HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's LARAQUE?

Old
11-28-2008, 08:16 PM
old scotia

vCash: 500
Where's LARAQUE?

Is he hurt? I can't believe he is a healthy scratch for the last 3 games. Thanks

old scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:17 PM
CHestah in Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
Is he hurt? I can't believe he is a healthy scratch for the last 3 games. Thanks

Wonky groin; hurt.

CHestah in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Don't believe it cause he's not healthy

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:20 PM
old scotia

Ok thanks. Glad to hear Carbo wasn't benching him. Thanks for info!

old scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:13 AM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Off topic.I dont know if you guys noticed, but Lucic in 15 NHL fights has fought 13 times in Boston.
What a *****.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:15 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Off topic.I dont know if you guys noticed, but Lucic in 15 NHL fights has fought 13 times in Boston.
What a *****.
That's ok, we'll just have to wait till Laraque embarrasses him in Boston.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 06:22 AM
HurtsDonut*

Noone wants to fight him so it doesnt seem any reason to play him no?

HurtsDonut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:30 AM
smack66

Quote:
i believe he followed Milan Lucic into the bathroom following his post game meal......

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:26 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsDonut View Post
Noone wants to fight him so it doesnt seem any reason to play him no?
A guy like Brashear doesn't care if the other guy wants to fight him or not... That's what makes him a feared quality enforcer. FFS, he put a beating on last years 3rd overall pick... all 195 pounds of him.

Laraque sticks to an archaic code that may very well end up getting him booed of the ice by the end of the season. Lord knows, he already deserves it.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
What a *****.
Little by little this year i've noticed him refusing to fight guys after guys with a big Ribeiro-like smile. If that continue the word is gonna be passed around the league amongst the guys and he's gonna lose their respect.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:23 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
A guy like Brashear doesn't care if the other guy wants to fight him or not... That's what makes him a feared quality enforcer. FFS, he put a beating on last years 3rd overall pick... all 195 pounds of him.

Laraque sticks to an archaic code that may very well end up getting him booed of the ice by the end of the season. Lord knows, he already deserves it.
Yes.

Lucic would'nt be able to act the way he act with guys like Probert, Dave Brown, Tie Domi, Tony Twist Joey Kocur still in the league.They would'nt care taking the game misconduct and even the 1 game suspension to send the message. You an be sure Lucic would probably calm down quite a bit.

Old
11-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Haywood*

Quote:
Yes.

Lucic would'nt be able to act the way he act with guys like Probert, Dave Brown, Tie Domi, Tony Twist Joey Kocur still in the league.They would'nt care taking the game misconduct and even the 1 game suspension to send the message. You an be sure Lucic would probably calm down quite a bit.
I think you guys are far too touchy about this to be honest. I could see if Lucic were a dirty hitter (a la Kaleta or Neil), but he isn't. He physically dominates games very cleanly, and is very deserving of his first line spot.

Every time I watch a game against Buffalo I get nervous when skill players are on the ice at the same time as Kaleta. He hits from the side/behind late, and really is going to injure someone at some point. In that respect I like a guy like Lucic because his hits are always anticipated, it's just that he's so god damn big that they're still devistating.

He'll fight Laraque, just give it time.

Haywood* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:36 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Yes.

I'm already so sick of Laraque and we're only 4 months into his 36 month contract. He just needs to stop thinking of himself as a hockey player, and start acting like the sideshow freak that he is. But unfortunately he thinks that he's actually more valuable on the ice than in the penalty box, and management doesn't have the backbone to set him straight.

Old
11-29-2008, 02:41 PM
BigTimer*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ybtRwAcZI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJlD0...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HonwZd4k62k

You will never see Laraque do that... and that's why he's completely useless except for some team like Florida or Nashville who want to fill some seats.

Old
11-29-2008, 02:45 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I think you guys are far too touchy about this to be honest. I could see if Lucic were a dirty hitter (a la Kaleta or Neil), but he isn't. He physically dominates games very cleanly, and is very deserving of his first line spot.

Every time I watch a game against Buffalo I get nervous when skill players are on the ice at the same time as Kaleta. He hits from the side/behind late, and really is going to injure someone at some point. In that respect I like a guy like Lucic because his hits are always anticipated, it's just that he's so god damn big that they're still devistating.

He'll fight Laraque, just give it time.
Lucic would'nt act the way he act 15-20 years ago simple is that.
Lucic, 6'4 220 tough guy going at smaller, non-figther guy (except Ivanans) and winning most of is fight and acting like an idiot after, but still refusing to go with the big boys.

Lucic might go with Laraque, in Boston, after Laraque went with Thornton, Chara and with Laraque being at the end of a shift.

Old
11-29-2008, 02:53 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:

You will never see Laraque do that... and that's why he's completely useless except for some team like Florida or Nashville who want to fill some seats.
Danald is UFA next summer,i would love a 4th line with Laraque-Chipchura-Brashear

Old
11-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:

Actually, of your 3 examples the only one I would want to see Georges doing is a fight from 13 years ago against another legitimate tough guy, something which Brashear doesn't do nearly as much any more.

I don't think we need Laraque jumping an 18 year old kid to tune him up for throwing a body check or sucker punching someone with his glove still on.

Obviously he will never be aggressive enough for you, but, I'll wait until he's healthy before considering him entirely useless.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:03 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
Actually, of your 3 examples the only one I would want to see Georges doing is a fight from 13 years ago against another legitimate tough guy, something which Brashear doesn't do nearly as much any more.

I don't think we need Laraque jumping an 18 year old kid to tune him up for throwing a body check or sucker punching someone with his glove still on.

Obviously he will never be aggressive enough for you, but, I'll wait until he's healthy before considering him entirely useless.
A bunch of ghandi's in here... just turn the other cheek eh.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
A bunch of ghandi's in here... just turn the other cheek eh.
Ya, that's it, peace over anything else. Read what I said & come back with something a little more insightful.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:09 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Danald is UFA next summer,i would love a 4th line with Laraque-Chipchura-Brashear
Yeah until Carbo starts putting Brashear on the 2nd line.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
Ya, that's it, peace over anything else. Read what I said & come back with something a little more insightful.
Listen, Laraque isn't doing his job because he abides by an archaic code. Gainey and Carbo don't have the nerve to tell him that until his "code" starts signing his pay-cheques, that he's to shut his mouth and do what he's told.

So this is all a moot point. We're stuck with this sideshow freak who thinks of himself as an actual hockey player. Gainey and Carbo won't do anything about it.

The thing is, Gainey and Carbo have limited mental capacity so I'm understanding when it comes to their poor memory. But what's your excuse? Do you not remember Thornton punching Hamrlik in the face last season? Do you not remember Lucic taking Komisarek out right before the playoffs. To be honest, Komi hasn't been the same ever since.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:19 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Yeah until Carbo starts putting Brashear on the 2nd line.

At least Brashear has the speed to play on the second line.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Listen, Laraque isn't doing his job because he abides by an archaic code. Gainey and Carbo don't have the nerve to tell him that until his "code" starts signing his pay-cheques, that he's to shut his mouth and do what he's told.

So this is all a moot point. We're stuck with this sideshow freak who thinks of himself as an actual hockey player. Gainey and Carbo won't do anything about it.

The thing is, Gainey and Carbo have limited mental capacity so I'm understanding when it comes to their poor memory. But what's your excuse? Do you not remember Thornton punching Hamrlik in the face last season? Do you not remember Lucic taking Komisarek out right before the playoffs. To be honest, Komi hasn't been the same ever since.
My excuse? I don't need one. I'll wait until I see more of Laraque before I consider him totally useless. In the meantime continue with your opinion.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

At least Brashear has the speed to play on the second line.
You're joking right? Brashear is done. There are tougher guys out there than Brashear that people can propose as a replacement for Laraques.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:30 PM
kovalost27

We should use Laraque to enforce some of our players if they don't do a good job.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote