HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tom Preissing

Old
11-26-2008, 10:26 PM
ekof232

vCash: 1195
Tom Preissing

I've seen the guy play a couple times, and I believe the habs would benefit from having a guy like him in the lineup as a top four D-man.
He'd give us a bit more talent at defense going forward and he'd definitely help with the offensive transition; I also saw that he is signed to a reasonably priced contract and that we'd be able to fit him in rather easily under the cap.

So, what would we have to give up to the kings to make it worth their while?

Would the almighty second round pick and one mid-tier defensive prospect be enough, or is it an overpayment?

ekof232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:30 PM
greech

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to greech
I think Preissing is way underrated. He was a huge part of the good Ottawa teams of the past couple years, I really regretted seeing him go. I think that's a fair value on a trade.

greech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:34 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
A lot of Kings fans dislike him, but I feel that he is a really solid player, he doesnt make any major defensive mistakes, and he is one of our better offensive defenseman.

He is an interesting situation. He provides enough to the team so that I would not actively shop him, but if the right offer came along, I would have no qualm in trading him away.

Honestly right now I have no idea on his value, perhaps a 2nd round pick + a good prospect?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:36 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

The Preds could use him too. We need a defenseman that can skate.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 10:41 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
The Preds could use him too. We need a defenseman that can skate.
2nd + Blum is for sure overpayment by Nashville right?

Old
11-26-2008, 10:59 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
2nd + Blum is for sure overpayment by Nashville right?
In a word, yes. Blum is the organization's premier defense prospect. Poile would Xerox that proposal and distribute it to every season ticket holder so they could all laugh hysterically together.

Besides, wouldn't that put the Kings under the floor? I would think you guys would want some NHL talent back to cover that void in cap space.

How has O'Sullivan been this year? When we played you guys I thought I saw him on the fourth line...

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 11-26-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old
11-26-2008, 11:01 PM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

What's his contract like? The Jackets would probably be interested if he only costs a 2nd + a mid grade prospect.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:14 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
What's his contract like? The Jackets would probably be interested if he only costs a 2nd + a mid grade prospect.
Three years, $2.75M per (salary and cap number).

Old
11-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Price4Prez

2nd round pick + Ryan OByrne

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:49 PM
BringTheReign

I don't want the Kings to trade Preissing. The Kings defense is performing very well right now minus the major slip-up against Calgary and Preissing is a big part of that. He also manages the power play well and knows how to get a shot through traffic. However, for those same reasons I think that it is likely that he will be shopped at the deadline if the Kings are not fighting for a playoff spot, especially since Johnson will be healthy by then.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekof232 View Post
I've seen the guy play a couple times, and I believe the habs would benefit from having a guy like him in the lineup as a top four D-man.
He'd give us a bit more talent at defense going forward and he'd definitely help with the offensive transition; I also saw that he is signed to a reasonably priced contract and that we'd be able to fit him in rather easily under the cap.

So, what would we have to give up to the kings to make it worth their while?

Would the almighty second round pick and one mid-tier defensive prospect be enough, or is it an overpayment?

I was gonna say a 2nd rounder for Preissing but if you wanna throw in a prospect then sure

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 12:00 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
That's actually probably a fair offer, but I'm not sure the Kings wouldn't want a more offensively skilled defenseman in return.

I was going to offer Kevin Klein and David Legwand for Preissing and POS, but I'm not sure LA would go for Legwand's contract, and I'm not sure POS fits in well with the more physical brand of hockey the Predators have taken to playing as of late.

Old
11-27-2008, 12:04 AM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
That's actually probably a fair offer, but I'm not sure the Kings wouldn't want a more offensively skilled defenseman in return.

I was going to offer Kevin Klein and David Legwand for Preissing and POS, but I'm not sure LA would go for that and I'm not sure POS fits in well with the more physical brand of hockey the Predators have taken to playing as of late.
Yeah, I don't think LA would go for that. Teams are better off trying to make a deal around Preissing. LA wouldn't get rid of a good young player just to get rid of him.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 12:06 AM
LAX attack*

Quote:
In a word, yes. Blum is the organization's premier defense prospect. Poile would Xerox that proposal and distribute it to every season ticket holder so they could all laugh hysterically together.

Besides, wouldn't that put the Kings under the floor? I would think you guys would want some NHL talent back to cover that void in cap space.

How has O'Sullivan been this year? When we played you guys I thought I saw him on the fourth line...
I didnt know that Blum had grown into a premier defensive prospect

Old
11-27-2008, 12:38 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
I didnt know that Blum had grown into a premier defensive prospect
Blum was better positionally than some of the defensemen on our NHL roster and every single prospect in training camp, he's second in the entire CHL in scoring by defensemen, and, personally, I think he'll be on the top pairing with Ryan McDonagh for the US at the WJCs this year. Blum is clear and away the best defense prospect in the organization, regardless of what the HF rankings may say.

Cao, I was thinking that as well, but I also felt like Legwand could use a change of scenery (and a move to the wing) and probably needs a new coach to reach his full potential, while giving the Preds a young, skilled forward with a quality talent ceiling that can play up the middle or on the wing. I was trying to also fill both of Nashville's needs in one trade, because when we trade Klein, we trade arguably our best trading chip (potential top four defenseman with enormous talent who's in the coaches doghouse).

Old
11-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Done.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He is not a bad player, especially in the offensive zone. He can have hiccups in the defensive zone but nothing as bad as Denis Gauthier... I actually think his value is a little above what it should be merely because he is underused and with all the youth surging through the defensive ranks he isn't urgently needed. Not to mention that he is still signed at a reasonable rate for several more years... His contract is pretty much the value. I would be looking for a 2nd and a reasonable lower tier roster player or a project prospect.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:38 AM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
I am reluctant to trade O'Byrne yet, the guy is 6'5 235 , can skate an is only 24 years old. I know he has made the news in the last week for his superb play.

I would prefer trading Weber and a 2nd

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
I am reluctant to trade O'Byrne yet, the guy is 6'5 235 , can skate an is only 24 years old. I know he has made the news in the last week for his superb play.

I would prefer trading Weber and a 2nd
I'd be as reluctant to give up on Weber as you are to give up on O'Byrne... Not sure I'd do either trade... though Preissing would sure be a good fit to replace Streit... I'd try Weber or Carle on the big club before going for Preissing

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:06 AM
rajuabju
The One & Only

I would rather just give up Preissing for 1st and no prospect player coming back (maybe a salary dump is something we could accept).

Proven top 4 defensemen for a 1st rounder. Although I like Preissing, he hasnt (I dont believe) met expectations here. And with our farm system loaded with defensive talent that will be NHL ready in the next 1-2 years (Hickey, Teubert and a few others), after Gauthier is gone, Preissing is the next odd man out.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Indrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by greech View Post
I think Preissing is way underrated. He was a huge part of the good Ottawa teams of the past couple years, I really regretted seeing him go. I think that's a fair value on a trade.
To be fair, he only played one season with Ottawa. Their best season, mind you.

Solid bottom-pairing defenceman and a good team guy. He is hilarious.

Indrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:20 AM
johnjm22

I sure wouldn't mind having Kostopolous back.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Bugsy

What would it take to get Preissing and Frolov to the Habs???

Montreal has boat loads of talent to offer. The Kings are rebuilding around Brown, Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Doughty and Johnson. That is a pretty good group and right now, Frolov is a part of that group. But they can turn one player into 3 if they decided to move Frolov. They could get players that fitt roles that need improving and potentially rebuild quicker..........

What would the Kings be looking for??

Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Kingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
What would it take to get Preissing and Frolov to the Habs???

Montreal has boat loads of talent to offer. The Kings are rebuilding around Brown, Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Doughty and Johnson. That is a pretty good group and right now, Frolov is a part of that group. But they can turn one player into 3 if they decided to move Frolov. They could get players that fitt roles that need improving and potentially rebuild quicker..........

What would the Kings be looking for??

Preissing + Frolov? That would require a lot in return, definitely nothing that I can say the would not result in an outraged reaction by the Habs fan.

Something that starts with...Andrei Kostitsyn or Higgins. And I think the discussion would end right there.

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
PJ Axelsson and a pick or prospect?

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote