HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Official MMA Thread: Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2008, 02:16 AM
BigE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Anyone catch Inside MMA last night?

Davie would. What a ******.

I'm disappointed with the Inside MMA guys for even showing this ****.

Old
11-30-2008, 08:26 AM
dank

I got a clip of the guy's next venture, in about 9 years, after X-Arm proves to be the hottest sport on the planet..

Old
11-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Boston Bruno

Quote:

WOW.

And not in a "boy, I am interested in watching that".

Complete freak show - probably watch once, just to say I did..

Looks just terrible.

Old
11-30-2008, 02:23 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

It makes sense to me. In fact I think there's probably a lot of untapped potential in the field of combining fist-fighting with regular recrational activities. You know, like X-Bowling, X-Golf, X-1-on-1 Hoops, X-Racketball, X-Trivial Pursuit... Ladies X-Twister

And why stop at recreational activities? I'm picturing X-Weekly Progress Meeting. "Update your manager... or knock him out!" I know which one I'd choose. Man, who wouldn't want to work at a company like that?

Old
11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
It makes sense to me. In fact I think there's probably a lot of untapped potential in the field of combining fist-fighting with regular recrational activities. You know, like X-Bowling, X-Golf, X-1-on-1 Hoops, X-Racketball, X-Trivial Pursuit... Ladies X-Twister
Answer this pie question right, and we will give you a pair of brass knucks to wail on your opposition!

lol

Old
12-01-2008, 12:28 AM
AlexCap

[QUOTE=Captain_Cunney;16532651]A couple tidbits from mmajunkie:

I must say i'm quite excited about this, it is basically in my back yard. I can't wait to see Carlos live and in person.

QUOTE]

Hey Captain_Cunney.. I'm the matchmaker of the event. Just did a google search and found this thread. Being a hockey fan, I had to reply. Thanks for your support!

Old
12-01-2008, 12:50 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:

This has been going on for awhile now... saw a Youtube video about 6 months ago. Absolutely ridiculous. And I thought Slamball was ridiculous.

Old
12-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCap View Post

Hey Captain_Cunney.. I'm the matchmaker of the event. Just did a google search and found this thread. Being a hockey fan, I had to reply. Thanks for your support!
I'll be there showing my support.

Old
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Davie would. What a ******.

I'm disappointed with the Inside MMA guys for even showing this ****.
Hey E, I'm too lazy to search, but who was the 18 year old kid from Friday night? Awesome all around fighter, he's got some major potential.

Old
12-01-2008, 05:56 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Hey E, I'm too lazy to search, but who was the 18 year old kid from Friday night? Awesome all around fighter, he's got some major potential.
Luis Huete. He's the first picture up on the website - www.ultimatecagewars.com

There were a couple of great performances by young kids on the card: Huete, Rodriguez, Tavares.

How did you enjoy the night?

Old
12-02-2008, 02:09 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/syl...shamrock-15363

Quote:
Sylvia, who also has a contract with Cox’s Adrenaline MMA promotion, has been eyeing a meeting with UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock (26-13-2).

“I was supposed to fight Ken Shamrock December 20, but it’s been postponed to February now,” said Sylvia. “He’s a free agent. I was supposed to fight him in a small show called XP3 Promotions. I believe in Texas, but it’s postponed to February now.”

Cox echoed Sylvia’s position that a bout with the 44-year-old Shamrock was in the works.
way to set your sights high there Timmy

it also says he's looking for a fight at either K-1 or Sengoku's New Years cards, which is kind of interesting because there could be some good matchups there (Barnett, Overeem, Kharitonov, Crocop, heck maybe even that fight with Lebanner finally)... but if Shamrock is the kind of opposition he's looking for these days, maybe a bout with Akebono or Giant Silva is more up his alley.

Old
12-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/syl...shamrock-15363

way to set your sights high there Timmy

it also says he's looking for a fight at either K-1 or Sengoku's New Years cards, which is kind of interesting because there could be some good matchups there (Barnett, Overeem, Kharitonov, Crocop, heck maybe even that fight with Lebanner finally)... but if Shamrock is the kind of opposition he's looking for these days, maybe a bout with Akebono or Giant Silva is more up his alley.
Oh man I'd love to see him get demolished by Kharitonov or Lebanner.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Boston Bruno

Timmay vs Cro Cop or Overeem..

Cro Cop via Liver Kick

Overeem via Groin Shot

Old
12-02-2008, 01:32 PM
sonnytheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
shane was notified yesterday that his fight on the TUF finale will be on the main card... cann't say who whose opponent is yet, won't be announced until this coming thursday.. but we would appreciate you guys pulling for him
Wow, main card, that's awesome, good for him. I'm not going to be able to watch the fights, but I wish him luck!

Old
12-02-2008, 01:38 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
****DROOLING****

Eddie Alverez vs Shinya Aoki (my personal favorite fighter)

AND

Hellboy vs Calvancante

That's cool to hear Shane will be on the main card, I'm sure all of us will be cheering for him!!!

Old
12-02-2008, 01:41 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
shane was notified yesterday that his fight on the TUF finale will be on the main card... cann't say who whose opponent is yet, won't be announced until this coming thursday.. but we would appreciate you guys pulling for him
Hey, exciting news! I'll definitely be pulling for him.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:45 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Rock Fury View Post
Oh man I'd love to see him get demolished by Kharitonov or Lebanner.

