PIM Shane O'Brien 70
Plus/Minus Willie Mitchell 16
PP Goals Kyle Wellwood 4
SH Goals Alex Burrows 2

@

GM PLACE

NHL PREVIEW

Quote:
With the Calgary Flames trying to surge toward their Northwest Division lead, the Vancouver Canucks are comforted knowing their backup goalie is playing as well as their injured starter was.
Quote:
Sanford has played all but 4:54 of the Canucks' last three games, winning each of them while posting a 1.69 goals-against average. Luongo, who is 11-5-2 with a 2.17 GAA this season, is not expected to return until next week at the earliest.
Quote:
Curtis Glencross scored for the second straight game and had two assists for Calgary. He has six assists during the team's current 4-2-0 stretch.
Quote:
Vancouver has won six of its last eight home games against Calgary. These teams will also meet Saturday at the Pengrowth Saddledome.

ANALYSIS

These next to games are the perfect opportunity to really close the gap between the two teams for the division lead. If we win both, there's just one point separating us. Sanford's played well, but he's no Luongo (out with a bad case of diarrhea). Our offense played well so let's hope solving Sanford won't be a problem. Defense needs to tighten up and render the twin cycle game obsolete. Hit 'em, check 'em, punish 'em. Make their lives miserable. Kipper needs to be steady because Vancouver's offense is pretty potent. Most important of all, walk away with 4 points after two games (in regulation please) and get back into the race fore the Northwest division.

GO FLAMES GO!!

Last edited by Noori: 11-27-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old
11-27-2008, 02:37 AM
Wyrm

vCash: 500
Vancouver is long overdue for a loss. They posted last wins against NYR (road), Minny (road), Pens (road), Wings (home). After this impressive run they'll likely be a little complacent. This is Calgary's chance - come out flying to get +2 goal differential and then play tight forechecking and tight defensive game. Unfortunately, when playing at GM place the Flames usually look a little skittish. Which is the opposite of what they need to do. I wouldn't even try to predict the score. The odds look 50/05.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Our offense played well so let's hope solving Sanford won't be a problem.
I am not so sure about that. I think the Flames favorite screwups are i) struggle against backup goalies and ii) allowing various newbs score their first NHL goal on them.

Last edited by Wyrm: 11-27-2008 at 02:43 AM.
Old
11-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Sheriff

Not really that important in a GDT, but the picture you posted shows BC Place (home of the BC Lions) and not GM Place.

Cheers
The Sheriff

Old
11-27-2008, 08:00 AM
bam09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
Not really that important in a GDT, but the picture you posted shows BC Place (home of the BC Lions) and not GM Place.

Cheers
The Sheriff
For some reason I always thought it was the same place?

Old
11-27-2008, 08:34 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Huge two games against the Canucks, let's hope it gets started right with a win.

Go Flames!

Old
11-27-2008, 10:24 AM
elriz

Should be a good game. I don't think you can take the Flames lightly and they are likely to be very motivated after our first meetings.

ps: That picture in the original post is BC Place (where the Lions play), not GM Place (where the Canucks play)

Old
11-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
The Flames have been on a roll the last few games. Now they haven’t won them all, but they have shown tremendous effort. The Flames have managed to build a system of defense first and have won 3 of their last 4 games. Tonight’s game is very important, as the Flames goal for the regular season is to take the divisional lead. This game is one of those “Four Point” games. And every member on the team knows just how important this home and home with the Canucks is.

The whole key to winning is again keep up the smart defensive play and continue to get an insane amount of pucks ON NET. Our heroes have also proven that when they stay out of the penalty box they can win games easily. Look at the last game for proof. They had a total of one penalty kill, and that was flawless. Also watch the Sedin sisters. The Flames have been plagued by those two ever since they became Canucks, and if tonight is to be different, the Flames simply must shut those two down.

Projected Line-ups
Cammalleri-Lombardi-Iginla
Bertuzzi-Langkow-Moss
Glencross-Conroy-Bourque
Nystrom-Primeau-Prust
Extras: Boyd, Roy

Defence Pairings:
Regehr-Aucoin
Giordano-Phaneuf
Sarich-Pardy
Extra:

These lineups are from http://communities.canada.com/calgar...s/default.aspx (The Calgary Herald)

Looks like Miikka will be in net again. Yeah I know, big suprise. Also word is Boyd probably won’t be playing, as he has an , and I quote, “Undisclosed Upper Body Injury”. He’s listed as Day to Day, so he *might* play tonight, but I seriously Doubt it. Luongo is out for the Canucks as are Ryan Johnson, and Rick Rypien.

Players to Watch: This is becoming increasingly difficult to choose as the whole team has begun to really click and all the lines are right proper rolling along. So pulling a name out of my hat we get Cammy. He’s been fantastic as of late, and I do not expect him to slow down now that he’s hit his stride.

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan: 11-27-2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: New info came to light. Thanks elriz
Old
11-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Qubax

Flames are going to win tonight baby. We haven't been the same team since that Sharks road trip. We are 3-1 and in our last 4 and the only loss was a 5-2 loss to the Wings that was a 1 goal game with 1:30 left in the 3rd period, we just as easily could have beat the Wings...

I expect this to be a great, spirited effort tonight by both teams, and IMO the Flames will win.

Should be a very passionate affair...

Old
11-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Noori

vCash: 50
GM Place pic edited for all whiners .

Old
11-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
I am not so sure about that. I think the Flames favorite screwups are i) struggle against backup goalies and ii) allowing various newbs score their first NHL goal on them.
The Flames are on a roll, we have 3 potent lines. And like you said, Vancouver is long overdue for a loss.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
Like you've already found out it's not.

The round building with the white roof on the right side of the picture is BC Place and is much bigger than GM Place (called "the Garage" and home of the Canucks) which is just left of BC Place with the grey roof in the middle of the picture.

But now we've talked enough about the building, bring on the game !

Old
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
elriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
Luongo is out for the Canucks as are Ryan Johnson, Kevin Bieksa, and Rick Rypien.
Bieska in, Steve Bernier out, as per canucks game notes @ http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...LPage&id=18397

Old
11-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Jonathan Iilahti*

These next two games are huge for both teams.

For Calgary, it gives them a chance to pull within 1 point.

For Vancouver, it gives them a chance to increase their lead to 9 points.

Just a quick side note...my friend Ron looks exactly like Kiprusoff. They could be identical twins. He also plays goalie. So when Kiprusoff plays bad, we usually just say "oh, looks like Ron is in net tonight".

Just in case you guys are looking for an excuse after tonight's game.

Old
11-27-2008, 01:51 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher0805 View Post
Just a quick side note...my friend Ron looks exactly like Kiprusoff. They could be identical twins. He also plays goalie. So when Kiprusoff plays bad, we usually just say "oh, looks like Ron is in net tonight".

Just in case you guys are looking for an excuse after tonight's game.
that's a bit of humour. We'll have to find Luongo's identical twin for future games

Here's hoping to a good game and a Flames W!!

GO FLAMES GO!!!

Old
11-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Hyde

Huge Game...just huge....here is hoping for the Win.

Old
11-27-2008, 03:33 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Huge home and home and hopefully the flames are pumped up and ready to go. Already dropped 2 against the nucks so can't afford to drop anymore.

Go Flames Go

Old
11-27-2008, 03:51 PM
lefty2time*

demitra and the twins are really hot. Nux r on a roll. Calgary is in for a trough night

Old
11-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
See that smaller building in front? That's GM place... BC place is the dome in the background, theyre rigth across from each other.

Old
11-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Hyde

The Refs tonight are Steve Kozari and Don VanMassenhoven. That alone makes me happy my boss has me working OT tonight....stupid Kozari.

Old
11-27-2008, 04:27 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiFlamesFan View Post
that's a bit of humour. We'll have to find Luongo's identical twin for future games

Here's hoping to a good game and a Flames W!!

GO FLAMES GO!!!
Check the list of recent groin injuries at the nearest hospital

Old
11-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Grub
First Line Troll

vCash: 883
Not trying to ruin the party and all but Calgary's wins have been from the Kings and Colorado Avalanche (Both bottom feeders). The Canucks have won against New York Rangers, Minnesota, Penguins, and the Detroit Red Wings in their past 4 games. It's going to be a tough game tonight no doubt about it.

Old
11-27-2008, 05:19 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Check the list of recent groin injuries at the nearest hospital
Future games

Old
11-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Johnny LaRue

vCash: 200
There seems to be a lot of feeling on the Canucks board that you guys will take this one tonight. I hope that the Nucks rise to the occassion, but complacency is normal in these occassions, and the Flames are too good to be taken lightly.

Old
11-27-2008, 06:08 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

Good luck tonite Flames. Vancouver/Calgary battles always have playoff intensity and rarely dissappoint.

Old
11-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
The Refs tonight are Steve Kozari and Don VanMassenhoven. That alone makes me happy my boss has me working OT tonight....stupid Kozari.

Yeah Kozari is bad, but at least he's not McGoof(Thank god he retired) or that waste of dna Kerry "I hate the Flames" Fraiser

Closed Thread