheap. Just look up his stats (which I problaly should have done before posting his name) 7-1-4 with a 923 Sv% thats pretty damn good.
It's true that Khabibulin has played well. But, what any team pays for him depends more on how badly Chicago wants to unload his contract.

There have been rumours for some time that Tallon has been trying to move Khabibulin. His recent improved play may be viewed as a window of opportunity more than an increase in trade value.

Riven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Colton2233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven View Post
It's true that Khabibulin has played well. But, what any team pays for him depends more on how badly Chicago wants to unload his contract.

There have been rumours for some time that Tallon has been trying to move Khabibulin. His recent improved play may be viewed as a window of opportunity more than an increase in trade value.
I don't get why Tallon is/was trying to move him. Hes a UFA after the season so hes not hurting anything with him there. In less he thinks he can get Sundin, Gabby, or Kovy then why move the guy?

Old
12-12-2008, 06:22 PM
VictownSulley

Take it for what it's worth but on Sportsnet Connected Leafs Edition they just said Burrows slipped up in an interview today where he said something like "We are prepared to play without him for this next month." Darren Millard said it, not me. Also, I hate Bill Watters and Doug McLean who said that the nucks are done if he is in fact out 4-6 more weeks.

VictownSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Timmer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictownSulley View Post
Take it for what it's worth but on Sportsnet Connected Leafs Edition they just said Burrows slipped up in an interview today where he said something like "We are prepared to play without him for this next month." Darren Millard said it, not me. Also, I hate Bill Watters and Doug McLean who said that the nucks are done if he is in fact out 4-6 more weeks.
Not done, but hurt badly. If we can stay .500 until Louie comes back, it'll be nice. But remember, Louie won't be at 100% when he comes back either. I'm not gonna be too optimistic.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:55 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

He's clearly waiting around to pick up Sundin from the airport.

Quote:
We are prepared to play without him for this next month
This next month could mean end of December, which I think pegs him to where we all predicted him returning.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 04:42 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post

My one, one! thing I wished for from this whole thing was that he wasn't rushed back and risk re-aggravating it. You don't mess with a groin injury for a goaltender, it's common freaking sense.
Rehab involveS ups and downs. You cant rehab something without pushing it a bit. I do rehab for a living, and your comment is indicative of a common myth. `No pain no gain` applies to rehab, but not to general exercise etc.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictownSulley View Post
Watters just wants to sell newspapers and Mclean wants the Tampa job.

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Tripwyre

The current front-page story on CDC is called 'Luongo Speaks', or something like that, but of course it's full of Sanford, Schneider and Salo, no Luongo. Though Kristen Reid does say at the end that she spoke to Luongo when he came in for treatment from team doctors and he "reiterated that he has not suffered a set-back, and was struggling through pain all along."

Tripwyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Bleifooss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripwyre View Post
The current front-page story on CDC is called 'Luongo Speaks', or something like that, but of course it's full of Sanford, Schneider and Salo, no Luongo. Though Kristen Reid does say at the end that she spoke to Luongo when he came in for treatment from team doctors and he "reiterated that he has not suffered a set-back, and was struggling through pain all along."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2597...s=topStory_nhl

Bleifooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 08:33 AM
booju

They are looking at 4 to 6 more weeks for Luongo. Check Sunday Dec. 14th's pre-game morning skate video, which states that "he (Schneider) will be around for a while longer, potentially another 6 weeks".

Also, I just wish Salo can stay healthy for once... we could really use his big shot from the point.

Last edited by booju: 12-15-2008 at 08:41 AM.
booju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:13 PM
19nazzy

On Sportsnet yesterday they showed the Luongo interview, they showed a clip of him walking away and he was walking with a very noticeable limp. If he can't even walk fine yet, we're in for a long wait.

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
On Sportsnet yesterday they showed the Luongo interview, they showed a clip of him walking away and he was walking with a very noticeable limp. If he can't even walk fine yet, we're in for a long wait.
That clip was from when his injury occured on November 22nd.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:31 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

We probably won't be hearing too much more about Luongo given how it is apparently important in Sundin's decision (as stated by his agent, I don't have the link specifically, but I've seen it around on the board). The less is known, the better it is for us, assuming this is still a serious injury.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Zorbane

Stupid media

When Luongo left practice early, TSN had a picture of Luongo's original injury with Pyatt and someone else helping him off the ice.

Zorbane is offline   Reply With Quote