HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

ckac, latendresse, Akostitsyn ......

Old
11-28-2008, 05:06 PM
superstar436

vCash: 500
ckac, latendresse, Akostitsyn ......

I was listening to Bergie and Demers on CKAC ( I don't like it too much but they talk 45 minutes of hockey at 4 pm ) and for once I have to agree with them

They were talking about latendresse and the fact that the habs have been giving more chances to skosty and O'byrne who'se been having a rough season, and why they don't give Latendresse the same opportunities and tolerance. Bergie mentioned that Gui should play the RW because he did in the juniors and said play him with koivu instead of kosto. I agree with that and it made me raise another questions.

If Carbo is giving O'byrne chance to develop even though he had very bad nights, why not playing Akosty on the point or at RW and let him develop there by learning from the mistakes he will be doing.

Basically, if you are patient with one you should be patient with others as well. If it proves something, it would be the lack of logic that carbo and his crew have been using while managing this team. Logic like putting Lang on the 1st PP and not andrei k. Or lang on 4 on 3 PPs, but not andrei.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:16 PM
goalchenyuk

great ! a new topic around here ...

Since it's the first time we are going to talk about it , i will see all the arguments from the fans , before making up my mind .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:18 PM
snakeye

Carboneau is giving O'Byrne a chance by playing him.

Carboneau is giving Latendresse a chance by playing him.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:19 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I agree, they Shuffle Lats more then a dealer shuffles a deck of cards.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Krautso

Games are important but are all the fans and media have to go on. I'm betting that the other young guys are showing something off the ice or in practice to earn that commitment. If they are receiving specific direction (conditioning, diet/fitness, positionally, defensively, length of shifts, effort whatever) and not doing as the coach says its pretty easy to find yourself on the outside looking in regardless of the actual result on the ice.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
I agree, they Shuffle Lats more then a dealer shuffles a deck of cards.
Yes, but all he has to do is stand in front of the net. I guarantee you if he does this, he'll be placed and stick on the top lines.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheGoalJudge

Latendresse sucks, honestly. I'm trying to be patient but I'm running out.

TheGoalJudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:23 PM
MrNasty

Latendresse has been giving more than enough special treatment. He has never played in the AHL and could have easily during poor play last year. Is it because he has a french name? I like him but he is not getting shafted.

Last year, Carbs was critcized for not letting the Russian players play...which is it? Give me a break!

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
I was listening to Bergie and Demers on CKAC ( I don't like it too much but they talk 45 minutes of hockey at 4 pm ) and for once I have to agree with them

They were talking about latendresse and the fact that the habs have been giving more chances to skosty and O'byrne who'se been having a rough season, and why they don't give Latendresse the same opportunities and tolerance. Bergie mentioned that Gui should play the RW because he did in the juniors and said play him with koivu instead of kosto. I agree with that and it made me raise another questions.

If Carbo is giving O'byrne chance to develop even though he had very bad nights, why not playing Akosty on the point or at RW and let him develop there by learning from the mistakes he will be doing.

Basically, if you are patient with one you should be patient with others as well. If it proves something, it would be the lack of logic that carbo and his crew have been using while managing this team. Logic like putting Lang on the 1st PP and not andrei k. Or lang on 4 on 3 PPs, but not andrei.
What part is the quote from Bergeron? What part is your opinion? It's not very clear from your post.

Carbo is being patient with O'Byrne because he has no choice. Komisarek's hurt. There are no ready replacements in Hamilton. Does he want Latendresse to replace O'Byrne?

Is he somehow yoking SKost with O'Byrne? Does he want Latendresse to replace SKost on the point during the PP, on the PK, etc...?

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
OneSharpMarble

LEAVE GUI ALOOONE!

He is shuffled because he has no role, the guy doesn't have a single thing that he is elite at. He has many skills he is OK at but nothing that defines him.
- Doesn't throw big checks
- Doesn't grind in the corners
- Doesn't dangle
- Doesn't play well defensivly
- He has a decent shot but not at a snipers level
- His passing is ok but can't really be called a playmaker
- Not fast enough and doesn't forecheck much
- Doesn't have the tenacity or drive of say Kosto

Carbo gives him piles of chances, the cheerleaders here need to realize that Lats is the one not doing anything with those chances.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post

As for Lats, I would venture that the difference between the perceived "shorter leash" that he has compared to O'byrne is a matter of necessity, not generosity.

The habs likely decided in the pre-season that O'byrne is a better option playing minutes with the big club than say Henry or Belle, so they kept him in montreal, and now with Komi's injury, there is little option but to "play him through his learning process"... the alternative being to send him down and replace him with a player they previously judged to be below him on the depth charts.

Lats, on the other hand, is under more competition given that (until recently) we had a healthy roster of forwards, with 2 guys forced to sit out every game. They gave him a shot on the first line, and despite his production, obviously felt that the team would be better served with someone else in that spot. Since getting "demoted", he hasn't really played well enough to force the issue, whereas Carbo seems to feel that the team is better off with other guys in that spot.

If the habs didn't have the depth that they have upfront, if lats played for a weaker team, no doubt he'd benefit from more patience as he learns on the job... O'byrne is simply benefiting from our suspect defensive depth.

though i do agree that it's quite strange that Kots doesn't get more pp time... even if not putting up a ton of points, from what I've seen he certainly looks to be playing well enough to deserve more time...
... and i would also say that it's a little strange that carbo feels like the team is better off with lats elsewhere in the lineup considering how hot the team was at the start of the season, when he was on the first line. while i do recognize that the team won some games it should have lost, sometimes it's best to just not mess with a good thing...

in carbo we trust...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
LEAVE GUI ALOOONE!

He is shuffled because he has no role, the guy doesn't have a single thing that he is elite at. He has many skills he is OK at but nothing that defines him.
- Doesn't dangle

Carbo gives him piles of chances, the cheerleaders here need to realize that Lats is the one not doing anything with those chances.

Bang on.

Also, those cheerleaders should realize that when they say "be patient, he's only 21" this goes both ways. He's only 21 and doesn't seem ready to take on the role they want and dream him of playing. Be patient and one day he'll be a regular on the top lines.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:45 PM
kostitsyn1489

HOW IN HELL IS CARBO GIVING O'BYRNE MORE CHANCES?

We have 6 defencemen, Maybe they wanna dress only 5, but i dont think it would solve the problem.

Give young players a freakin break, Lats had his times where he got a better treatment there other. Didnt he get promoted on the 1st line despite sucking badly?

Honestly saying O'Byrne got more chances is just totally stupid and shows how clueless they are.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Pascal

It's good to see more people are finally seeing what I was harping about in the last year with Lats.

I'm still hoping he somehow develops a part of his personality to a point where he won't call some guy after a fight to make sure he's OK.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:15 PM
mrCoffea*

Maybe if Latendresse showed a tiny bit of talent for once in his career, they would give him a chance

as far as I'm concerned, every time they shuffle him it's giving him a chance to see if FINALLY he can be useful in one way or another. Yet every time they do, he isn't, and people then blame it on the fact that he's being shuffled?

Give me a break. The guy sucks, he will never develop into anything and the sooner we get rid of him the better the team will be. The guy's living off one impressive pre-season run 3 years ago, give it a break. Lightning definitely doesn't strike twice when it comes to him

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:16 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
LEAVE GUI ALOOONE!

- Doesn't dangle

Totally agree, if he was not being given a chance he would have been sent down to the minors a long time ago. Instead he has been in the NHL for the last two seasons, playing all the time even though he is far from consistent even now.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
HA HA HA Latendresse has been given the benefit of the doubt for 3 years now. LOL.......There's no one on this team that has had more chances to crack the top lines then him.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:05 PM
superstar436

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
HOW IN HELL IS CARBO GIVING O'BYRNE MORE CHANCES?

We have 6 defencemen, Maybe they wanna dress only 5, but i dont think it would solve the problem.

Give young players a freakin break, Lats had his times where he got a better treatment there other. Didnt he get promoted on the 1st line despite sucking badly?

Honestly saying O'Byrne got more chances is just totally stupid and shows how clueless they are.
He is playing O'byrne close to 17 minutes a game lately with Hamrlik ( except last 2 games ) and giving him more responsibilities. Latendresse has not been playing that time. I am more interested by Andrei K, who does plays les than Lang on PP. The day Andrei K plays more than 20 minutes PM me

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:07 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
of course we havent been giving latendresse a chance this season, he has only playd with koivu for half the games so far and another quarter with lang and sergei, but we are not giving him a chance...

bergie should shut up and put a side that latendresse is french and maybe realize that he sucks

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Yeah is French and he's playing for the Habs.....I mean is a good enough reason to hate him.

I can complain too if i want....I mean I have acomplish so much in my life that I can judge NHL player...Cause I'm certainly not jalous of their status of star and the fact that they are young and rich and the fact that they are banging hot lady

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:38 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yes, but all he has to do is stand in front of the net. I guarantee you if he does this, he'll be placed and stick on the top lines.
I pretty much agree. Gui should watch Tomas Holmstrom and imitate him move for move. He has the hands and the size to plant himself in front of the net and score tons of goals. I really think he hasn't found his place, literally, in the NHL. He's not in the Q anymore, he physically can't go end to end with the puck anymore and carry a team like he did. I really think Power Forward type players have a tough time realizing this until later in their careers, but when they do, they have the potential to explode. I'm still ready to be patient with him, although it's hard to justify his place in the lineup sometimes. I can just see him being traded and everyone regretting it sometime in the future.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
I pretty much agree. Gui should watch Tomas Holmstrom and imitate him move for move.
You know the funny part....HE DID!

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...retranches.php

«Durant le match contre Detroit, j'ai beaucoup regardé comment se positionnait Tomas Holmstrom en avantage numérique», a expliqué Latendresse.

He knows what to do.....he just doesn't want to do it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:48 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

«Durant le match contre Detroit, j'ai beaucoup regardé comment se positionnait Tomas Holmstrom en avantage numérique», a expliqué Latendresse.

Hehe alright I change my post to "He should watch and DO what Tomas Holmstrom does". He's young, he's still living the dream. With maturity will hopefully come the realization that there's some things that don't fit into his game any more and others that he'll have to start wanting to do if he wants to get to where he can be. He's a fantastic hockey player, he just doesn't use what he has to his advantage yet. It will come, players don't play 10+ years doing things the wrong way. If he wants to play that long in this league, he'll make the adjustments. In the same vein, we have to realize it won't happen overnight.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
Hehe alright I change my post to "He should watch and DO what Tomas Holmstrom does". He's young, he's still living the dream. With maturity will hopefully come the realization that there's some things that don't fit into his game any more and others that he'll have to start wanting to do if he wants to get to where he can be. He's a fantastic hockey player, he just doesn't use what he has to his advantage yet. It will come, players don't play 10+ years doing things the wrong way. If he wants to play that long in this league, he'll make the adjustments. In the same vein, we have to realize it won't happen overnight.
He'll move his lard ass when Pacioretty makes the team and it occurs to him that he'll have to compete for his position. Same with the lesser Kostitsyn brother.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I rarely do it, but I'll have to defend him on this one. He has not been given the chance to try it. He almost never plays on the PP, how can he improve??

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote