HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#22 -- Hurricanes at Flyers -- November 28, 2008 -- 1:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
We better ****ing win Saturday night, no more of this win 6, lose 6 ********,, Get right back on the winning streak tommorrow.
Could be tough against the Leafs. They are very hard working team.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Could be tough against the Leafs. They are very hard working team.
Even more so with Burke being hired. They all want to impress and keep their jobs.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:06 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Even more so with Burke being hired. They all want to impress and keep their jobs.

agreed

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:06 PM
RoDu

It's balls to loose on the debut of the new jersey, but it sounds like Ward stood on his head, and I saw the saves on the two brake aways. He stopped the frickin' "Forsberg" move

Any chance the Flyers could make this third jersey their permanent home jersey? It's just plain better in every which way possible than the black home jersey

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:29 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Any chance the Flyers could make this third jersey their permanent home jersey? It's just plain better in every which way possible than the black home jersey
When I first saw it I wanted to gouge my eyes out. But as the game went on I started warming up to it. The design is actually great. I still think the color is disgusting though. Light, fruity pastel orange. Looks like emo sunny D.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:44 PM
qwertysac

black jerseys > white jerseys > orange jerseys

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:57 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertysac View Post
it seems like more than half the teams in the league have a black home jersey or a black third jersey, be origional

Old
11-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

I just have to say, those jerseys are sick.

Can't believe we actually won. No idea how that happened. You guys should have had that game in the bag by the end of the first, and would have, if not for ward playing an unbelievable game.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 07:27 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertysac View Post
You have the arrows the wrong direction.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 07:37 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
You're not kidding! I want to see 60 minutes of full out effort, hitting, and intensity.
Maybe we should show up well before the game and remind them of this because Coach Cupcake probably won't.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Kaktus*

Ovechkin just scored. Habs are down 2:0 in 3rd.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:41 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Great game.
Met up with gokimmyj.
Nice guy.
Had lots of fun.
Sat right behind the net for the phantoms game as well.

photo album from the game.http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d&id=596702495

Last edited by JagerPuck: 11-28-2008 at 09:49 PM.
JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:55 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
Great game.
Met up with gokimmyj.
Nice guy.
Had lots of fun.
Sat right behind the net for the phantoms game as well.

photo album from the game.http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d&id=596702495
I wish I coulda went to the Phantoms game with you guys.

We all need to buy the same seats next time AND tailgate!!

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
No idea how Ward wasn't a star of the game.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:53 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
No idea how Ward wasn't a star of the game.
Why were people so impressed with ward? Stopped a couple breakaways including one by the league's leading goal scorer, yeah, but really what else? Carter's shot selection was terrible. Almost like a pre-season shot selection.
A few good stops here and there but nothing special. I don't know why ward was praised so much in this gdt or carolina's. Gagne's skating around like he had a stomach full of turkey was the bigger story, imo. Stars of the game? Base it on stats, whatever. Ward didn't do much for me.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:11 AM
chaosof99*

Marty and Carts injuries don't seem to serious, but they are both questionable against Toronto. Carts will probably play though:

Quote:
General manager Paul Holmgren said Biron was questionable for tonight's game at struggling Toronto. Backup Antero Niittymaki was in net for the Flyers' 3-1 win over the Hurricanes on Wednesday.

"Anybody that's played the position knows those happen," Biron said. "You kind of get numb in the shoulder, arm and hand for a while. You've got to shake it off."

Moments after he drew a Hurricanes hooking penalty, Carter got tangled up with a Carolina player and fell awkwardly on his shoulder.

"I'm a little sore," said Carter, who had a goal and an assist. "I felt a popping in my shoulder, but there's not much you can do about it."

He is expected to play tonight.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...er_injury.html
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...nst_Leafs.html

Pitkanen is now officially on my ****list. He caused two injuries on opposing players in a single game. I hope Cote is back on the 6th and punches him out.

Last edited by chaosof99*: 11-29-2008 at 03:18 AM.
chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:51 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Let me start off by saying, I'm a Canes fan through and through, so take this for what you will

