HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stl-Pitt

Old
11-27-2008, 07:36 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Talbot is not going to get moved, Dupuis on the other hand...I pray for a trade that rids the Pens of him, daily. Another year after this of Dupuis magically appearing on Sid's line for a few shifts scares me. I get nightmares, Dupuis skating down the wing, Sidney passes him the puck Dupuis closes his eyes and shoots.....wide at the gaping net.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:32 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperkookeez View Post
i never claimed the prosposal filled the pens needs
If it wouldnt fit any of the Pens needs, then why would they do it? Dealing one of your best young players just to free up cap room in hopes of landing someone you need wouldnt make much sense either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Talbot is not going to get moved, Dupuis on the other hand...I pray for a trade that rids the Pens of him, daily. Another year after this of Dupuis magically appearing on Sid's line for a few shifts scares me. I get nightmares, Dupuis skating down the wing, Sidney passes him the puck Dupuis closes his eyes and shoots.....wide at the gaping net.
I think that's a bit harsh. I agree Dupuis doesnt belong on the top line with Crosby, but he's a good third line who does a good job on the PK and forecheck. Not that he isnt replaceable, but he's been a pretty good addition since he arrived.

The Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:57 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero View Post
If it wouldnt fit any of the Pens needs, then why would they do it? Dealing one of your best young players just to free up cap room in hopes of landing someone you need wouldnt make much sense either.

I think that's a bit harsh. I agree Dupuis doesnt belong on the top line with Crosby, but he's a good third line who does a good job on the PK and forecheck. Not that he isnt replaceable, but he's been a pretty good addition since he arrived.
Yeah, my problem is more so the top 6 role he gets every now and then. Ideally, I would rather have one of Dupuis or Fedotenko moved, it's clear both are bottom 6 players and Fedotenko at 2.25~ is a bit pricey for a 4th liner. If Shero can move one of them and keep Pesonen up (if he plays well enough to earn it) and Talbot is back to being healthy, fine by me.

Talbot, Crosby, Satan
Pesonen, Malkin, Sykora
Cooke, Staal, Kennedy
Dupuis/Fedotenko*, Zigomanis, Godard

* Move one in a trade.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 01:47 AM
Steve O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
counter proposal

pitt gets
brad boyes

stl gets
max talbot
mark eaton

stl wants talbot to solidify their center position and mark eaton cause he's great. pens get their winger for sid. thanks
Great idea, its unfortunate that we will lose eaton though he will be sorely missed. I guess this Boyes guy will have to fill the void.

Steve O is offline   Reply With Quote