Oh I'd love to see my boy Kharitonov knock big Timmy out. Anyone ever hear why he isn't looking to come over stateside and fight? He'd be a tough fight for anyone in the division at this point.

Old
12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
QuickDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
****DROOLING****

Eddie Alverez vs Shinya Aoki (my personal favorite fighter)

AND

Hellboy vs Calvancante

That's cool to hear Shane will be on the main card, I'm sure all of us will be cheering for him!!!
Aoki is your favorite fighter? I really can't understand why. The guy wouldn't last fighting over in America especially without his magic pants.

I can't say I was all that impressed with what he did during the JZ fight either, faking and injury and then crying after.

Old
12-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Aoki is your favorite fighter? I really can't understand why. The guy wouldn't last fighting over in America especially without his magic pants.

I can't say I was all that impressed with what he did during the JZ fight either, faking and injury and then crying after.
The 2nd bolded part must be the answer to the first.

I don't think it is that big of a shock that he would be someone's fav. fighter, he's a wiz on the ground, very entertaining.

Quote:
That's awesome news Pred, they must really see something in him to put him on the main card portion. I'll be rooting for him.

Big night tonight, all 4 Semi's on TUF and Torres/Tapia and the debut of Wagney "the Next 145lb Champ" in the WEC. As far as free MMA, it doesn't get much better than tonight.

Old
12-03-2008, 01:33 PM
QuickDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
The 2nd bolded part must be the answer to the first.

I don't think it is that big of a shock that he would be someone's fav. fighter, he's a wiz on the ground, very entertaining.
Oh his ground skills truly are impressive. But make no mistake about it, I would really love to see Alvarez make him cry.

Old
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Habsfan18

Spike TV (commercial) just gave away the 4 finalists for the finale

Think someone will lose their job?

Old
12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Spike TV (commercial) just gave away the 4 finalists for the finale

Think someone will lose their job?
Spoilers:
Spoil:
During the scene on the last episode where Junie flipped out again, someone yells at him "just let it go, you're in the finals already" as well, which seems like a pretty big giveaway.

Anyways I haven't seen the commercial so don't give it away!

------------------------------------------------------------

Was just coming here to post this big article from The Atlantic about Rampage and the UFC. It's pretty interesting but really paints a picture of Rampage as being a pretty weird guy. Apparently he still has nightmares about Wanderlei KO'ing him the first time, I'm really not sure if this upcoming fight is going to go well for him.

Quote:
Jackson is glad to tell the story of how he was born again. During a two-week partying binge that followed a victory over the Brazilian fighter Ricardo Arona, whom he knocked unconscious with his trademark body-slam, which has been judged to be the hardest blow in all of professional sports by National Geographic’s Sports Science television program, Jackson woke up one night in the middle of a terrifying dream. The devil had his hands on his chest and was preparing to remove his soul. “He had some female spirits around him and he was saying ‘It’s okay,’” Jackson says, his eyes widening at the memory. “Then I heard this strong voice say, ‘Do you know this man?’ And I was like, ‘No.’ He said, ‘It’s not okay.’ And I woke up and grabbed my chest and made a noise that I’d never made before in my life.”

The fighter woke up gasping for air, and spent the next few weeks feeling increasingly frightened and alienated. Some time later, Jackson suffered another moment of chest-gripping terror that was triggered by a radio ad for a Universal Studios theme-park attraction after he had dropped his son D’Angelo off at preschool. “The first thing it said was ‘The curse of’ something—I can’t remember,” Jackson recalls. “And it says, ‘Your soul is mine.’” The voice weirdly echoed Jackson’s dream, and left the fighter feeling even more freaked out. “Later on, when I turned the radio back on, when I got used to being a Christian,” he remembers, “I said, ‘Oh, that’s a damn commercial for the Revenge of the Mummy ride.’”
It's really interesting to see an "outsider's" perspective on some of the key UFC figures though, he's pretty spot on for the most part.

Quote:
“It sounded like a freight train was driving through the place,” White says, cocking one eyebrow up. The combination of his shaved head, ripped jeans, black Pumas, and old CBGB T-shirt is a particularly obnoxious approximation of Ramones-style punk as handed down by the mall-culture vultures of Abercrombie & Fitch.

If you look a the sidebar the guy also interviewed BJ Penn, Arianny and Lorenzo Fertitta... the Fertitta interview is really the only interesting one, he talks a lot about the UFC's business model and some of the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Old
12-03-2008, 02:33 PM
LiquidClown

Quote:

Just because he's a really entertaining fighter and his MMA Jiu-Jitsu is amazing to watch, he uses the rubber guard very well and I'm an MMA fan that likes the submission aspect more so than the striking aspect that's all.

Doesn't bother me that his game may not translate well over here, he's a Japanese fighter that will probably stay fighting in Japan, with a ring and pants just how I like it

Old
12-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Oh his ground skills truly are impressive. But make no mistake about it, I would really love to see Alvarez make him cry.
Rainbow pants and crying? This could be a big step for the sport, the first openly gay fighter.

All jokes aside, that fight is gonna be f***ing awesome.

Old
12-03-2008, 05:59 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Big night tonight, all 4 Semi's on TUF and Torres/Tapia and the debut of Wagney "the Next 145lb Champ" in the WEC. As far as free MMA, it doesn't get much better than tonight.
And Joe Benavidez 'the next 135lb champ'.

Not an easy opponent for Wagney though. Tamura is the #3 ranked featherweight by MMAWEEKLY. Bowles/Ribeiro should be good too.

Closed Thread