I just wanted to say I was really dissapointed in your GDT. I know alot of the time people think they can say whatever they want and that's their choice, but I found multiple comments distasteful and somewhat disgusting imo. I'm sure some of you are gonna say 'get off our board and blah blah blah.' Well it doesn't give you the right to wish physical harm on other players, such as Larose, Ruutu and Pitkanen. Just look one post up if you need a refresher.
Quote:
Pitkanen is now officially on my ****list. He caused two injuries on opposing players in a single game. I hope Cote is back on the 6th and punches him out.
Multiple comments were made how you wish they were taken out or punched in the face. And some of this came from a mod, if my recollection serves me right. This, in my opinion is unacceptable and as much as someone might 'hate' another opponent, this is the lowest of the low. You can look through our 'massive' 7-8 page thread and you will never see anything close to the hatred and death threats you guys made. You guys have great players and a great team, but stooping down to bashing our players/wishing them harm and belittling our play by play crew which is probably the most honest and unbiased in the business (imo) is low and cheap. Go to nhl.com and listen to the play by play of the highlights. I dare you to say John Forslund was bias in any way, he reacted just as much to the philly goals as the canes goals, save the OT winner which justifiably should be more exciting as it decided the game on the spot. When the PHI goal was called back he called the goal properly and then said 'it was a major break for the canes' and so forth. Sure they may have been missed calls here and there. That's expected. He's not an official. No one here is. How many times have you thought there should have been a call that didn't happen. I'd love to hear one of you guys call the game in an unbias fashion. missed calls happen to everyone. Get Over it. Just because at first glance the crew called a hand pass instead of a penalty doesn't mean they are stupid. They were following the puck. That's what they are supposed to do. I've never actually heard a flyers game called by the flyers guys but, you seem to praise them like jesus christ and buddha combined. That's fine, i understand it. You're flyers fans, and they are flyers commentators. They're paid to call flyers games. But don't call us stupid or uneducated in hockey because we love and follow the canes. John Forslund does a hell of a job at what he does and is well respected around the league for it. And certainly don't 'feel pity' on us for having to suffer through John for a play by play guy.

Anyway, I don't want to bring any hostility or animosity towards you. I just wanted to say i think you were quite unfair and distasteful in many of your GDT comments (regardless of it they were meant for only flyers fans) and realize that other people read your GDTs and you can come off as very ignorant and 'uneducated' in your own right when you let such things slide.

All the best in the upcoming season.

Last edited by GIN ANTONIC: 11-29-2008 at 04:00 AM.
GIN ANTONIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 04:17 AM
Casey Tatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
Let me start off by saying, I'm a Canes fan through and through, so take this for what you will

I just wanted to say I was really dissapointed in your GDT. I know alot of the time people think they can say whatever they want and that's their choice, but I found multiple comments distasteful and somewhat disgusting imo. I'm sure some of you are gonna say 'get off our board and blah blah blah.' Well it doesn't give you the right to wish physical harm on other players, such as Larose, Ruutu and Pitkanen. Just look one post up if you need a refresher.

Multiple comments were made how you wish they were taken out or punched in the face. And some of this came from a mod, if my recollection serves me right. This, in my opinion is unacceptable and as much as someone might 'hate' another opponent, this is the lowest of the low. You can look through our 'massive' 7-8 page thread and you will never see anything close to the hatred and death threats you guys made. You guys have great players and a great team, but stooping down to bashing our players/wishing them harm and belittling our play by play crew which is probably the most honest and unbiased in the business (imo) is low and cheap. Go to nhl.com and listen to the play by play of the highlights. I dare you to say John Forslund was bias in any way, he reacted just as much to the philly goals as the canes goals, save the OT winner which justifiably should be more exciting as it decided the game on the spot. When the PHI goal was called back he called the goal properly and then said 'it was a major break for the canes' and so forth. Sure they may have been missed calls here and there. That's expected. He's not an official. No one here is. How many times have you thought there should have been a call that didn't happen. I'd love to hear one of you guys call the game in an unbias fashion. missed calls happen to everyone. Get Over it. Just because at first glance the crew called a hand pass instead of a penalty doesn't mean they are stupid. They were following the puck. That's what they are supposed to do. I've never actually heard a flyers game called by the flyers guys but, you seem to praise them like jesus christ and buddha combined. That's fine, i understand it. You're flyers fans, and they are flyers commentators. They're paid to call flyers games. But don't call us stupid or uneducated in hockey because we love and follow the canes. John Forslund does a hell of a job at what he does and is well respected around the league for it. And certainly don't 'feel pity' on us for having to suffer through John for a play by play guy.

Anyway, I don't want to bring any hostility or animosity towards you. I just wanted to say i think you were quite unfair and distasteful in many of your GDT comments (regardless of it they were meant for only flyers fans) and realize that other people read your GDTs and you can come off as very ignorant and 'uneducated' in your own right when you let such things slide.

Two things: Your broadcast team is truly terrible. Flyers broadcast team are homers, but at least they dont make errant remarks about things that happen in the game. For example, Ruutu gets roughed up. Forslund-"Canes are showing team toughness". Second thing, are you really whining because we would love it if our ENFORCER did his job and got Pitkanen back for injuring a player? Ten years ago if Pitkanen rocked Carter like he did, he would would have been jumped. But hey, your a carolina fan. Classic hockey and carolina in the same sentence seems unatural.

Casey Tatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 06:46 AM
chaosof99*

Wishing for an enforcer to take revenge for two injuries by standing up for the injured players and get in a fight with the guy who actually did cause harm is different wishing harm to that player. This is hockey, get over it.

The closest thing anybody said to a "wishing physical harm" to LaRose or Ruutu is Charlie_Girl who said that she wished somebody would take out LaRose. To me this sounds like she wants a hard hit on him, but not harm him. As for Pitkanen, it's true that Alchemy said "Somebody needs to kill Pitkanen" but this is one guy, not everybody. That comment is definitely over the line but such comments are made every single day by millions of people in anger and I doubt it's worth to make a big fuzz about it.

