HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

A star for Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2008, 11:20 PM
  #1
McChucky
The Golden Ticket
 
McChucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: YEG
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
A star for Edm

Edmonton needs a top line player bad!! Give us your proposals to bring a Top player from your team to Edmonton and your asking price! They need to desperately shake things up. It doesn't seem like their gonna make a coaching change.

McChucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:52 PM
  #2
lefty2time*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
But what happened to all those cocky Edmonton fans at the begging of the season predicting their Oilers winning the northwest???
I thought u guys were jam packed with superstars?

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:54 PM
  #3
DBC Tweeker
Registered User
 
DBC Tweeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
To Edmonton:
Thomas Vanek

To Buffalo:
$$TEXAS

DBC Tweeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:57 PM
  #4
USC Trojans
New Era
 
USC Trojans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA Oiler fan
Posts: 12,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
But what happened to all those cocky Edmonton fans at the begging of the season predicting their Oilers winning the northwest???
I thought u guys were jam packed with superstars?
MacIntyre is out for an extended period. Thats already about 50 goals less.

USC Trojans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:59 PM
  #5
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
I hear this Dustin Penner kid is pretty good, I say the Oilers wait till after the season and throw an offer sheet at him, it'll be worth it, I mean what's a few draft picks anyway? You can never really tell if they are going to pan out. I mean Penner is going to be a top 6 threat for more than a few years.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:01 AM
  #6
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC Tweeker View Post
To Edmonton:
Thomas Vanek

To Buffalo:
$$TEXAS
"And you wagered... Texas with a dollar sign in front of it. I'm speechless."

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:16 AM
  #7
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC Tweeker View Post
To Edmonton:
Thomas Vanek

To Buffalo:
$$TEXAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
"And you wagered... Texas with a dollar sign in front of it. I'm speechless."
Kings will offer threeve players

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:18 AM
  #8
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Prucha for Hemsky

What happened to Ales?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:20 AM
  #9
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
Kings will offer threeve players
A combination of three and five. Simply stunning.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:20 AM
  #10
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Prucha for Hemsky

What happened to Ales?
22 points in 21 games, good enough for 18th in the league in scoring. No other Oilers forward has more than 11.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:25 AM
  #11
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,069
vCash: 500
I warned Oiler fans before the season started that a winning streak to end the season means nothing when they don't make the playoffs. I predicted Gagner's slump, Gilbert's slump, Garon's status as a number 1 netminder. (Check the "who will win the NW division thread if you don't believe me). Of course, all they could think about is Horcoff being a PPG player, Garon an undisputed number 1, Gilbert being a 4 million dollar Dman. That being said, I now predict the Oilers moving out of this slump as soon as Mac-T is fired. The man doesn't fit this team's roster, he should be moved to another position in the organization and have someone younger take over.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:26 AM
  #12
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
A combination of three and five. Simply stunning.
Suck it Trebek

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:27 AM
  #13
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
But what happened to all those cocky Edmonton fans at the begging of the season predicting their Oilers winning the northwest???
I thought u guys were jam packed with superstars?
I love how people play stupid. In the offseason most agreed that it would come down to the Oilers and Flames. Now everyone acts like they saw Gagner being on pace for 19 points the whole time. Most thought a sophomore slump for him would be about 40 points. Apparently now everyone new Cole would be on pace for about 10 goals and 30 points.

The Oilers have plenty excuses. We've played an insane amount of road games, we have a 3 headed monster for a goalie but in the end it comes down to the fact that MacT has lost the room. A team with Hemsky, Horcoff, Souray, Visnovsky, Cole Gagner, Cogliano, Penner and Gilbert should be good. The defense has actually been great. Souray is on pace for 60+ points, Visnovsky- 50+ points, Gilbert 45 points and Grebeshkov should finish with about 35 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I warned Oiler fans before the season started that a winning streak to end the season means nothing when they don't make the playoffs. I predicted Gagner's slump, Gilbert's slump, Garon's status as a number 1 netminder. (Check the "who will win the NW division thread if you don't believe me). Of course, all they could think about is Horcoff being a PPG player, Garon an undisputed number 1, Gilbert being a 4 million dollar Dman. That being said, I now predict the Oilers moving out of this slump as soon as Mac-T is fired. The man doesn't fit this team's roster, he should be moved to another position in the organization and have someone younger take over.
Well give yourself a pat on back. You predicted Gilbert's slump? 10 points in his last 11 games while playing 20+ minutes a night is a slump these days? Garon isn't a #1 goalie? How do you know? He hasn't played in a month. No one knows how good he is. You're right about MacT but that also ties into Garon. He has a loyalty to Roloson that is like no other. He's been given chance after chance to prove himself and it even took him 3 months of playing terrible last season to lose his job to Garon....Garon has 3 bad games and doesn't play for a month.


Last edited by Wheatking: 11-28-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:28 AM
  #14
ryz
Registered User
 
ryz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,245
vCash: 500
I thought that you guys thought that Hemsky was a big star.

ryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:45 AM
  #15
sensfan83*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
I'm hearing rumors that there is a deal in place between the Oilers and Sens. The reported deal is:

Heatley, Spezza, Foligno, Schubert, SJ 1st (~16.2mil)

for

Hemsky, Horcoff, Cole, Souray, Cogliano (~18.2mil)

Sens:
Cole-Fisher-Alfie
Cogliano-Horcoff-Hemsky
Vermette-Kelly-Winchester
Ruutu-McAmmond-Donovan
Neil

Kuba-Picard
Souray-Smith
Volchenkov-Phillips

Auld

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:46 AM
  #16
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Hahahha, what? That's a horrible rip job on the part of the Oilers. I hope Edmonton tosses in a bottle of KY with that.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:56 AM
  #17
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post

Heatley, Spezza, Foligno, Schubert, SJ 1st (~16.2mil)

for

Hemsky, Horcoff, Cole, Souray, Cogliano (~18.2mil)
Heatley would score maybe 25 goals, and I'd be surprised if Spezza got more than 70 points in the horrible offensive system MacT runs.


The optimism for the team was the fact alot of us figured we had enough talent to circumvent MacT.

We were wrong, he is destroying these players.

Valic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:57 AM
  #18
JoeHockey
 
JoeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryz View Post
I thought that you guys thought that Hemsky was a big star.
A point a game on a team where no one else has more than 11, and weekly highlight real goals, and assists. enough said.

JoeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 01:00 AM
  #19
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,944
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
I'm hearing rumors that there is a deal in place between the Oilers and Sens. The reported deal is:

Heatley, Spezza, Foligno, Schubert, SJ 1st (~16.2mil)

for

Hemsky, Horcoff, Cole, Souray, Cogliano (~18.2mil)

Sens:
Cole-Fisher-Alfie
Cogliano-Horcoff-Hemsky
Vermette-Kelly-Winchester
Ruutu-McAmmond-Donovan
Neil

Kuba-Picard
Souray-Smith
Volchenkov-Phillips

Auld
This deal will never ever happen. Edmonton just turns wimpier.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 01:02 AM
  #20
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Well give yourself a pat on back. You predicted Gilbert's slump? 10 points in his last 11 games while playing 20+ minutes a night is a slump these days? Garon isn't a #1 goalie? How do you know? He hasn't played in a month. No one knows how good he is. You're right about MacT but that also ties into Garon. He has a loyalty to Roloson that is like no other. He's been given chance after chance to prove himself and it even took him 3 months of playing terrible last season to lose his job to Garon....Garon has 3 bad games and doesn't play for a month.
Do you only look at points? Gilbert is soft like pancakes. The guy is like 6'3 and plays like hes 5'11. He doesn't show the same effort he did last year. Oh, and like more than half his assists are secondary assists. Still a solid player, but nothing like what he is suppose to be or paid to be.

Garon's problem is that he didn't bounce back from any of his bad games. Lays an egg in Colorado, and then in Vancouver. Sits against Boston and lays another egg in Nashville. Sits for another few games and then lays another egg in Pittsburg. The guy still deserves more chances for sure, but I said one of the Oiler's biggest problems this season might be in net. Half a season doesn't give Garon number 1 status. While barely anyone on this board was worried about it at all.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 01:06 AM
  #21
KrazyTea*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
I'm hearing rumors that there is a deal in place between the Oilers and Sens. The reported deal is:

Heatley, Spezza, Foligno, Schubert, SJ 1st (~16.2mil)

for

Hemsky, Horcoff, Cole, Souray, Cogliano (~18.2mil)

Sens:
Cole-Fisher-Alfie
Cogliano-Horcoff-Hemsky
Vermette-Kelly-Winchester
Ruutu-McAmmond-Donovan
Neil

Kuba-Picard
Souray-Smith
Volchenkov-Phillips

Auld
LMAO

KrazyTea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 01:14 AM
  #22
JoeHockey
 
JoeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Do you only look at points? Gilbert is soft like pancakes. The guy is like 6'3 and plays like hes 5'11. He doesn't show the same effort he did last year. Oh, and like more than half his assists are secondary assists. Still a solid player, but nothing like what he is suppose to be or paid to be.

Garon's problem is that he didn't bounce back from any of his bad games. Lays an egg in Colorado, and then in Vancouver. Sits against Boston and lays another egg in Nashville. Sits for another few games and then lays another egg in Pittsburg. The guy still deserves more chances for sure, but I said one of the Oiler's biggest problems this season might be in net. Half a season doesn't give Garon number 1 status. While barely anyone on this board was worried about it at all.
Gilbert has produced despite not playing well, and on a team that isn't scoring goals.

Garon has not even played bad, just mediocre. Roloson played terrible for stretches and the coach kept playing him to help him work himself of of it. Garon sits 14 games. That is a reflection of coaching not the goalie. We saw what garon can do last yr.

JoeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 01:14 AM
  #23
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHockey View Post
A point a game on a team where no one else has more than 11, and weekly highlight real goals, and assists. enough said.
No kidding. 22 points in 21 games on a team where Souray is the top goal scorer and the other 5 players on the top 2 lines have combined for 17 goals the entire season. It's amazing he's done as well as he has.

In the last 13 games the Oilers are 5-7-1 but Hemsky has still managed to have 6 goals and 16 points in those 13 games. He is the team right now. The fact that he can have a mini stretch where he plays like a 38 goal/101 point player and we still have a record line that says a lot about how the players around him are playing. Thornton couldn't win with this team...again, I believe it comes back to the coach.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 01:19 AM
  #24
silverfish
Player Usage
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 19,544
vCash: 500
Time to call up Rob Schremp and let him run wild with Hemsky.

Defense isn't important...right?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 01:21 AM
  #25
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Time to call up Rob Schremp and let him run wild with Hemsky.

Defense isn't important...right?
I think Schremp is at like an assist per game with only one goal. Right now he is definitely not the player for Hemsky.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.