HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kotalik may play Saturday/How can Max play any more?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2008, 06:31 PM
  #1
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Kotalik may play Saturday/How can Max play any more?

http://www.wgr550.com/Vanek-slightly...close-/3399893

Quote:
Ruff says Ales Kotalik is almost ready to play tonight, but won't. There's a pretty good chance he'll play tomorrow in Montreal. Kotalik has been recovering from a pulled hamstring.
With Kotalik returning and Mancari asserting himself. I can't see Max being a regular in the lineup anymore. There are 4 viable top 9 options for right wing with Kotalik's return not counting Max. Pommer and kotalik are easily more reliable players. Stafford has shown promise and hopefully gets his game all the way back. he seems to be getting there abit in the last few games. Mancari is still an unknown but has shown some promising characteristics. I would much rather see any of the 4 playing ahead of Max

Depth at RW

Pommer
Kotalik
Stafford
Mancari
Kaleta
Mair
Max



Depth at LW

Vanek
Hecht
Mac
Goose
Paille
Kotalik can play it as well
Peters

Center depth

Roy
Hecht
Connolly
Goose
Mac
Mair
Ellis


I just wish they could trade him at this point. But all indications are no one wants him right now.


Last edited by joshjull: 11-28-2008 at 06:39 PM.
joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:58 PM
  #2
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Max is an unfair scapegoat.

Ruff refuses to play him with skill players, then ***** all over him for not being able to produce while playing with grinders and 4th liners.

The turnovers thing is BS, he currently ranks 2nd on the team, after Vanek and 1 ahead of Roy.

He's a top 6 forward, play him with other skill players or get rid of him, but Ruff's being extremely unfair to him.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:03 PM
  #3
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Max is an unfair scapegoat.

Ruff refuses to play him with skill players, then ***** all over him for not being able to produce while playing with grinders and 4th liners.

The turnovers thing is BS, he currently ranks 2nd on the team, after Vanek and 1 ahead of Roy.

He's a top 6 forward, play him with other skill players or get rid of him, but Ruff's being extremely unfair to him.
He has never been a successful top 6 forward ever.

I guess you never listen to Ruff talk about why he sits. Its not because of his offense its because of his defensive play and his play away from the puck.

He is in his 9th season and its pathetic that he still needs to have that reinforced.

The other players that have struggled at times with their defensive game or paly away from the puck; Roy, Vanek, Paille, Stafford, MacArthur. They are in the early years of their careers and are still learning the game. They are having expected growing pains. Max has no such excuse.

The only scapegoating I see is being done by you. Blaming eveyone from Max's linemates to his coach for his problems. When the issue is Max himself and always has been.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:10 PM
  #4
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Pretty nice play on that goal, of course he was out there with finishers, so that helps.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:17 PM
  #5
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Pretty nice play on that goal, of course he was out there with finishers, so that helps.

Stafford, Paille, Macarthur have all played with Max. So they would be the 4th line grinders you were refering to. But now Stafford is a finisher

I love how weeks of utter garbage play gets erased by one good shift. I'm willing to bet you are not that charitable with most other players

But then all of those players and Ruff according to your earlier post are the cause of Max's problems.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
  #6
Freezerburn
Registered User
 
Freezerburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Beamsville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
With the way Max played on Wednesday I don't want to take him out of the lineup.

Freezerburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:22 PM
  #7
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Stafford, Paille, Macarthur have all played with Max. So they would be the 4th line grinders you were refering to. But now Stafford is a finisher

I love how weeks of utter garbage play gets erased by one good shift. I'm willing to bet you are not that charitable with most other players

But then all of those players and Ruff according to your earlier post are the cause of Max's problems.
Deny that Ruff doesn't play favorites, Adam Mair has been in the top 9 for most of the season, he deserves to be there about as much as I do.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:26 PM
  #8
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,686
vCash: 500
max is a way better player then he is being credited for. i hope we trade him because we don't have the personnel to be so flashy anymore. max may be our best rw as far as creating chances go.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:26 PM
  #9
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Deny that Ruff doesn't play favorites, Adam Mair has been in the top 9 for most of the season, he deserves to be there about as much as I do.
Who cares if he plays favorites

Max was in the top 9 then and to be honest I bet I could find plenty of praise for the line of Kotalik/Mair/Max from the first few games.

When the team is healthy Mair should be on the 4th line and usually is. Unfortunately many guys that should be in the top 9 struggled to start the year or were out injured

What does that matter anyway?

If Max does what he is supposed to defensively and away from the puck he will play and thats a fact. When he doesn't his playing time gets reduced or he sits.

Max's problems are caused by HIS play and no one else.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:29 PM
  #10
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Let's just hope he's upping his trade value, because that would probably benefit us the most.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:31 PM
  #11
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,686
vCash: 500
yeah for sure. he should get a good return. i have tried to argue that some of his offensive woes are team related. he is playing like a star tonight though.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
  #12
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Let's just hope he's upping his trade value, because that would probably benefit us the most.
I'm amazed that no one has interested in him right now. In the right situation he can be an effective player.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:41 PM
  #13
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I'm amazed that no one has interested in him right now. In the right situation he can be an effective player.
you mean playing with other offensive players??

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:49 PM
  #14
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
you mean playing with other offensive players??




I think he would fit on a more veteran team that already has a very solid defensive system.

On a team like that his defensive liabilities would be less of an issue.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:27 PM
  #15
Hobey Baker
Registered User
 
Hobey Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Charlestown
Country: United States
Posts: 7,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I'm amazed that no one has interested in him right now. In the right situation he can be an effective player.
Mild interest could be getting a little warmer. Word is that there are over ten teams with scouts in the building tonight. A scant few looking for Pesonen (keep looking - the guy has played about three minutes), but most looking at Max. This team needs to make a deal.

EDIT: Ten teams on a Friday isn't out of the ordinary, but they are surely paying close attention to 61.

Hobey Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:29 PM
  #16
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
Mild interest could be getting a little warmer. Word is that there are over ten teams with scouts in the building tonight. A scant few looking for Pesonen (keep looking - the guy has played about three minutes), but most looking at Max. This team needs to make a deal.
THanks for that info Bakes

Very interesting. Maybe Max knows hence his play tonight

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:33 PM
  #17
Hobey Baker
Registered User
 
Hobey Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Charlestown
Country: United States
Posts: 7,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
THanks for that info Bakes

Very interesting. Maybe Max knows hence his play tonight
I still don't think that was a pass to Stafford. I think he wanted the wrap, but it slipped...:serious:

Hobey Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:26 PM
  #18
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
I still don't think that was a pass to Stafford. I think he wanted the wrap, but it slipped...:serious:
Watching the replay I have to agree

Max actually going to the net is very nice to see.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:33 PM
  #19
aceface33
Registered User
 
aceface33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Herkimer, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Very interesting. Maybe Max knows hence his play tonight
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe for Max it was the better he plays the greater chance he gets a ticket out of town. He's had to have about had it with Ruff.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:41 PM
  #20
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 34,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe for Max it was the better he plays the greater chance he gets a ticket out of town. He's had to have about had it with Ruff.
I hope he gets moved and soon. Mancari is ready for the next level and I would like to see him stay. He isn't some youngster that needs seasoning like Kennedy and Gerbe

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:55 PM
  #21
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,686
vCash: 500
it will be interesting to see what max can bring in return. i have to agree that he could do great things for a few teams out there. Phoenix comes to mind. they are loaded with centers

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:30 AM
  #22
OSUlakers
Registered User
 
OSUlakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 586
vCash: 500
yeah took max long enough. he has one game, people will forget temporarily how fustrating he is, and we will all be at his throat again next game. Can't wait to see him traded. Will not miss anything. The highlight reel goal to piss me the F off ratio is way to high.

OSUlakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 05:31 AM
  #23
The Real
Registered User
 
The Real's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUlakers View Post
yeah took max long enough. he has one game, people will forget temporarily how fustrating he is, and we will all be at his throat again next game. Can't wait to see him traded. Will not miss anything. The highlight reel goal to piss me the F off ratio is way to high.


Amen brother, amen.

The Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:42 AM
  #24
Tra La La
Registered User
 
Tra La La's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
I think I'd Rest Vanek tonight. Let his leg heal a little. I'd like to see T.V. as fresh and healthy for the southern roadtrip as possible.

If he can go? I'd put Kotalik in Vaneks spot with Roy/Stafford.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:48 AM
  #25
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,966
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be surprised to see MacArthur sit out or Mancari get sent down, though Ruff may opt not to juggle his lineup at all.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.