HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida/Rangers as trading Partners?

Old
11-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Then you need to go to the doctor. Because that is a huge overpayment for a 60 point player.
At Horton's contract, no way you're getting him for that.

11-29-2008, 04:00 PM
In The Flesh

How about this.

Rozsival and Prucha for Noah Welch and Greg Campbell

FLA gets Rozi, a decent D man, who will add offense, signed long term, gets a change of scenery he needs, no pressure in FLA, and doesn't have to be their #1 guy, as well as a bunch of his fellow countrymen. And Prucha, who, if given, maybe 10 min a game can add offense, always comes to work, not afraid of anything, and will be a great role player for a young rebuilding squad.

Rangers get Welch, bottom pairing D man, did he even play last night? Really a throw in to cover the position (FLA fans fill in anything else about him, maybe I'm overlooking him) and Campbell, a good bottom 6 guy, from what I've seen, who could probably add more than Fritsche, even thou he has come around a bit lately.

ANy takers??

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 06:42 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
How about this.

Rozsival and Prucha for Noah Welch and Greg Campbell

FLA gets Rozi, a decent D man, who will add offense, signed long term, gets a change of scenery he needs, no pressure in FLA, and doesn't have to be their #1 guy, as well as a bunch of his fellow countrymen. And Prucha, who, if given, maybe 10 min a game can add offense, always comes to work, not afraid of anything, and will be a great role player for a young rebuilding squad.

Rangers get Welch, bottom pairing D man, did he even play last night? Really a throw in to cover the position (FLA fans fill in anything else about him, maybe I'm overlooking him) and Campbell, a good bottom 6 guy, from what I've seen, who could probably add more than Fritsche, even thou he has come around a bit lately.

ANy takers??
I like Campbell but I'd like to get more out of a deal with Rozsival.

KRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I think Booth would be absolutely PERFECT on Gomer's wing.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:36 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Well apparently you are a NHL GM so I guess Sather should just sit back and try and do nothing now right?

please...............moves can be made and their will be bargains out there............once again a guy like Antropov would be considered a top 6 forward.......he makes only 2 million and is a UFA..........Rangers have a good farm system and they can shed salary easily.........Prucha will be taken at some pt and Rissmiller can be sent to Hartford.............Dawes is a good trade chip and if they have to they can move Kalinen for a cheaper D option or call up Potter aswell. Plus Rozsival still has value.............not sure why people think after 25 games other teams would think he is done...........do you not think other teams were offering a similar salary?

there are options and someting will get done
Yeah you're right, I consider myself an NHL GM because I'm just being realistic here. We have fans on this board that are way too biased and believe that other teams will want our garbage that we over value.

Maybe you did not read my whole post but I did say at the end that if we could move prucha and rissmiller then maybe we could sign Sundin. But the real question is...who wants those players and the answer is NOBODY. If a team actually had any interest in Prucha whatsoever he would have been dealt already. You cant possibly sit here and tell me that Sather hasn't been shopping him around at all or that he is not sitting there waiting to jump on the first offer for Prucha. Same goes for Rissmiller. The guy has been sent down to hartford and pulled back and simply has not played. Is sather and renney saving him as some secret weapon and not dealing the guy? NO....they just can't get rid of him.

Though I've always been a huge Dawes fan since his junior days, the guy is simply not a "good" trade chip. He is just a "decent" trade chip. He is young with some potential BUT he hasn't done anything on the ice to warrant a team wanting him. He hasnt been able to put pucks in the net at all, and that includes this year and last. I know he is still young and what not but honestly how much could you get back for an unproven player. Right now he is a serviceable 3rd line forward and most teams have guys just like that so they wont be giving up 1st/2nd line forwards for him which is what we NEED.

And why would we trade Kalinin who has been one of our more solid defensemen this year??? That just doesnt make sense. He probably could help us land someone but Potter will not be as good as Kalinin back there. Defense wins games, hence why this team is 1st in the East even with their scoring trouble which can definitely be considered severe at times. It is not worth it to give up Kalinin.

And as for Rozsival no one is going to want is ridiculous contract. And whatever teams there were that might have considered offering that contract, probably would definitely not now and it was definitely only a few teams. I dont care if its only around 25 games in, this is the player rozsival has always been. We overrated him because during the time he's been here, there weren't any defensemen that were as good as him because our defense was poor. Not until last year did our defense look strong with the likes of staal, a developing girardi with some nhl time under his belt, addition of mara, and tyutin. Tyutin was the only guy that was good before last year and he was still developing into an NHL defenseman. Rosie isnt that great. And no one is going to wanna take that contract for an average defenseman at best because that is what he is. No one is saying he is done, what you're seeing is the player that he really is. Sometimes he can have really good games and then next week could have absolutely atrocious games. That's an average defenseman.

I'm not saying that it is impossible to make a move or two. But it's definitely somewhat close to impossible. People are on here every other day talking about some trade proposal, getting their hopes up when they shouldn't be. The rangers need another top notch forward like zherdev and that is going to be hard to come by with their restrictions and with the trade chips they actually have that teams most likely won't even want

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:26 AM
NYRangers09

I say a prayer before i go to sleep every night that David Booth would be on this team playing on Gomez's wing.

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:42 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

NYR: Horton + 2nd
FLA: Anisimov + Prucha + Callahan + 3rd

Then

NYR: Frolov
LA: Rozsival + Dawes + Florida's 2nd

Then