HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Black Friday

Old
11-28-2008, 12:36 PM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 1004
Black Friday

I dunno why this topic hasn't been started yet. Don't we all love a good sale?

Has anyone else noticed that Sports Authority appears to be offering their 30% off NHL apparel deal on their web site? I have a cap and a T-shirt in my cart right now that are marked 30% off. They are specifically labeled "Doorbuster" so look for that.

The in-store doorbuster deal for 30% off ends at 3 PM, so I've gotta guess that the online deal ends at the same time. Take advantage of it if you want some cheap Sharks gear.

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
I got an email "Today Only - Free Customization on Authentic Jerseys"; Free Shipping too... but paying $300 for a jersey? that's just too much.
http://link.shop.nhl.com/r/HX6S2Q/EW...MUJ3/SUA9/B4/h

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Ender

Send a message via AIM to Ender Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Got a pair of boots for half price (45, usually 90) at Sears. I love the steel toe on them. So did anyone else hear about the guy killed at Walmart?

Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Obsessed Sharks Fan

Send a message via AIM to Obsessed Sharks Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Got a pair of boots for half price (45, usually 90) at Sears. I love the steel toe on them. So did anyone else hear about the guy killed at Walmart?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/...wal_mart_death

crazy!!

Obsessed Sharks Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed Sharks Fan View Post
Matieralism gone wrong*.

*Not like it can go right.

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Patrick Bateman

Don't these people have family and work? I mean, waiting since Thursday morning? Get a ****ing life. :

Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:51 PM
drunksage

I bet a lot of them are going with family, and maybe they are college or high school kids who are off on a long weekend. Heck, even the "grown-ups" take Friday off too.

Anyone manage to score some nice tech loot? I wasn't in dire need of upgrades this year so I didn't push myself to go to a Best Buy or something, but I'm interested in how the traffic was at those stores.

Old
11-29-2008, 12:53 AM
CJL182

It's really sad and pathetic how the Walmart employee was killed. He was only frickin 34... I heard that these two guys got into an argument at a Toys R' Us down in SoCal, shot each other, and died. Who the hell brings a gun to Black Friday???

On a brighter note, I managed to snag up 3 copies of Left 4 Dead for the PC from Amazon for $19.95 at midnight. I think they sold out in about 5 minutes lol. One is for me, and the other 2 are Christmas gifts for my friends. I wanted to get one last copy for my other friend, but Amazon put the limit at 3, which I actually appreciate lol.

CJL182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:15 AM
CrazySpartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed Sharks Fan View Post
So sad. I was talking about that with my neighbor this morning when I came home. Absolutely crazy, reason why I never go to Walmart. I remember last year a woman died because she was trampled to death trying to buy DVDs.

I went to Old Navy and Champs, got there at 6 am and got home before 8am There weren't too many people there, bet they were all at Macy's. Got 2 sets of pajamas, 2 camis, and a pair for jeans for $14.50 at Old Navys. Then got 2 hoodies at Champs for $10 each.

CrazySpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:43 AM
what

I hate encountering shoppers on Black Friday. It's as if common courtesy is excused for a day and people have the right to be rude. I was browsing through the racks by myself in a fairly empty store (it was late in the day) when someone came up to me on two separate occasions and just started grabbing the same items I was looking at as if I wasn't even there!

And what about those two dudes who shot each other to death at Toys 'R Us in Socal? More .

09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 04:01 AM
Patrick Bateman

I got another PS3 plus Little Big Planet and Pirate of the Caribbean Trilogy on bluray for $199 from Amazon's customer vote promotion. Way better than any Black Friday deal I could have got in a store, and I get to sleep in and not get trampled or shot at by crazy idiots.

Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 04:22 AM
drunksage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezilla View Post
I got another PS3 plus Little Big Planet and Pirate of the Caribbean Trilogy on bluray for $199 from Amazon's customer vote promotion. Way better than any Black Friday deal I could have got in a store, and I get to sleep in and not get trampled or shot at by crazy idiots.
Wow, they picked you? Lucky dog.

(disappointed that they didn't select me)

Old
11-29-2008, 05:33 AM
Bizz06
#FireDougWilson

vCash: 50
Even though the deals werent that hot this year, I ended up going a few places at 5am this morning.

First stop was Circuit City off of Almaden, The crowd there was pretty calm, everyone walked into the store, no pushing, no shoving, no shouting, no screaming, unlike some of the places I went to last year. There was quite a few people there sporting Sharks apparel, including myself, which was cool. I ended up getting what I came for. Unlike my normal trips to Circuit, the customer service there was extremely good, I guess being on the verge of bankrupcy will change a few attitudes in some stores.

Second stop was the Best Buy across the freeway, I was expecting them to be out of the Entourage DVDs that were on sale for $10, but they had more than plenty, so I picked those up along with a couple other DVDs and Games. The lines were longer but they were moving very fast. Other than a few rude drivers in the parking lot, the crowd there wasn't crazy one bit.

Third Stop was Toys R Us down the street, there were no lines but it looked like they were out of the $40 Digital Photo Frames I wanted to buy for my grandmother. I took a trip down each aisle and found one stashed behind a box of legos. I learned from my days of working at Fry's that you shouldnt give up on finding that hot deal just because it looks like they may be out of them, check the store's usual 'Go Backs' area and down each aisle in the larger stores, you may just find one somone had second thoughts about and left it behind.

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:08 AM
CJL182

Quote:
Damn, you are INCREDIBLY lucky lol. Congrats. LBP is awesome, but it would be more awesome if they didn't mod so many user created levels for damn IP infringement.

CJL182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:42 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Send a message via AIM to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via MSN to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via Yahoo to xMARCStheSPOT
I only had one thing to get yesterday. An iPod Touch, however i couldnt find a deal that was low enough for me to be able to buy it. =[ a couple hours in line, going to a few different stores, and came out empty handed

xMARCStheSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:32 PM
WebMistress

Send a message via AIM to WebMistress
i didn't get to shop. i was filing police reports.

WebMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:28 AM
drunksage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan3991 View Post
I only had one thing to get yesterday. An iPod Touch, however i couldnt find a deal that was low enough for me to be able to buy it. =[ a couple hours in line, going to a few different stores, and came out empty handed
http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/No/4...ewidesearch.do

Are the iPod Touch deals on this page any good?

Old
12-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
I waited to do my shopping, as I didn't have much. Went to staples to get a Microsoft 6000 wireless keyboard and mouse for $60 off, and a 8GB Flash Drive for $20. Then off to Lowes for some tools and a $9.99 crock-pot.. and that was it.

There really wasn't a whole out there in the ads that I really wanted.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:29 AM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

I bought a tuxedo since it's apparently the same price to buy the tux as it is to rent it for a week.....

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 02:57 AM
krudmonk

krudmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Ender

Send a message via AIM to Ender Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL182 View Post
It's really sad and pathetic how the Walmart employee was killed. He was only frickin 34... I heard that these two guys got into an argument at a Toys R' Us down in SoCal, shot each other, and died. Who the hell brings a gun to Black Friday???
They think it could be gang related.

Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:25 PM
param

vCash: 50
Quote:
god i hate you, i had to settle for an xbox360 since i didn't get picked. best buy had a great online deal...$300 for a 60GB and four recent games (kung fu panda ftw).

param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:43 AM
drunksage

This is a tangent from the original post sorta, but Sports Authority will give 25% any single item in-store or online from now through Saturday. Including jerseys, apparently.

Use the code TSAXUEU at checkout to take advantage (although my cart already shows the discount in the subtotal).

Old
12-04-2008, 04:08 AM
DarKarTs

Send a message via AIM to DarKarTs Send a message via MSN to DarKarTs Send a message via Skype™ to DarKarTs
Yep, i was banned or i would've told everyone at sports authority they had jerseys for 102, i got a thornton one.

DarKarTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

Quote:
How dare you buy something online and save $$$, you sinner.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote