Old
11-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Krejci Knows Techno
Playoffs *****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty View Post
I have one issue with the game however ... yeah i'm gonna get razzed for this
as much as a b's fan that I am .. I truly felt lucic should have spent some time in the box for the jackman hit
it is almost identical to the one that jones put bergy in the hospital for .. sorry just somthing i saw and feel the NHL really needs to hammer down on
my feeling was that it was a hit from behind, there is no question of that
lucic should have got 2 minutes for the hit from behind

but where i feel it is different than some of the hits that cause injury is that jackman was not far away from the boards when the hit occured, thus making it not a boarding penalty

what makes alot of these hits dangerous is that the neck is cocked and the face hits the boards and snaps the spine back

im not condoning this kind of behavior, just tossing in my 2 cents

Krejci Knows Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 06:33 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejci Knows Hockey View Post
my feeling was that it was a hit from behind, there is no question of that
lucic should have got 2 minutes for the hit from behind

but where i feel it is different than some of the hits that cause injury is that jackman was not far away from the boards when the hit occured, thus making it not a boarding penalty

what makes alot of these hits dangerous is that the neck is cocked and the face hits the boards and snaps the spine back

im not condoning this kind of behavior, just tossing in my 2 cents
I agree. Looch should have received a penalty for this. I really don't feel like Jackman changed his course (as Brick was inferring) or did anything too sudden.
Looch didn't go for the kill or anything but it was still a hit from behind and he should have sat down for two there.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Waltah*

definitely a hit from behind, luckily jackman was upright and close to the boards. looked like the worst that could come of this was what happened, minor cut to the face).

not that this would justify it, but im curious if jackman has some type of reputation that the refs just let it go?

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 391
Quote:
I agree and they look awesome on TV ... wish i could have made the game
i just wish they put laces on it to go ultra vintage
I loved them too...and agree the laces would look even better

11-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I loved them too...and agree the laces would look even better
meeee toooo

I thought Wheeler looked particularly formidable in all black.
I'm not particularly fond of the spoked B on the shoulder, but overall, me likes.

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
meeee toooo

I thought Wheeler looked particularly formidable in all black.
I'm not particularly fond of the spoked B on the shoulder, but overall, me likes.
made Chara look even bigger

Great fun to watch this team

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:04 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
I have one issue with the game however ... yeah i'm gonna get razzed for this
as much as a b's fan that I am .. I truly felt lucic should have spent some time in the box for the jackman hit
it is almost identical to the one that jones put bergy in the hospital for .. sorry just somthing i saw and feel the NHL really needs to hammer down on
The only way this hit was identical to the Jones hit was that it was from behind but that's where simularities end.
Bergy was far from the boards and when Jones hit him he had his arm up by his neck forcing his head/face into the boards.

I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a homer but the Lucic hit was no where near as bad. It was dumb, yes and he should have gotten two minutes but Lucic did the right thing once he realized Jackman wasn't going to curl along the boards. that being he pushed him up from his back (and not his head) and didn't steam roll him.

Lucic is huge and hits like a truck. If he was going at him full force without remorse Jackman would have been hurt bad but it's fairly obvious (to me anyway) Lucic saw he wasn't going to turn and instead tried to hit him with as little devastation as possible.

I defend him because Lucic isn't a cheap shot artist. As much as Habs fans and other fans who hate him will eat this up and say that he is, he isn't. A mistake he should probably have been penalized for but It really irks me when people put it on the same level as the Bergy hit.

When Lucic runs someone down who is 4 feet from the boards with their heads down and forces his head into the boards knocking them out cold then I will change my mind about Looch.

Until then Lucic has the most hits among players in the NHL. one of them is bound to be sketchy.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:40 PM
nutty

oh I don't think lucic was intending to do harm to jackman like what had been done to bergy. However the hit was in the wrong, I've had coaches sit players for a shift for less than that.

nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Neely08

Finally watched the replay of the game. Looch was wrong, should have gone to the box. Whether Jackman was going to turn, or what was in Milan's head is irrelevant, he drilled him from behind. Saving grace was, Jackman was real close to the boards. I don't wanna see him go down for something like that. I was actually shocked watching that he didn't get a penalty. Has to hit the brakes there, otherwise Milan hits as claen as anyone in the league. Stay that way

That aside, Lucic has earned his spot on the top line, he made some unbelievable passes last night off the boards. Kessel and Savard just elevate the pace of the game the second they're on the ice.

OT - Wheeler is starting to show flashes of unbelievable ability. He starts finishing those plays he starts, he could really light it up. Once this kid gets some confidence, look out. He's starting to.

Manny got smoked on the first goal, that didn't look good at all. He was pretty good the rest of the game, gave his team a chance to win, no doubt.

Love the new uni's, love the black socks. Not so sure on the logo (was fine on the shoulder), but it's a vast improvement over the gold, "drunken bear, hidden loser" or poobear jersey. Still say we need a snarling bear that looks like it's going to peel someones head like an orange.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote