HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sun says -Tampa cleaning house-any interest in these names specifically?

Old
11-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Evengy Artyukhin, Radim Vrbata or Mark Recchi? 11/16/08, there was an article in the Toronto Sun saying that the firing of Barry Melrose was just the tip of the ice berg as far as where the organization is going. They want to clean house.

They mentioned Vinny, St. Louis, Ranger, and Mezaros as the only players they wouldn't trade. A few of them have nt clauses. But then it also said in the Sun that they wouldn't be a bit surprised if GM Brian Lawton asks St.Louis to wave his no trade clause to really shake things up.

So I wanted to know what you Ranger fans think of the first 3 names I mentioned and what do you think it would take to get one of them?
I singled those three names out and mentioned St. Louis because all 4 of those players are right wingers who may be able to play with Gomez on the first or second line. If not, maybe plug them in else where in the lineup. What do you guys think?

UMMMMM DID THEY NOT JUST SIGN THOSE DUDES?..............ITS ONLY 30 GAMES HOLY CRAP........CALM THE HELL DOWN TB.............I LIKE TO THINK THEY ARE NOT NUTS BUT THEY LIKELY ARE, HOLY TRIGGER HAPPY,HAHA

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:50 PM
gravytrain6t

To Ola. That sounds familiar doesn't it. Malone playing well with Crosby and Malking and Voros playing well when he was on the playstation line. Although, despite what anyone says, I don't think the playstation line was a fluke. Voros with his size, agitating type play, solid checking and hard drives to the net dragging other players (especially defense-men from other teams) opens up room for our two other skilled players to find open space. Even if they don't score, Voros is right there in front of the net. I mean everyone should pretty much see this. When he was on the Playstation line it was quite common. Artyukhin can do the same stuff. Maybe better. Now away from Ola.

There is nothing wrong with his size at 250lbs. When he protects that puck and drives to the net. Watch out. Can't hook him because you'll be penalized. He's faster and more stable on his skates than Orr so come on! So good luck d-men trying to strip the puck off of him. The guy may not be an Orr type fighter but he can drive u through a wall with body checks. He's a bigger version than Voros. Might be a better version. He's worn out Staal last night like no other player I've seen by hitting him in the corners.

Look at the top teams in this conference we have to get buy in order to take the conference. Pittsburgh for instance. Hal Gill.Artyukhin who is of similar size would get in the corners and I can see it already the battles between the two. He can help wear down Gill, Komisarik or Mtl, Chara of Boston, Colin White, Hatcher on the Flyers..etc..

Some of you Ranger fans I'm sorry to say. But can't you see, lighting up the scoreboard a side. This guy can wear out the big d-men of other teams. Just like he was doing a bit with Staal. And in the playoffs. His presence would be felt even more. Seriously, who would you rather see battling it out in the corners with a guy like Chara or Komisarik? Zheredev, Gomez, one of your other best players or Artyukhin ?

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 11-27-2008 at 05:25 PM.
gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:07 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Right, so you're trading two guys riding the bench and a prospect who's yet to see one second in the NHL for a player who averages 80-100 points a season. Very fair
i second that, that proposal will never get us st. louis...
but actually i'd prefer prospal or vrbata, who both hava a smaller cap hit and might be the more realistic targets

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:07 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
UMMMMM DID THEY NOT JUST SIGN THOSE DUDES?..............ITS ONLY 30 GAMES HOLY CRAP........CALM THE HELL DOWN TB.............I LIKE TO THINK THEY ARE NOT NUTS BUT THEY LIKELY ARE, HOLY TRIGGER HAPPY,HAHA
hey Vito, still want that Antropov right. Me too. Someone brought it to my attention that he's and ufa after the season. So big deal. We get him. He performs and wants to stay we sign him up and start building the Red Army squad here in NY with Anisimov and Grachev on the cusp in a year or two. And who can forget not to sign Zherdev. Maybe a dumb GM??
Hey why not right. Detroit built such chemistry with all of these Swedes and I love the way Russians play the game so maybe we can follow in their footsteps. I truly must admit as time goes on. I am a bit bias toward Euro players period. Except maybe defense-men. Kovy stunk here. IDK Y. But I wish he didn't. We tried the whole Czech thing for a while. The Swedes have a lot of talent know doubt. I wanted jamtin on this team big time. Come one. Jamtin (a real excitingly quick, agitating, fearless player) or a boring type player like Fritche and Rissmiller. Rissmiller makes the team lmao.