Next topic: I really can't help if your broadcast is low quality and your commercials are hilariously bad. Sorry. Black-and-white overhead crease camera is simply low end production. Dragging two kids to the broadcasters booth for absolutely no reason is bad production. Having to rely on material of the other team does not make good broadcasting.

And actually we also make a lot of fun of the Flyers broadcasters. I can't count the number of "Coatesy is drunk" jokes which have been made this season.

As for the called back goal, I doubt anybody here said that it should have been given. It was the correct call even though the infraction was not close to the actual game situation. What most people, or at least I, said was that it was a stupid mistake by the bench which cost us a goal and probably the game as it really deflated the team.

Last edited by chaosof99*: 11-29-2008 at 08:31 AM.
chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:04 AM
RoDu

Quote:

Old
11-29-2008, 07:27 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 400
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Haha, nice.

Apparently that guy has never seen a game at a bar.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:32 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Wishing for an enforcer to take revenge for two injuries by standing up for the injured players and get in a fight with the guy who actually did cause harm is different wishing harm to that player. This is hockey, get over it.

The closest thing anybody said to a "wishing physical harm" to LaRose or Ruutu is Charlie_Girl who said that she wished somebody would take out LaRose. To me this sounds like she wants a hard hit on him, but not hurt him. As for Pitkanen, it's true that Alchemy said "Somebody needs to kill Pitkanen" but this is one guy, not everybody. That comment is definitely over the line but such comments are made every single day by millions of people in anger and I doubt it's worth to make a big fuzz about it.

Next topic: I really can't help if your broadcast is low quality and your commercials are hilariously bad. Sorry. Black-and-white overhead crease camera is simply low end production. Dragging two kids to the broadcasters booth for absolutely no reason is bad production. Having to rely on material of the other team does not make good broadcasting.

And actually we also make a lot of fun of the Flyers broadcasters. I can't count the number of "Coatesy is drunk" jokes which have been made this season.

As for the called back goal, I doubt anybody here said that it should have been given. It was the correct call even though the infraction was not close to the actual game situation. What most people, or at least I, said was that it was a stupid mistake by the bench which cost us a goal and probably the game as it really deflated the team.
Well thanks for clearing some of it up. At times I wasn't really sure what you guys were getting at. I still think some of the things in the GDT were over the line, but it's not my place to deal with them. I was just pointing them out.

Obviously I disagree about the play by play and stuff This is referring to Casey Tatum). I get what you're saying though. Often times teams announcers put a home team spin on it. I think that "Canes showing toughness thing' is about as far as forslund would ever go. And the simple truth is that the Canes, minus Ruutu and Walker and Gleason (two of whom are out) are really a bunch of sissies. And the fact that Eaves actually got into a fight and the Canes were trying to throw hits, actually was a big deal. At times they were playing with a fire in them yesterday. Something that hasn't been seen in a long time. I think he was trying to highlight that. But Clear cases of homerisms? YOu won't see those anywhere with John Forslund. Like I said, he's about as unbiased as it gets. Anyway, I guess you can look at it a couple ways.

As for the violins playing? Whatever. I've been in enemy territory before, wearing a canes jersey. In bars and in the stands. Threats against players are cheap. and like I said you won't find it on our GDT. Not trying to make a 'holier than thou situation'. just voicing my opinion. Doesn't make me a whiner, it makes me a person with an opinion.

Good luck against the leafs tonight.

Last edited by GIN ANTONIC: 11-29-2008 at 08:40 AM.
GIN ANTONIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:45 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Threats against players are cheap. and like I said you won't find it on our GDT.
Your board sounds like a classy place. Please pass my kudos on to every one of the ten people who hang out there.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:02 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
The closest thing anybody said to a "wishing physical harm" to LaRose or Ruutu is Charlie_Girl who said that she wished somebody would take out LaRose. To me this sounds like she wants a hard hit on him, but not harm him.
Thanks chaos. That's exactly what I meant. I don't wish injury on any player, but a hard hit to take him out of the play, hell yes. Every time.

Trainiac, a lot of things get posted during a game around here that aren't meant to be taken literally. In reading through, I can see where statements could be taken differently than were intended. I guess it comes down to familiarity with posting styles and comments of the posters here. We're a passionate bunch, but I don't think anyone here truly wishes to see any player injured.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:

The closest thing anybody said to a "wishing physical harm" to LaRose or Ruutu is Charlie_Girl who said that she wished somebody would take out LaRose. To me this sounds like she wants a hard hit on him, but not harm him. As for Pitkanen, it's true that Alchemy said "Somebody needs to kill Pitkanen" but this is one guy, not everybody. That comment is definitely over the line but such comments are made every single day by millions of people in anger and I doubt it's worth to make a big fuzz about it.

Let me clarify.

Yea and i didn't mean it as i wanted someone to literally to kill Pitkanen. If it offended anyone im sorry. I was just pissed but i honestly didn't literally want Pitkanen to die. I picked the wrong word i just wanted someone to hit Pits hard. Not kill him. I just chose the wrong word to express what i meant.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote