HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

What would the Oilers want for souray to come back to Montreal

Old
11-28-2008, 03:57 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
rockinghockey
Rookie User

vCash: 500 Edmonton needs to make a trade who do you want

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edmonton needs to make a trade to get something going. Lets just say everyone is available for the right price. Who do you want and what will you give. We are not going to be ripped off so it has to be fair.

I believe this is one of the thread you started.
You dont want to get ripped off but dont mind to ripped other team off?!?!
Souray is playing very good hockey this year. His value has never been higher. He is just what Montreal needs to get their power play going. If we are going to give him up we are going to want a lot back in return. We are not just going to give him away for a fair package but this is a player that a team would have to over pay four. Plus he is signed for 3 more years after this year and with the way he is playing at a fair price.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
So we have a deal with Kovi; O Byrne prospect (that can put the puck in the net)and 1st
this doesnt make us a better team... Souray has more points then kovalev... smid is better then Obyrne.. only thing good is the 1st which might be a 25th overall.. All this does is frees up some cap room but creates big holes left by kovalev and souray..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Cappo40*

I'd likely say if they give Souray, a top D-Man to MTL, they'd want a Top D-Man back...

So likely would be:

To EDM:
Markov + Pick

To MTL:
Souray (with a pick possibly)

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:01 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
I'd likely say if they give Souray, a top D-Man to MTL, they'd want a Top D-Man back...

So likely would be:

To EDM:
Markov + Pick

To MTL:
Montreal is not trading Markov. He is their top dman ans Souray is our top dman. To get either off the team another team will have to over pay. This would not solve Montreal's problem. It is like trading 2 dollars for 2 dollars. For a cheaper fix maybe a player like Grebs. He can move the puck and can quarter back the power play.

Old
11-28-2008, 04:15 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:

So likely would be:

To EDM:
Markov + Pick

To MTL:
That would be a Major Overpayment from Montreal's Point of view. Markov is a Top 10 d-man in this league...Souray is not. He's playing great this year not doubt and is probably one of Edmonton's MVP, but the guy is still built with silly putty and peanut brittle. Who knows when he will get injured...and is often hot and cold.

He is not on the market and obviously if I was an Edmonton fan it would take a major overpayment...having said that, mentioning Markov and Price's names is just being unrealistic.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:

So likely would be:

To EDM:
Markov + Pick

To MTL:
bad joke right?

BTW i didn't know he was so usefull for Edmonton thus the proposal, glad to see he's doing well

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Tree444

Quote:

So likely would be:

To EDM:
Markov + Pick

To MTL:
As much as i love souray, i think you have the pick on the wrong side of the trade

Tree444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
bad joke right?

BTW i didn't know he was so usefull for Edmonton thus the proposal, glad to see he's doing well
Honestly, if I could guarantee Hemsky and Souray would play how they have so far this year for the next 5 years but could only pick one...

I might go with Souray.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:32 PM
JediMind

Agreed He is wearing the A and now is part of the core.

JediMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:46 PM
VelvetJones

I still think this is a silly thread, if Montreal ever traded assets for someone they could have just signed for cash they would burn downtown Montreal.

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:50 PM
rockinghockey

If they need a puck moving dman that is also reliable for defense they should go after Grebs. He doesnt have a high cap hit and would cost less and would help your team out.

Old
12-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I'm thrilled to read that Oilers' fans are happy with Souray. He was one of my favorite Habs when he was with us in spite of the negative surrounding him by some "fans". An ultimate leader, he needs to be paired with a defensive veteran defenseman in order to be the most productive.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:24 PM
RNHall

lol i really cant see him going any where. unless its a huge deal for us or we are not playoff bound near the end of the season and we want to completely rebuild.

RNHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I'm thrilled to read that Oilers' fans are happy with Souray. He was one of my favorite Habs when he was with us in spite of the negative surrounding him by some "fans". An ultimate leader, he needs to be paired with a defensive veteran defenseman in order to be the most productive.
So far he's spent the first 20 or so games paired with Visnovsky and then the rest with Gilbert. Our 2 most offensively minded d-men outside of Souray. In fact I'd argue that Visnovsky is most offensive minded of any of the Oielrs d-men. Souray has been fantastic with both of them.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 01:43 AM
ncredible

Montreal would have to over pay big time and mostly take a goalie as well.

To Montreal:
Souray
Roloson
Pouliot? Pisani? Someone anyways..

To Edmonton:
Halak
Kovalev
Higgins or Komisarek

It's not even worth making a proposal because Souray has his ntc for 3 more years so try again then. I'm so happy souray got that surgery on his shoulder and is back to his great form.

Last edited by ncredible: 12-02-2008 at 01:48 AM.
ncredible is offline   Reply With Quote