Old
11-27-2008, 04:09 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
i second that, that proposal will never get us st. louis...
but actually i'd prefer prospal, he has a smaller cap hit and might be the more realistic target
3.5 mil. He better produce though. If we can trade Rozsival back we slice a mil and a half off the pay roll. IDK how good Prospal is though. What about Gratton?

Old
11-27-2008, 04:37 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Didn't Prospal play exceptionally well last year in Philly, somewhat in Tampa?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 04:58 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Didn't Prospal play exceptionally well last year in Philly, somewhat in Tampa?
not so great in tampa , amazing counting upto the playoffs though.

The Lunatic Fridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Tampa's owners really really suck. You spend all that time retooling over the summer, then jetison everything 1/4 of the way into the season. These guys have no clue about hockey, it seems.

That said, I'd be interested in Paul Ranger, but the Rangers would have to move someone like Rozsival in return
There GM and coach IMO where the problem. Or whoever made thoose signings.

I called it before the season, Tampa could finnish last again.

The game have changed allot -- really allot -- since the lockout. And so many experts and coaches are missing it. It was the same in Sweden when the redline was removed. It took like 8 years to get out all the extreme trapping coaches. When the redline was removed here, trapping just wasn't the best style. Still they kept comming back time after time while running teams into the ground.

Its so simple really. Before the lockout -- the team that commited the fewes amount of misstakes won. In principle thats how simple it was. In reality it was of course advance, teams made other teams commit misstakes. System was designed to make the other team commit misstakes. Teams gave the puck away, to make it mroe likely that the other team would make a misstake. Hey without the puck you will never make a misstake wtih it...

Now, the team that possess the puck the most will win. You will draw penaltys. And its so hard to defend that misstakes are made by the defending team sooner or later. A D is turned inside out or something. How do you keep the puck within the team? Its simple, you involve all 5 guys on the ice. Spread out and use the entire ice. How do you do that? You got 1 forward atleast who can close the gap between the forwards and the D's. Because its in that gap you often looses the puck. Like 2 D's are isolated and can't move the puck to anyone, so they lift it out. Or 2 forwards starts a transition play, but with no support they often ends up at the endboards and they loose the puck. You need some players that can hang on to the puck. And more importantly, you need thoose players types who can close the gap between the D's and the forwards.

Tampa don't have thoose types of players who can close that gap. Just like Atlanta didn't when we played them. Kovalchuk and co where isolated when they entered our end. Their D's had no support when we turned on them, and had to give the puck away by lifting it out when they had won it.

Either you need wingers like Marty Straka for example. Or centers like Gomez. Or guys who just are good all round. But Tampa got very few guys like that. Instead they have a ton of guys who sucks in that area like Gratton, Roberts, Ryan Malone and several others.

Tampa now is making as big misstake tactically as we did in NY when we didn't trap during the trapping era. Every other team trapped, we didn't.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
3 mil per so no. Jokinen is about what Rozsival's got.
Jokinen is an RFA next year and has a $1.8M cap hit...

11-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Vitto79

Former Rangers Hutchinson and Ward are available for cheap on re-entry,haha

maaaaaaybe Hutchinson but that also mans Rissmiller has to be moved and that won't happen likely

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:31 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
He aint Orr...

He is a stiff who gets very little out of his game -- right now. But he definitly got allot of raw tools. His hands isn't half bad, and his skating is very good once he got his speed up. I've seen him completely blow past some D's, and not only Redden...

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Arts. I haven't seen him enough really to make any closer calls. But when I look at Malone in Tampa and Penner in Edmonton you start to wonder how many guys like thoose two there is out there is league. Here is my thinking. Penner in Anaheim, playing in a great enivorment, often on the ice with Andy McDonald who got the puck up ice for him, was just awsome. Penner was really good in Anaheim. In EDM he struggles a ton. Have been a healty scratch. A team where he doesn't nearly get as much support as in Anaheim. He is only good down low, but there he is really good. If you can get the puck down low allot for him, he will be great. And its the same with Malone. When he gets to play with a Crosby or Malkin he will be great. Better then many others would be in the same position. But with weaker linemates, he contributes with very little.

You start to wonder how many Malone and Penner there is out there who never have gotten a chance to play with good linemates so that they can utilize there strength.

Next to Gomer we got a handmade spot for a player like that.

Could Art do what Malone and Penner did?
It's possible, but why chance it? We have Voros.

Jokinen is also being overrated now. There is not much to him. He's fast, weak on the puck and always passes. It would be a redundant pick-up. In fact, outside Lecavalier, maybe Mezsaros, there is no one on the Lightning I would want. Not St. Louis, Malone or Prospal.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:55 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
personally I would love to get Paul Ranger. His name says it all

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 07:45 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
Agreed, I only want Ranger.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:06 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
If anyone is coming to NY from the Lightning, I am only going for Lundin and Ranger. Trade Rozsival or even someone like Kalinin. These are young guys that can easily take the role of Rozsival and do it for a much cheaper price.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:06 PM
NYR Viper

artyukin would be a nice pickup due to the total lack of size in the top-6 for the rangers....trade a player like dawes who the rnagers can replace from within and get a player the rangers dont have in artyukin....

naslund-dubinsky-zherdev
drury-gomez-callahan
artyukin-korpikoski-fritsche
sjostrom-betts-orr/voros

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:28 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Dawes for Arts would be overpayment. While I'll say he had a good game against the Rangers last night, what has Arts proven in the NHL to net a return of a 40 point sniper with some promise? Nothing IMO.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:28 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
It'd be cool if we stole Stamkos and Ranger, but I doubt either will be moved.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Rangerfan4life90

If we could snag St. Louis and Arthuykin i'd faint.

St. Louis would give us a sniper in the top 6 and Arthuykin would give us size in the top 6

No thanks to Vrbata

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:54 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Paul Ranger would be a nice pickup.

However, whose place would he be taking?

And how much would it cost to get him? Too much probably.

I still think Rozsival has a lot to offer, so i wouldn't trade him off right away.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:06 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Former Rangers Hutchinson and Ward are available for cheap on re-entry,haha

maaaaaaybe Hutchinson but that also mans Rissmiller has to be moved and that won't happen likely

wow Arron Ward is basically out of the NHL, looks like that trade for Mara worked out in our favor.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:08 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
wow Arron Ward is basically out of the NHL, looks like that trade for Mara worked out in our favor.

Aaron Ward is in Boston i think you mean Jason Ward bud

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:14 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Man just imagining Gomez and St Louis playing on the same line gives me chills...tremendous speed.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:20 PM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I think he meant Jason Ward, not Aaron Ward. Aaron Ward was, well might still be playing with Chara.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:59 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
paul ranger saying "I AM A RANGER" would be pretty funny...he sure would have alot of jokes and comments about that one. but his game saving dive when betts (i think) had an open net

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:18 PM
NYReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
If we could snag St. Louis and Arthuykin i'd faint.

St. Louis would give us a sniper in the top 6 and Arthuykin would give us size in the top 6

No thanks to Vrbata
Agreed on all three players. I don't understand the fascination with Vrbata at all. He had one good year in his walk year and (while I didn't see him play much if at all out west) has shown absolutely nothing to make me think he's worth $3M in cap space or even Rissmiller in a trade. Would absolutely love to get St. Louis and Artyukhin though.

Redden/Rozsival, Dawes, Prucha/Rissmiller {if nec. for cap space}, Sanguinetti, 2nd 09, probably one other lesser prospect or pick (I'll say Greg Moore or a fourth {which would have to be in 2010} to put a name/value on it)

for

St. Louis (5.25M per through 2011), Artyukhin (950K per through 2010), Lundin (687500, RFA)

I think we're giving up a lot there and still robbing them blind, if that makes sense. Would love to see it, but since I can't imagine we could afford to give up much more this trade is nothing more than a pipe dream.

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote